Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

EireCelt wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    No experience with any of this, went with visafirst but was unsuccessful, an told that my Kompass account is set up and ready, what would your advice be for me from here on? Should I stay with visafirst and hope for best, can I try aswell as visafirst ect..?

Hi Eire,

To be honest, avoid third party companies like the plague. There are many reasons for this. One, the majority are ill-competant and are not as informed as you think they are. Usit are a good example of this as I've experienced personally. Secondly, you have less control over how the visa process is carried out.

People think that by going through a third party it will be more efficient. This isn't correct. Knowing the process inside out will give you so much more confidence in the process than leaving it up to someone else to do it. If you want to do something right, you do it yourself.

You also save a lot of money by doing it yourself. Why pay Usit 300 euros just so they can hold your hand? I've no experience with Visafirst, but I can't imagine it's a free service. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Oh well thanks anyway I've sent an email through my kompass account so hopefully someone will get back to me.

Is it just the save only button you have available too?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

EireCelt wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    No experience with any of this, went with visafirst but was unsuccessful, an told that my Kompass account is set up and ready, what would your advice be for me from here on? Should I stay with visafirst and hope for best, can I try aswell as visafirst ect..?

I would try your very best to avoid going through a 3rd party, in 2012 I wanted to get a Visa but had no clue about how to apply so I decided to apply through City Visas. It was a complete joke, I paid them over 500 euro to assist with my application and they completely fecked it up. They provided me with all the documentation to apply and talked me through it, I sent off my application which was sent back 2 weeks later stating that I'd applied for the wrong permit, so they gave me new forms too fill out, I sent them off too which were also sent back, they couldn't understand the reason for this so I contacted the IEC myself to find out all documentation they had provided me with was for UK residents and by the time this was resolved all the visas were gone. Never got a refund, never got an apology. They were useless, they advised me to book tickets and get my insurance (which I did) so all in all I lost out on 1000 euro. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

This forum is great, it literally provides every last detail you require to apply so just read through the thread and if you need any other assistance there is plenty of us here to help.

Good Luck!!!! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SmithS01

Hi Guys,

I have submitted my CV and Passport but have not received a notification that these have been received? Did everyone get a notice in their Kompass messages to say that these had been received?

My Status still says: Submitted - Payment and required documents pending

??

SmithS01 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have submitted my CV and Passport but have not received a notification that these have been received? Did everyone get a notice in their Kompass messages to say that these had been received?

My Status still says: Submitted - Payment and required documents pending

??

Have you paid the participation fee?

• Advertisement

Yup, both of those sections say 'Submitted' but I haven't gotten notification that they have been received.

Have I missed something?

Yup, both of those sections say 'Submitted' but I haven't gotten notification that they have been received.

Have I missed something?

Once you've paid and submitted your documents you should receive and email from 'netbanx' confirming your payment, I received this straight away but it took about 8 hours before I got the message in my Kompass Account so you should be ok!!

I did it at 6am yesterday so the paranoia is starting to get to me!!!

I did it at 6am yesterday so the paranoia is starting to get to me!!!

Ah you'll be grand it'll probably be Monday before there is anymore processed. Give it till then at least and if there is still noting message the IEC maybe?!?

Lisa1992 wrote: »
    Ah you'll be grand it'll probably be Monday before there is anymore processed. Give it till then at least and if there is still noting message the IEC maybe?!?
    Hopefully!! I'm going to be traumatized after this experience!!!

I'll contact them on Monday if I don't hear anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

What's the problem? It can take up to a week or more to get your Conditional Letter of Acceptance so be patient. They have 3850 submissions to go through. It will be first come first served no doubt. If you have a low number then you will hear soon enough I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

I'll contact them on Monday if I don't hear anything.

Great idea, email them for absolutely no reason and wait for a reply we all know what will say and in the meantime give them even more work to do.. That should help matters.

Silvio67 wrote: »
    Great idea, email them for absolutely no reason and wait for a reply we all know what will say and in the meantime give them even more work to do.. That should help matters.
    will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Phoenix wrote: »
    Got the notification of receipt of documents and payment messsage just there now

what time did you make payment and submit docs at?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Thinking of just submitting the myCIC application forms along with the required documents as soon as I get the conditional acceptance. Have no police clearance from canadian police, just applied for it last week, but Ive heard its not necessary if you're currently in canada, as CIC run their own check on you there themselves. Can anyone confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Thinking of just submitting the myCIC application forms along with the required documents as soon as I get the conditional acceptance. Have no police clearance from canadian police, just applied for it last week, but Ive heard its not necessary if you're currently in canada, as CIC run their own check on you there themselves. Can anyone confirm this?

That's what they said last year, but they still went ahead and asked anyone who had lived in Canada for six months or more.

bopper wrote: »
    That's what they said last year, but they still went ahead and asked anyone who had lived in Canada for six months or more.

fair enough. Hopefully the clearance wont take long arriving. id rather submit all the correct documents at once that submitting and having them come back to you looking for additional docs/information

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Literally just got notification now too ,,,,, paid at 8:30ish yesterday morn....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

The payment is no longer showing in my online banking...but the IEC page says payment submitted.

I've yet to get confirmation of them receiving the documents & payment.

Paid at 8:20 yesterday.

Anyone else noticed anything like this?...

I think it's all random as I only paid at 10 am yesterday and got confirmation by 4pm yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

NadyB wrote: »
    They tell you exactly everything they want, and the order they want to see it in, it couldn't be simpler.
    As long as you follow that template and it looks good and is legible you'll be fine.
    If you're still worried, google Canadian Résumé examples

Thanks man! Just worried about following it exactly or if there was some potential for slight variation.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Looks like it's just random so..... Different staff members working at different speeds.

Get some irish in there and it would probably be all finished and organised by now.....

Ye know , with our work Ethic and all that.

Hahahah aha

I have Windows 8 and had the same problem. So, install Adobe. Now go to the download folder. Right click 'open with' and select Adobe. That should do it. Get back in touch if it does/doesn't work!

Hi just a question about the IMM1295 form for stage 2. I think you have it submitted already you said. Theres a section that asks "duration of expected employment", with a "from" and "to" date. Did you leave that blank or fill it in?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NadyB

billyduk wrote: »
    Thanks man! Just worried about following it exactly or if there was some potential for slight variation.

Just to be clear there is room for slight variation, just as long as it follows the order they've asked you to put it in.
    It makes the information easier to read. A tip for writing your duties is to use bullet points rather than long paragraphs

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duffman44

Kaizersoze81 it tells you on the video i posted

duffman44 wrote: »
    Kaizersoze81 it tells you on the video i posted

thanks, that video is very helpful.

I dont want to be seen to be putting ideas in moderators heads, but maybe its nearly time for splitting the "waiting lounge" thread into IEC Stage 1 , and Stage 2 threads? I'd say there'll be a large amount of information and questions on stage 2 coming up shortly, and it'd be easier to keep this thread for people who are hoping to get in on round 2 etc. I see last year they had a seperate stage 2/CIC thread.
    Just a suggestion :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I dont want to be seen to be putting ideas in moderators heads, but maybe its nearly time for splitting the "waiting lounge" thread into IEC Stage 1 , and Stage 2 threads? I'd say there'll be a large amount of information and questions on stage 2 coming up shortly, and it'd be easier to keep this thread for people who are hoping to get in on round 2 etc. I see last year they had a seperate stage 2/CIC thread.
    Just a suggestion :)

Yeah, good point actually.

Advertisement