Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

People with CAL, did you get an email to your personal email to say you had a new message in kompass? I'm obsessively signing in and out of kompass. Would be handier to just wait for email alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

guest124 wrote: »
    People with CAL, did you get an email to your personal email to say you had a new message in kompass? I'm obsessively signing in and out of kompass. Would be handier to just wait for email alert.

I saw one person didnt get an email to there personal account but i got one today when i got my CAL :)

I saw one person didnt get an email to there personal account but i got one today when i got my CAL :)

Thanks. I'll continue my obsessive checking just incase then haha. Congrats on getting your CAL!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Is there an update on second rounds yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dribbles22

Has anyone who has been going through the problem where there is no option to Submit the required documents come accross a solution. Getting a bit worried now. I had an email back from them friday saying they are looking to resolove this technical issue but nothing since! Wonder how keen they are to resolove it or ignore it :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

great stuff! :) do you mind me asking what your wtn was? and when did you upload docs and pay?

Is there an update on second rounds yet?

Nothing yet! They'll get all of round 1 stage 1 done before opening round 2 I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I get Notifications to my Gmail Account so I don't have to keep signing into the Kompass Account. Everybody should be the same for the Personal Email!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

EI-DOR wrote: »
    I get Notifications to my Gmail Account so I don't have to keep signing into the Kompass Account. Everybody should be the same for the Personal Email!

I got the message in my Kompass Accout for ny CAL but no email, even though i got emails for my Notice of Submission etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Looks like itll be another day without CAL :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 harbourman

Hi all.. I have set up my CIC account and uploaded all of the documents, however, when I go to submit the documents the fee is showing up as nil... is this correct or should there be a fee payable at this point before I submit my documents?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Yup :(

Tomorrow is day 6 waiting! Fingers crossed. I didn't pay until 1.30PM Friday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Hi all.. I have set up my CIC account and uploaded all of the documents, however, when I go to submit the documents the fee is showing up as nil... is this correct or should there be a fee payable at this point before I submit my documents?

No there should not be anymore fees. The paid fee in Stage 1 covers the whole process!

It's strange that nobody here got it today. Wonder what iec staff were doing today? Maybe they spend a day on each country or something? As in we might all get it tomorrow, then they work on France or something on Thursday...

It's strange that nobody here got it today. Wonder what iec staff were doing today? Maybe they spend a day on each country or something? As in we might all get it tomorrow, then they work on France or something on Thursday...

Saw on Facebook group a guy said he got CAL this afternoon. But he was only one maybe he actually got it yesterday. He has since then removed his comment I think, but that's understandable. Facebook groups are annoying for notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

So I know we don't sign for the IMM 1295 but for the family form it asks for declarations if you don't have a spouse and don't have kids... Does anyone know what to do here?

I know it's been asked but not sure I've seen it answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

eenm wrote: »
    So I know we don't sign for the IMM 1295 but for the family form it asks for declarations if you don't have a spouse and don't have kids... Does anyone know what to do here?

I know it's been asked but not sure I've seen it answered.

Sorry... don't mind me. Found it. Print, sign, scan.

Thanks me! :)

The CIC Twitter had up that the IEC Taiwan was opening.
    But on theTaiwan iec page it says the folllowing;
    "Due to unforeseen circumstances, International Experience Canada 2014 will NOT open on Wednesday, March 19th 2014 at 6:00 a.m. in Taiwan, (March 18th, 18:00 in Ottawa) as previously announced. When a new date is chosen it will be posted on this website."

Wonder if the unforeseen circumstance is that Ireland visas weren't expected to go so fast so they're too busy to open another country yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Elaine_McElroy

dribbles22 wrote: »
    Has anyone who has been going through the problem where there is no option to Submit the required documents come accross a solution. Getting a bit worried now. I had an email back from them friday saying they are looking to resolove this technical issue but nothing since! Wonder how keen they are to resolove it or ignore it :S

No luck yet :-( I've emailed them twice with no response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

eenm wrote: »
    Sorry... don't mind me. Found it. Print, sign, scan.

Thanks me! :)

You just need to date it noprinting or physical signing needed . It's digitally signed too as apart of submitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

No luck yet :-( I've emailed them twice with no response.

I've sent a message, emailed their branch and also submitted a fault report on their kompass site. I still haven't received any response ..... :/

Have tried a number of different suggestions but none have worked, anyone run into the uploading passport issue and manage to resolve it

guest124 wrote: »
    The CIC Twitter had up that the IEC Taiwan was opening.
    But on theTaiwan iec page it says the folllowing;
    "Due to unforeseen circumstances, International Experience Canada 2014 will NOT open on Wednesday, March 19th 2014 at 6:00 a.m. in Taiwan, (March 18th, 18:00 in Ottawa) as previously announced. When a new date is chosen it will be posted on this website."

Wonder if the unforeseen circumstance is that Ireland visas weren't expected to go so fast so they're too busy to open another country yet.

Strange that.... Wonder will this have a knock on affect on delaying round 2 visas. They must be under pressure to get the 3500 CAL letters out to round 1 people

Strange that.... Wonder will this have a knock on affect on delaying round 2 visas. They must be under pressure to get the 3500 CAL letters out to round 1 people

System issues could cause a big delay yeah .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 emsyblue

Hi guys,
    Can someone explain to me what they would consider as a common law partner? I have applied as single but will be travelling with my boyfriend who has also applied as single!

emsyblue wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Can someone explain to me what they would consider as a common law partner? I have applied as single but will be travelling with my boyfriend who has also applied as single!

Edited. Oh actually I was wrong! http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=346&t=14

What does the Government of Canada consider to be a common-law relationship?

You may apply to sponsor a common-law partner, of the opposite sex or the same sex. If so, you have to prove you have been living with your partner for at least 12 consecutive months in a relationship like a marriage.

That means living together for one year without any long periods where you did not see each other. Either partner may have left the home for work or business travel, family obligations, and so on. However, that separation must have been temporary and short.

A common-law relationship ends when at least one partner does not intend to continue it.

Seen a few people got there cals today on fb only
    a few hours ago too so there was more then just one

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

For anyone who is having the same issues as me uploading the passport / CV in stage one, the following email reaches IEC also from what I was told.
    Dublin.iec-eic@international.gc.ca

Have tried every combo of file type from the list, size, 6 completely different web browsers, tried 4 machines......still no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dribbles22

Skalragg wrote: »
    Have tried every combo of file type from the list, size, 6 completely different web browsers, tried 4 machines......still no luck

Been trying everything under the sun myself. I think its just a technical issue that is out of our control. Just have to hope they appreciate this and deal with it appropriately. Such a frustrating issue to encounter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

ckgirl wrote: »
    great stuff! :) do you mind me asking what your wtn was? and when did you upload docs and pay?

Mine was 518 and i paid and uploaded my stuff around 7pm on friday

Advertisement