Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

Just happened to come across this :D

canada.png

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jaykace

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    I got 1054 ish and the wife got 1546 ish.... I would hope it's being doing in order of paid also . As from the beginning first come first served they said.

What did you get??

i got 003838 and had all filled out previously
    v lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

jaykace wrote: »
    i got 003838 and had all filled out previously
    v lucky

bet u did a little dance to celebrate! I got 1490 and I danced! :)

I got 1054 ish and the wife got 1546 ish.... I would hope it's being doing in order of paid also . As from the beginning first come first served they said.

What did you get??

apparrently they work there all this weekend too so you should both get letter soon..

ckgirl wrote: »
    bet u did a little dance to celebrate! I got 1490 and I danced! :)

i did i kind of choked as i thought 3800 was cut off point and had to look again.....
    in by 12.. a split second and i was gone haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

i did i kind of choked as i thought 3800 was cut off point and had to look again.....
    in by 12.. a split second and i was gone haha

You were defo blessed to get in there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Good luck to people going for Round 2. If Round 1 was anything to go by, R2 will go faster. A lot more people will be aware with R1 being in the News ect. The only thing that will save people in R2 is a fast Laptop and good fast connection!

You were defo blessed to get in there.....

yeah deffo and i payed by 11 am yesterday morning so if i get my letter before any of you then there's no order to their processing.

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Good luck to people going for Round 2. If Round 1 was anything to go by, R2 will go faster. A lot more people will be aware with R1 being in the News ect. The only thing that will save people in R2 is a fast Laptop and good fast connection!

and fill out the form before it opens!!!!!!!submit the second it opens!!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Yea and also to note before actually submitting you have to put your Email and Password in again so make sure it's typed in correctly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

yeah deffo and i payed by 11 am yesterday morning so if i get my letter before any of you then there's no order to their processing.

Sound..... I'll let you's know when I get mine if I get it just so we can see if there is any order....

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

I have a terribly slow internet connection and an even slower laptop, and I got in in the first 100. Proof that a lot of it just came down to luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Hey guys, a bit late in the game to be asking this but could use some advice.. there was just over a year left on my passport so I sent it in to be renewed, should have the new one next week, but I scanned it before I sent it and used the scan for the Kompass part (phase 1) of the application. So, should I use the scan of the old one for the MyCIC part (phase 2) of the application, or wait until next week, change the passport number in Kompass and use the new passport number and scan that?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Hey guys, a bit late in the game to be asking this but could use some advice.. there was just over a year left on my passport so I sent it in to be renewed, should have the new one next week, but I scanned it before I sent it and used the scan for the Kompass part (phase 1) of the application. So, should I use the scan of the old one for the MyCIC part (phase 2) of the application, or wait until next week, change the passport number in Kompass and use the new passport number and scan that?

It was unconfirmed March 29th so you should have passport in time! I'd use new passport and just change passport number in kompass.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

I would also say to not actually refresh the page but just navigate about within it so you don't get logged out. Not sure if there's any logic to that but that's what I did and I wasn't logged out (therefore didn't have to waste time and sign in again).

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭EireCelt

Hi everyone,
    No experience with any of this, went with visafirst but was unsuccessful, an told that my Kompass account is set up and ready, what would your advice be for me from here on? Should I stay with visafirst and hope for best, can I try aswell as visafirst ect..?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

guest124 wrote: »
    It was unconfirmed March 29th so you should have passport in time! I'd use new passport and just change passport number in kompass.

I got a WTN.. not sure what you mean by the 29th.
    Will use the new passport and change the number in Kompass, just hope that the fact that I applied initially on the old one and am applying for the work permit on the new one doesn't jeapordize my visa!:eek:

eenm wrote: »
    I would also say to not actually refresh the page but just navigate about within it so you don't get logged out. Not sure if there's any logic to that but that's what I did and I wasn't logged out (therefore didn't have to waste time and sign in again).

