Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

It's strange that nobody here got it today. Wonder what iec staff were doing today? Maybe they spend a day on each country or something? As in we might all get it tomorrow, then they work on France or something on Thursday...

I got mine today around 3 so they are working on them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Something is eating at me now regarding the Police check. Somebody from Northern Ireland put up on the Irish fb Page earlier that her CIC is now asking for Additional Documents which is a Garda Check even though she has never lived in the South?!

I was under the impression people in N.I couldn't get a Garda Check as they wouldn't have us on record?

Anybody any ideas? First time in this whole process I'm confused. Now I don't know If I need one myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Something is eating at me now regarding the Police check. Somebody from Northern Ireland put up on the Irish fb Page earlier that her CIC is now asking for Additional Documents which is a Garda Check even though she has never lived in the South?!

I was under the impression people in N.I couldn't get a Garda Check as they wouldn't have us on record?

Anybody any ideas? First time in this whole process I'm confused. Now I don't know If I need one myself!

If they change the process requirements at the last moment, that's not something you're going to get penalized on. However, if this was readily available information prior to applying, well then that's the individual's own oversight.

All you can do is see how your OWN application goes. I've learned not to get freaked out by what other people post here or on a FB page as you don't know how organized that person is, or how accurate or comprehensive the inidividual is.

Aslong as you have everything organized that your situation calls for, you'll be fine!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 eamohal

Don't think so. We were supposed to get a police check through ACRO if we you live in the Northern Ireland. That's what I got. Im registered with go4less and that's what they insisted I needed.

Yea I'm applying with the ACRO Check anyway. Not having a panic attack over another persons application. Will see how my own goes as Ted has said!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

You just need to date it noprinting or physical signing needed . It's digitally signed too as apart of submitting.

I thought that initially but...

"The Family Information form IMM5707 should be filled out, printed and signed in the appropriate place to say whether you are not married or have children. You must then scan and upload the document."

moving2canada.com/immigration-to-canada/iec-canada-visa/

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

eenm wrote: »
    I thought that initially but...

"The Family Information form IMM5707 should be filled out, printed and signed in the appropriate place to say whether you are not married or have children. You must then scan and upload the document."

moving2canada.com/immigration-to-canada/iec-canada-visa/

i got my poe a few days now didnt sign either . its states when your creating the account theres not need .its digitally signed and thats from cic . i mean moving2canada is just some third party . and really your just making more work for yourself

*You do not need to sign your application form by hand if you submit your application form online. You will be asked to provide a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC.

That is directly from the site.

i got my poe a few days now didnt sign either . its states when your creating the account theres not need .its digitally signed and thats from cic . i mean moving2canada is just some third party . and really your just making more work for yourself

*You do not need to sign your application form by hand if you submit your application form online. You will be asked to provide a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC.

That is directly from the site.

I understood that was for the IMM1295z
    Would you mind sharing a link? Just to have it to hand if anything went wrong:

"Upon completion, enter the date on the form and click VALIDATE. You do not need to sign this form. You must then save the form to your desktop and upload."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Was half expecting my CAL this morning, but nothing :(

Don't think I'll be able to unclench til I see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

It's strange that nobody here got it today. Wonder what iec staff were doing today? Maybe they spend a day on each country or something? As in we might all get it tomorrow, then they work on France or something on Thursday...

FYI.

I got mine yesterday (19th March) at 5.15pm Ottawa time.

I got an e-mail which said that I had new correspondence in my Kompass account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

eenm wrote: »
    I understood that was for the IMM1295z
    Would you mind sharing a link? Just to have it to hand if anything went wrong:

"Upon completion, enter the date on the form and click VALIDATE. You do not need to sign this form. You must then save the form to your desktop and upload."
    I havent got it anymore I saved it from the declaration on creating the cic account and I cant get it anymore cause it doesn't pop up .cause I already have my Poe . Def don't need to though

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jaykace

sjapok wrote: »
    FYI.

What was your wtn?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jaykace

sjapok wrote: »
    FYI.

What was your wtn?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I got mine yesterday at 18:00, my wtn was 200 something and i uploaded my documents and payed Saturday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

I needed both, I live about 10 minutes from the border so just popped into the closest garda station and they sent it to me within a week no problem.

I needed both, I live about 10 minutes from the border so just popped into the closest garda station and they sent it to me within a week no problem.

Looks like I will have to pop into Dundalk so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SonRus

Is anybody still waiting on the Conditional Acceptance Letter? I paid at 4 am on Friday morning soon after receiving the request for payment/required documents and WTN was 654.
    Thought I was on the ball but after a call to my bank today the transaction did not go through until Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

dribbles22 wrote: »
    Been trying everything under the sun myself. I think its just a technical issue that is out of our control. Just have to hope they appreciate this and deal with it appropriately. Such a frustrating issue to encounter!

Anyone get update on this issue, getting nervous now as no reply from numerous emails

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

SonRus wrote: »
    Is anybody still waiting on the Conditional Acceptance Letter? I paid at 4 am on Friday morning soon after receiving the request for payment/required documents and WTN was 654.
    Thought I was on the ball but after a call to my bank today the transaction did not go through until Saturday!

I'm still waiting-paid and uploaded docs on Friday morning (about 10am), got an email over the weekend acknowledging receipt of both by IEC. No CAL yet though, getting very antsy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

Liam90 wrote: »
    I got mine yesterday at 18:00, my wtn was 200 something and i uploaded my documents and payed Saturday afternoon.

It's clearly not in order!!

I'm under 200 and I paid and uploaded before you did.

Ahhh, they mystery continues!

• Advertisement

SonRus wrote: »

Almost same boat as you. I'm 610 and paid Friday morning at 6:30am. I noticed the money was "pending" in my account until this morning, though they did give me receipt of payment/document confirmation about 3/4pm on Friday...

Such mystery!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

661 and still nothing. Getting worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

No point in getting worried about it when it's only been 5 days. They said it could take up to 2 weeks and some of us will probably be waiting that long.

As I've said before, no news is good news. If we had been rejected they would have told us by now, they simply just haven't reached our applications yet. Stay calm

Indeed. Keep er calm folks. It will come :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Just been looking through my application, I sign my name Firstname LastName, rather than use my full first middle last name thats on my passport, this will hardly be a reason to fail

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

jaykace wrote: »
    What was your wtn?

529 = WTN

Just been looking through my application, I sign my name Firstname LastName, rather than use my full first middle last name thats on my passport, this will hardly be a reason to fail

Yes they can reject you over that. Not saying they will!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 eamohal

It will be ages before I get CAL. My wtn is 2806. People in 500's WTN only getting theirs now. Received receipt of payment and uploaded documents on Sunday 21:00.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Yes they can reject you over that. Not saying they will!
    So because I sign my name First/Last on my passport that has First/Middle/Last they have grounds for rejection :eek:

Advertisement