Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Anyone who gets CAL or POE could you update us today? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Number 122 all docs and paid since 8:30am Friday. I reckon it's more to do with who deals with your application. Some of them faster than others etc. Annoying that some people have Loi letters already though and loads of us still waiting on CAL :/ hopefully we'll hear something today though. Mine is "in progress" since last Friday.
    Hopefully will have loi before round 2 opens. I'd say that's the plan that iec have anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

Do you reckon? I was away all weekend, so didn't get a chance to think about it much. Now I'm back to reality I'm starting to get worked up again! I have my receipt of payment/docs email, so at least I know they got my money!

I'm 1136, so might be a while yet...not sure I could take 14 days of this!!

100%. If they had processed your application they would have told you either way if you were accepted or rejected. No point getting worked up about it when they just haven't gotten to your application yet.

As was said above, it's all down to who's dealing with your application, some are faster than others! Hell I'm number 15 and I didn't get my request for documents and payment until 12pm on Friday even though people in the 1000-2000's got theirs hours before me!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

billyduk wrote: »
    Happened to me too. If you are on a mac, open the image file in preview and save as a pdf (even of the file is already pdf). Open and save it again as PDF in adobe reader if on windows. Don't know why but exporting as pdf from word was the issue for me. Although a pdf file type, the file did not come up as pdf in the file metadata. Very strange but the above solved it for me.

so were both the passport and the CV saved as PDF's using Adobe Reader ? I tried a number of different combinations and its still not showing the 'SUBMIT' button.

Whats strange is that the files are being renamed automaticially by IEC system and also allow me to view the uploaded files without any issue.

Still waiting to hear back from IEC

could people please confirm what type of file they uploaded to Kompass ....as in .pdfs / .gifs etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Both of mine were PDF's

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I uploaded both of mine in PDF also!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Skalragg wrote: »
    could people please confirm what type of file they uploaded to Kompass ....as in .pdfs / .gifs etc

Both PDFs. My wife did the same and has her Conditional letter of acceptance so PDF is definitely grande!

Cheers for replies

Both of mine are Adobe PDF's and still getting no option to submit :/

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

You tried multiple different browsers?

Try holding Control on your keyboard and scrolling up and down on your mouse wheel or hold control and on the keyboard press the + or - keys to make it zoom in and out. The button might be lost behind a frame or something?

• Advertisement

PDFs here too

MarkJD wrote: »
    You tried multiple different browsers?

Try holding Control on your keyboard and scrolling up and down on your mouse wheel or hold control and on the keyboard press the + or - keys to make it zoom in and out. The button might be lost behind a frame or something?

yeah I've used 4 different browsers, all caches deleted. Also inspected the elements in the code and didnt see it there..... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JnGL91

Does anybody know if it is possible to enter as a tourist if you already have your work permit but do not wish to activate it yet?

I have a visa for the USA and would like to fly to Toronto to attend interviews, find accommodation etc during the Summer but I don't want to activate my visa until my US visa is over-so October 2014. I want to take advantage of the full 24months!

I only submitted payment yesterday- my number is in the 2000s, waiting on CAL, but obviously there's no rush for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 abi sant clare

Hey Guys,

Just wondering what did ye do when uploading the digital photo for the CIC part?
    I cropped an old picture and hoped for the best, is it safe to assume if it uploaded successfully then the photo meets its criteira?

Also the resume part for CIC, did ye upload the same resume used for the Kompass part?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 eamohal

Hey Guys,

I have submitted documents and payment received confirmation of payment and documents, and awaiting conditional letter of acceptance.

My passport expires June 2015 and I need to update my current passport to enable me to receive a 2 year work permit. I was just curious if any of you guys know when I can change details like expiry dates etc. on our online application if viable?

JnGL91 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if it is possible to enter as a tourist if you already have your work permit but do not wish to activate it yet?

I have a visa for the USA and would like to fly to Toronto to attend interviews, find accommodation etc during the Summer but I don't want to activate my visa until my US visa is over-so October 2014. I want to take advantage of the full 24months!

I only submitted payment yesterday- my number is in the 2000s, waiting on CAL, but obviously there's no rush for me.

Can speak from experience as this is what I did in 2012 when I was on my first WHV.

Short answer is yes you can enter on a tourist visa before activating your working holiday visa.

There is a small amount of risk, and it's basically down to what immigration officer you have to deal with at the border.

The one I had to deal with was on a serious power trip at the time and nearly denied me access because he could tell on his computer that I had applied for a visa (They have access to all visa systems on their computers so they know if you have an appliction in the pipeline) and claimed that I was coming in early to start working illegally while I watied for my visa.

Luckily I managed to convince him otherwise and he let him in, unfortunately one of my friends wasn't so lucky and he was turned around at the border and sent back to Dublin!!

Don't worry too much though because judging by IEC threads here on Boards back then what happened to us was extremely rare. 99.9% of people who enter on a toursit visa before their IEC visa is activated get through no problem

So I have created my CIC account. Query... Do you link your application? It looks as if I've created an account for the wrong thing.

Did you start the Questionaire on the CIC Website from this link?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp

Yes, good point I followed your previous link... Sorry I didn't mean to be one of those people. That website is not user friendly at all and I panicked. I'll pipe down. :)

Yea as long as you select "Work Permit" and follow that Questionnaire you should be fine. I only went as far as getting the Checklist Code, I haven't gone any further yet with it!

• Advertisement

Maybe this is something I should hang on and do after work.

I did search the thread, but can I ask, is your 'client ID' your WTN?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

Is everyone filling out the CIC before or after getting their conditional offer? I haven't got my conditional offer yet, is jumping the gun an issue?

Hey Guys,

I have submitted documents and payment received confirmation of payment and documents, and awaiting conditional letter of acceptance.

My passport expires June 2015 and I need to update my current passport to enable me to receive a 2 year work permit. I was just curious if any of you guys know when I can change details like expiry dates etc. on our online application if viable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

ravingitup wrote: »
    Is everyone filling out the CIC before or after getting their conditional offer? I haven't got my conditional offer yet, is jumping the gun an issue?

I didn't think you could fill it out before you got the offer. This is what it says in the step by step application:

The IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter will direct you to create a MyCIC account to begin your application for a work permit

You can still get the CIC Account setup now!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jaykace

ravingitup wrote: »

no harm to fill it in mate its just the letter your waiting for

Eamo, you can update the Passport Number in the Kompass Account at any time. Just don't update it until you have your Point of Entry Letter in hand. You will need to take both passports to Canada when you go!

Thanks a lot dude.:) Now hope this Conditional Letter of Acceptance comes soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

eenm wrote: »
    Maybe this is something I should hang on and do after work.

I did search the thread, but can I ask, is your 'client ID' your WTN?

No, your client id is if you previously had an iec visa, the client id is written on your work permit. Its an 8 digit number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

Filling out the CIC straight away isn't needed as the next stages for the IEC are much more time giving. You have weeks to apply from stage 2 onwards.

The conditional letter when it arrives, provides instructions on how to go about doing your CIC so just wait for that.

Relax people :)

Advertisement