Not sure what you mean by 'navigate about within it'. Do you mean actually clicking on links and moving to different pages? If so, it's basically the same as refreshing

If you're not actually loading a page from the server now and again though (whether by refreshing or moving between pages), then there's a risk of you timing out

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

ciaran12 wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by 'navigate about within it'. Do you mean actually clicking on links and moving to different pages? If so, it's basically the same as refreshing

If you're not actually loading a page from the server now and again though (whether by refreshing or moving between pages), then there's a risk of you timing out

Yeah fair enough, wasn't sure if there was any logic to it! All worked out sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

Anyone get a Conditional Letter of Acceptance today? Would they be processing them over the weekend??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 southstand

lads i need some help, i have windows 8 and cannot get the message to open, i have downloaded adobe and it still wont open! did anyone have issues with this and how did ye get around it? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Lisa1992 wrote: »
    Anyone get a Conditional Letter of Acceptance today? Would they be processing them over the weekend??

Nobody knows really. But given that it is only 10am in Ottowa now, I dount they've done many if any !

southstand wrote: »
    lads i need some help, i have windows 8 and cannot get the message to open, i have downloaded adobe and it still wont open! did anyone have issues with this and how did ye get around it? thanks.

Are you using the standalone adobe reader or a browser plugin?

I used the standalone version from here: http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

Nobody knows really. But given that it is only 10am in Ottowa now, I dount they've done many if any !

yeah i suppose so, fingers crossed we'll know more soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

If you're using Chrome: Go to downloads to find the file (Start--> windows explorer--> downloads). Highlight the file, right click on it and click "open with adobe reader X". Boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

A LOT of people in this thread are freaking out needlessly and asking questions that have been answered a thousand times before. Any chance a mod can edit the thread title and stick a mod warning post in? With a link to Faith's excellent FAQ and the official YouTube walkthrough guides.
    I know it's a nerve wrecking process, but if you take 20 minutes to:

Carefully read the official IEC page
    Check out the FAQ here in the Canada forum
    Watch the 4-5 official YouTube tutorials

You'll be fully clued in and be able to breath and function like a healthy human being!
    I don't think there is one question in the last 5 pages of this thread, that haven't been answered literally tens of times again and again.

Congrats to those that made the submission in time, good luck to those that are waiting on another shot during round 2. Whether you're the former or latter, all you have at the moment is time to relax, take deep breaths, stay informed and don't go to the cinema and let your mate submit for you/ rely on any third party organisation or person. :pac: If you truly want the visa, you owe it to yourself to take responsibility for understanding & applying for it correctly.
    And if you struggled with stage 1 basic website forms, you have time NOW to fix that, AND prep yourself for stage 2, while still straightforward; complexity and time needed to complete are longer.

Inhale...............exhale....
    See? Feels great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 southstand

cheers rich, i updated adobe again and tried what you said and it worked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

I have Windows 8 and had the same problem. So, install Adobe. Now go to the download folder. Right click 'open with' and select Adobe. That should do it. Get back in touch if it does/doesn't work!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

GrumPy wrote: »
    A LOT of people in this thread are freaking out needlessly and asking questions that have been answered a thousand times before. Any chance a mod can edit the thread title and stick a mod warning post in? With a link to Faith's excellent FAQ and the official YouTube walkthrough guides.
    I know it's a nerve wrecking process, but if you take 20 minutes to:

Carefully read the official IEC page
    Check out the FAQ here in the Canada forum
    Watch the 4-5 official YouTube tutorials

You'll be fully clued in and be able to breath and function like a healthy human being!
    I don't think there is one question in the last 5 pages of this thread, that haven't been answered literally tens of times again and again.

Congrats to those that made the submission in time, good luck to those that are waiting on another shot during round 2. Whether you're the former or latter, all you have at the moment is time to relax, take deep breaths, stay informed and don't go to the cinema and let your mate submit for you/ rely on any third party organisation or person. :pac: If you truly want the visa, you owe it to yourself to take responsibility for understanding & applying for it correctly.
    And if you struggled with stage 1 basic website forms, you have time NOW to fix that, AND prep yourself for stage 2, while still straightforward; complexity and time needed to complete are longer.

Inhale...............exhale....
    See? Feels great! :)

Done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 duffman44

Here is the link to the Video Guides for stage 2 http://www.screencast.com/t/l14SkcgCtKaq
    Password: IECgo4less

Advertisement