Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Yes, the details you put into your Kompass at the start of the Application must correspond with your Passport details!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

astonaidan wrote: »
    So because I sign my name First/Last on my passport that has First/Middle/Last they have grounds for rejection :eek:

I'm 100% sure that they won't reject you for that, seeing as the passport I'm using this time round is the same as the passport I used to get my last IEC visa and I had absolutley no problem with it and I didn't have my middle name in my signature.

Provided the name you gave them perfectly matches the "Surname" and "Forename(s)" sections in your passport you'll be fine! They don't care about your signature.

I'm 100% sure that they won't reject you for that, seeing as the passport I'm using this time round is the same as the passport I used to get my last IEC visa and I had absolutley no problem with it and I didn't have my middle name in my signature.

Provided the name you gave them perfectly matches the "Surname" and "Forename(s)" sections in your passport you'll be fine! They don't care about your signature.

Not filling in details corresponding to the Passport can cause grounds for rejection but I'm sure you will be fine Aidan. I don't think they will be that harsh!

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Not filling in details corresponding to the Passport can cause grounds for rejection but I'm sure you will be fine Aidan. I don't think they will be that harsh!

But he did fill in details corresponding to the Passport.

What he's worried about is that the signature on his passport doesn't have his middle name in it, even though his middle name is in the "Forename(s)" section of the passport.

Provided he put his middle name into his Kompass account they 100% will not reject him because his signature in his passport doesn't have his middle name in it. Nowhere on the application does it say "Name provided must match the signature on your passport".

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

eamohal wrote: »
    It will be ages before I get CAL. My wtn is 2806. People in 500's WTN only getting theirs now. Received receipt of payment and uploaded documents on Sunday 21:00.

It's not in order Eamo.

People have got it before me when they had a bigger WTN number and paid and uploaded their documents after me.

The system they're using is currently unknown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭gavdolfini

When is the 2nd quota out or have i missed it? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

john_jobin wrote: »
    Nowhere on the application does it say "Name provided must match the signature on your passport".

Plus it's just not the done thing in Ireland to sign your entire name on it-the space isn't even big enough!!

gavdolfini wrote: »

No date has been confirmed by the IEC yet but there are rumours it will be the 29th of March.

They probably won't open up round 2 until they have all the people from Round 1 passed onto the MyCiC stage so it might take a bit longer depending.

Keep and eye on the IEC homepage as they'll more than likely announce it 24-72 hours before they open it as they did with Round 1

But he did fill in details corresponding to the Passport.

What he's worried about is that the signature on his passport doesn't have his middle name in it, even though his middle name is in the "Forename(s)" section of the passport.

Provided he put his middle name into his Kompass account they 100% will not reject him because his signature in his passport doesn't have his middle name in it. Nowhere on the application does it say "Name provided must match the signature on your passport".

Ahhh sorry lads, didn't read it like that. Yea my Passport is signed the same so no worries there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Anyone who gets CAL today... Would you mind keeping us up to date? With WTN and when you paid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

eenm wrote: »
    Anyone who gets CAL today... Would you mind keeping us up to date? With WTN and when you paid?

My money finally left my bank today so I'm hoping I get CAL later! Fingers crossed.

gavdolfini wrote: »

No official announcement yet, but rumour has it the 29th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

Anyone having trouble with uploading documents manage to upload them yet?

guest124 wrote: »
    My money finally left my bank today so I'm hoping I get CAL later! Fingers crossed.

Did you receive the acknowledgement of payment/documents received email before the money left your account?

Did you receive the acknowledgement of payment/documents received email before the money left your account?

Yeah.I paid Friday afternoon and got receipt. Then Friday evening got message from kompass saying payment was successful. Payment and documents were locked.
    My bank balance showed that money was spent but only left this morning.

Yeah.I paid Friday afternoon and got receipt. Then Friday evening got message from kompass saying payment was successful. Payment and documents were locked.
    My bank balance showed that money was spent but only left this morning.

Ok cool, I'd assumed they had actually received the money when they said they'd received it (madness!)

Really hope it goes through ok now-hadn't checked my bank balance and it's the week before payday so hopefully there's enough still in it!!

Ok cool, I'd assumed they had actually received the money when they said they'd received it (madness!)

Really hope it goes through ok now-hadn't checked my bank balance and it's the week before payday so hopefully there's enough still in it!!

I'd say it has been taken just not left bank yet... or something.not sure how it works. Like if balance was €200. After paying €100 it would say €200 balance, €100 available. Maybe it's just Ulster bank being slow to update.

I'd say it has been taken just not left bank yet... or something.not sure how it works. Like if balance was €200. After paying €100 it would say €200 balance, €100 available. Maybe it's just Ulster bank being slow to update.

That was the case with mine, (AIB) but now it's finally gone. Come on CAL ya good lad! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Yes, the details you put into your Kompass at the start of the Application must correspond with your Passport details!
    My details are the same its my signature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

eenm wrote: »
    That was the case with mine, (AIB) but now it's finally gone. Come on CAL ya good lad! :)
    AIB must be really slow, only today mine was taken out :mad:

• Advertisement

Same here Astonaidan... Paid 630am on Friday!

Got this email back from IEC Kompass about not being able to submit my passport and CV

We are actively working on resolving the issue that you are experiencing. Note that you will be informed of any updates and that of your application through the "My Messages" section of your Kompass account. You will not be affected from possible delays resulting from the technical issue.
    Thank for your understanding.

While it's frustrating, apparently it will not affect my chances...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

Anybody going to the canada-specific Working Abroad expo this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

Sloth89 wrote: »
    Anybody going to the canada-specific Working Abroad expo this weekend?

If you're not in IT, Construction or administration, I personally don't see the point.

I'm a designer and there never seems to be much orientated in that regard.

IrishTeddi wrote: »
    If you're not in IT, Construction or administration, I personally don't see the point.

I'm a designer and there never seems to be much orientated in that regard.

Yeah wasn't too sure on it myself... never been to any of them before. Looking for HR-related work so don't know if it would be a waste of time

Will there be IT companies there? or is it simply usit giving a talk?

Skalragg wrote: »
    Will there be IT companies there? or is it simply usit giving a talk?

http://www.workingabroad.net/visit-events/dublin-canada-expo/

Here's a link with a bit more info on it

Sloth89 wrote: »
    http://www.workingabroad.net/visit-events/dublin-canada-expo/

Here's a link with a bit more info on it

Says Recruiters will be there... but doesn't specify... practically all other information I know from previous time in canada.

Just waiting for them to sort technical problems on their site so I can finish section one of the process

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shaken not stirred 007

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/young_professionals-jeunes_professionnels.aspx

anybody knows if you need an university degree to qualify as young professional?
    I have 7 years experience in software development, hold no degree in IT though
    Any idea how this works?

• Advertisement

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/young_professionals-jeunes_professionnels.aspx

anybody knows if you need an university degree to qualify as young professional?
    I have 7 years experience in software development, hold no degree in IT though
    Any idea how this works?

Irish Canadian immigration centre Facebook page said:
    IEC: If you are in a trade and wish to apply under the Young Professionals stream you must have at least FETAC level 6 certification.

Advertisement