Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Throw duffmans vids into the other thread.. will be a great help!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 finn001

hey Phoenix, i sent CV and Passport but have not received a notification, before getting your confirmation email did they take money out of your account as they have not taken the fee out of mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

hey Phoenix, i sent CV and Passport but have not received a notification, before getting your confirmation email did they take money out of your account as they have not taken the fee out of mine?

Nothing has been charged to my Credit Card yet either. I'd say it will appear next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rip It Up

I know someone else mentioned this too but I can't find it in the previous pages:

Did anyone else have an alert in the IEC Category section that said the WH Visa wasn't available yet, AFTER they had come online?

I logged in at 8 on the dot, refreshed the IEC Category page a few times and it still said they weren't available yet. Then when I logged out and in again, they were gone.

I'm asking out of sheer terror that this could happen again. I've built a little life here in Canada and I don't want to lose it over a technical glitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Rip It Up wrote: »
    I know someone else mentioned this too but I can't find it in the previous pages:

Did anyone else have an alert in the IEC Category section that said the WH Visa wasn't available yet, AFTER they had come online?

I logged in at 8 on the dot, refreshed the IEC Category page a few times and it still said they weren't available yet. Then when I logged out and in again, they were gone.

I'm asking out of sheer terror that this could happen again. I've built a little life here in Canada and I don't want to lose it over a technical glitch.

It happened to me as well. My girlfriend was on her laptop beside me, we logged in at the same time, it said it was open on hers but not yet on mine. I refreshed once and it said the same, refreshed a second time and it showed up as open. If it happens again refresh rather than signing out. Had a minute of terror before the page opened the second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lenny33

Rip It Up wrote: »

Im having the same problem.. that ALERT msg is still comin up when I go to the IEC CATEGORY section. . Refreshing wont get rid of it.. freakin out meself..

Is yours still on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

lenny33 wrote: »
    Im having the same problem.. that ALERT msg is still comin up when I go to the IEC CATEGORY section. . Refreshing wont get rid of it.. freakin out meself..

Is yours still on it...

It's probably still there because the IEC is not available at the moment. It will change when the second round opens.

I signed in just after 8 and the Working Holiday was there. Sounds like you have to wait until Round 2 to try your luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Just to let you know I got the notification of receipt of documents and payment message just there now. I paid on Friday eve about 6.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

1. I looked at my application today and noticed that I made a mistake when I was filling it out!! Do they allow people to make changes and if they don't, do I need to withdraw my application and wait until round 2 to reapply or do I have to wait until 2015?

2. If an application isn't withdrawn and is eventually rejected because of an error, can a person reapply in round 2 or do you have to wait until 2015?

1. I looked at my application today and noticed that I made a mistake when I was filling it out!! Do they allow people to make changes and if they don't, do I need to withdraw my application and wait until round 2 to reapply or do I have to wait until 2015?

2. If an application isn't withdrawn and is eventually rejected because of an error, can a person reapply in round 2 or do you have to wait until 2015?

You would need to Email them from within your Kompass Account. Nobody knows what the story is with this 24 month visa if mistakes have been made in the Application Process. Some people who didn't put their names in corresponding with their passports got rejected from the IEC UK when it was open. That's not to say the Irish IEC will be the same, they might allow people to alter their details and fix the mistakes. All you can do is contact them :)

EI-DOR wrote: »
    You would need to Email them from within your Kompass Account. Nobody knows what the story is with this 24 month visa if mistakes have been made in the Application Process. Some people who didn't put their names in corresponding with their passports got rejected from the IEC UK when it was open. That's not to say the Irish IEC will be the same, they might allow people to alter their details and fix the mistakes. All you can do is contact them :)

If it is rejected, am I allowed to apply again in Round 2.....or maybe if I withdraw now, I can apply again in round 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

JamHn wrote: »

Depends on what kind of mistake you made. If you put the wrong name or date of birth down then you'll probably get rejected.

If it's just a mistake in your resume or something you'll be fine.

