Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Re: the opening date, we know that different sources have said that we should check the page in late November/early December, but does anyone think that that might just about information and instructions? Reading the latest official information:

"Information regarding the opening of the 2014 International Experience Canada initiative will be posted on this page at a later date."

So...they will post information of the opening soon. Not that it will definitely open soon.

Maybe they will just tell us the opening date...sometime in January. That would fit the format of last year, right? Notice of info. in Dec, open late Jan?

Anyone else wondering about this?

It was my understanding that the various sources you mention said the Irish quota would open in early December. But I do see what you mean, when I saw the wording of the above statement, the phrase "later date" struck me as odd. I was hoping they'd say "soon" or something. I just thought there was something in the wording hinting that it might be some way off.

Then again, I may be analysing it too much, and looking for something that's not there :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lenny33

hiya all,,

looking to go to Edmonton in june with my 8 year old son,, ive been told i can put him down as a dependant when filling out the iec BUT what i really want to is will he need an insurance policy or something along that line and what do they cost...

not getting much info on any of the iec sites..

feel stuck
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

Hi all,

I am patiently waiting and also slightly panicking that visas are going to go in record time! Just wondering if any of you kind folk know if you have to include your criminal record check in the first round of the process? Still waiting on mine to come back.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Sloth89 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am patiently waiting and also slightly panicking that visas are going to go in record time! Just wondering if any of you kind folk know if you have to include your criminal record check in the first round of the process? Still waiting on mine to come back.....:(

nah you dont need it initially its needed for stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 14 S.Brolly

How long will it take to get the police check in Ireland, roughly?

• Advertisement

S.Brolly wrote: »

i got mine in a day depends on your local station really no more then a week or so id say !

i got mine in a day depends on your local station really no more then a week or so id say !

Nice one, cheers! :D

lenny33 wrote: »
    hiya all,,

looking to go to Edmonton in june with my 8 year old son,, ive been told i can put him down as a dependant when filling out the iec BUT what i really want to is will he need an insurance policy or something along that line and what do they cost...

not getting much info on any of the iec sites..

feel stuck
    thanks

im pretty sure he will need an insurance policy and what it cost is variable ring around and look emm up online !

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lenny33

Hey goingitalone..

I'll do that thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mixie_c

sjapok wrote: »
    This is in the FAQ relating to New Zealand (along with several other countries but not Irelands, although I'm sure it relates to us too):

12. I have replaced the passport under which my Letter of Introduction was issued (because it was damaged / lost / stolen / I got married) and am about to travel to Canada. May I still use the Letter of Introduction to obtain my work permit?
    Yes, as long as the validity period of the Letter of Introduction has not expired. When entering Canada, you must notify the border service officer of this change so that your work permit will be issued in accordance with your current passport information. We recommend that you bring a photocopy of your previous passport along with your current valid passport for presentation at the port of entry. If you changed your passport because you got married, please also bring a copy of your marriage certificate.

Basically they're saying just bring the old passport along with the new one and you'll be grande!

Thank you so much!! So happy reading this :) Thought it was going to cause a problem in applying! Would be my luck to discover I needed a new passport and the application opened in the morning lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

Just thought of insurance. Do I need it to fill out the IEC form? I already have it from my last visa, it's good until March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Mine is the Sligo station and I handed it in almost a week ago with no news yet. Its not needed until stage 2 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 fredchest

so if you pay with Visa Debit/Credit card....do you still send them the screen shot of payment?

Also would it be morning or evening time, they'd post up info on Stage One, opening? it's just I work afternoon/eve...

thanks,

Mine is the Sligo station and I handed it in almost a week ago with no news yet. Its not needed until stage 2 anyway.

Thanks .. Once stage two comes about, how long do we have to get those documents uploaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

I have a query regarding the police cert / garda clearance if anyone can answer it. The quote on garda.ie says
    "Applicants for Police Certificates for these purposes should make an application in writing to the Superintendent in charge of the district wherein they reside"

There are a few posts in this thread where people have said that they have handwritten the letter. Has anyone typed up the letter and sent it off with success?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

I have a query regarding the police cert / garda clearance if anyone can answer it. The quote on garda.ie says
    "Applicants for Police Certificates for these purposes should make an application in writing to the Superintendent in charge of the district wherein they reside"

There are a few posts in this thread where people have said that they have handwritten the letter. Has anyone typed up the letter and sent it off with success?
    Yeah I typed mine up and sent it in with a copy of my birth cert & passport and got my Cert in the post there the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

sickle wrote: »
    Yeah I typed mine up and sent it in with a copy of my birth cert & passport and got my Cert in the post there the other day.

Thanks! Saves me the trouble of handwriting it :-)

Thanks! Saves me the trouble of handwriting it :-)

you can actually get an application form from the station and you dont actually have to write anything up with you fill it in and give your copys of your documents . should be able to get it in the station .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sunnyirish

I wonder will it be released in the next week or two? Either way I reckon they should update the website if its not going to be released till 2014 hey? It's just not fair to people! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I wonder will it be released in the next week or two? Either way I reckon they should update the website if its not going to be released till 2014 hey? It's just not fair to people! smile.png
    Unfortunately that's the way it is Sunny. The IEC Croatia opening date was on the website two days before it opened. That's not to say they will do the same for the IEC Ireland. Croatia only got 275 Visas I believe so that might explain the opening date being released before it opened. Ireland is getting a lot more Visas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 sunnyirish

Yep that's true! Do you know if they give a time of day that it opens? :)

sunnyirish wrote: »
    Yep that's true! Do you know if they give a time of day that it opens? :)

No one knows when or when they will give a time when it will open but Generally the do give a day or 2 notice and the time it's open I believe

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh, so they give some notice that they're going to open it? That's useful at least.

Faith wrote: »
    Oh, so they give some notice that they're going to open it? That's useful at least.

apparently but then again it could change lol who knows what they will do really but id say going on before maybe 2 days notice or well the chances are but ya know lol

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

No one knows when or when they will give a time when it will open but Generally the do give a day or 2 notice and the time it's open I believe

???? Nobody knows when it open but they tell you when it does.

danotroy wrote: »
    ???? Nobody knows when it open but they tell you when it does.

YUp currently no one knows when it's open but it should be announced when it is yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Do we have to get garda clearance? Can you do this ahead of applying etc? I have my cv done up using their template. .
    That's about it

Do we have to get garda clearance? Can you do this ahead of applying etc? I have my cv done up using their template. .
    That's about it

you need is yes not needed till the second stage but you can apply in advance yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

you need is yes not needed till the second stage but you can apply in advance yes

Thank you!! No harm getting as much sorted in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

Could I get a link to the CV template? I'm pretty sure I'm okay, just make to be positive.

Advertisement