You will be able to apply in round 2 provided it's just an error that gets you rejected and not a criminal record or something like that

Message the IEC anyway saying you've made a mistake and they might allow you to change it. They're only human!

john_jobin wrote: »
    Depends on what kind of mistake you made. If you put the wrong name or date of birth down then you'll probably get rejected.

If it's just a mistake in your resume or something you'll be fine.

You will be able to apply in round 2 provided it's just an error that gets you rejected and not a criminal record or something like that

Message the IEC anyway saying you've made a mistake and they might allow you to change it. They're only human!

Thanks, John. That's reassuring that the worst case scenario would that I can apply again this year in round 2, since it was a just a typo on the application form. It was completely my own fault. I should have read through it to check for errors before clicking submit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

Rip It Up wrote:

It happened to me twice, but the third time I tried to load the page, it appeared. It's just a problem because the site was so incredibly slowed down by everyone trying to refresh at once.

I'd say for Round 2, just prepare everything in advance, and set yourself up with the fastest internet connection you can, even if it means going to a friend's or relative's house to use theirs. (I was using a wifi booster right next to my computer, just in case.) And use a fresh Chrome install, lest toolbars slow your browser down. It might sound a bit overkill, but it'll be worth it if it gets you a place in the quota!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Just got my confirmation of payment and uploaded docs, my WTN is in the 1700's an I paid around 10am Friday morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gj518

Just got my confirmation of payment and uploaded docs, my WTN is in the 1700's an I paid around 10am Friday morning :)

Just now? I tought they off untill tuesday?

gj518 wrote: »

About an hour ago, they must be working over the weekend. Loads of overtime in immigration! :)

• Advertisement

Got my receipt of payment and document submission. I was in the 1900's.

Here's what it says for anyone that's curious:
    International Experience Canada (IEC) has received your payment and confirms that you have uploaded supporting documents for your application.

This acknowledgement of receipt only acknowledges the reception of your documents and payments; it does not guarantee that the submitted documents comply with IEC rules.

If you submitted your payment and uploaded your supporting documents by the deadline specified in the “Notification of submission - Submit payment and required documents,” IEC will assess your application within 14 days.

When a decision is made, IEC will send you a letter through the “My Messages” section of your Kompass account. IEC will not respond to any inquiries regarding the status of your application before the decision is made.

Failure to correctly submit payment and supporting documents by the deadline will automatically result in your application being refused.

You must use the “My Messages” section in your Kompass account to communicate with IEC.

International Experience Canada

"IEC eligibility assessment" is now "in progress".

I got mine today too...I wonder how long it has been taking for others to get the conditional letter of acceptance letter?

gj518 wrote: »

St. Patrick's Day is not an official national holiday in Canada

ckgirl wrote: »
    I got mine today too...I wonder how long it has been taking for others to get the conditional letter of acceptance letter?

I saw on here a few people said they got them pretty quickly after receiving the confirmation of payment.. here's hoping! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

• IEC eligibility assessment
    Anyone know how long it generally takes this section, Ive done the money and uploaded the cv passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Could the payment confirmation thing be automatic?

I don't know if anyone has been given conditional acceptance over the weekend... Have they?

Just wondering re them working over the weekend or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

astonaidan wrote: »
    • IEC eligibility assessment
    Anyone know how long it generally takes this section, Ive done the money and uploaded the cv passport.

It depends really. They say it could take anywhere up to 2 weeks, so don't start panicing until you've been waiting more than that.

That being said there are people on here who paid their fees in the early hours of Friday morning, received there notice of reciept at around 9am on Friday and then got their conditional acceptance Friday night. Compared to previous years they're really flying through them so you probably won't have to wait the full 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Raymo1993

I can't open the message they sent me

A chap on the Irish FB page got his POE Letter today. His WTN is 68!
    We paid on Friday morning, got the CAL later that day, after we got that we went straight to doing the mycic account, had everything ready for that so got all that done in an hour or so, submitted it, a few hours later we got notice of submission from mycic and then just a little while ago received the POE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

EI-DOR wrote: »
    A chap on the Irish FB page got his POE Letter today. His WTN is 68!

Which one el dor ?

Advertisement