Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/young_professionals-jeunes_professionnels.aspx

anybody knows if you need an university degree to qualify as young professional?
    I have 7 years experience in software development, hold no degree in IT though
    Any idea how this works?

Need a minimum fetac level 6 and the job has to relate to the your qualifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I work in admin, is it worth my while going along to the expo this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

I work in admin, is it worth my while going along to the expo this weekend?

If you've never lived in canada before then it may be very useful for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 carroll123

Hey, I have sent the iec about four messages in my messages and havent heard back. I dont seem to be able to submit my forms, i can only save them. Is anyone else still having this problem? Im starting to freak out a bit as the deadline is getting close. On my kompass account it says that my payment is locked but my required documents are still pending. Anyone in the same boat? My wtn is 2084.

carroll123 wrote: »
    Hey, I have sent the iec about four messages in my messages and havent heard back. I dont seem to be able to submit my forms, i can only save them. Is anyone else still having this problem? Im starting to freak out a bit as the deadline is getting close. On my kompass account it says that my payment is locked but my required documents are still pending. Anyone in the same boat? My wtn is 2084.

I have the same issue, I emailed them and got the following message back today
    We are actively working on resolving the issue that you are experiencing. Note that you will be informed of any updates and that of your application through the "My Messages" section of your Kompass account. You will not be affected from possible delays resulting from the technical issue.
    Thank for your understanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

eamohal wrote: »
    It will be ages before I get CAL. My wtn is 2806. People in 500's WTN only getting theirs now. Received receipt of payment and uploaded documents on Sunday 21:00.
    Hey Neighbour, I am 2805.. and I am still waiting. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

So I have a bit of an issue, I was trying to log into my GCKey account today and it told me incorrect password. I went and changed my password and when I was asked for my security questions they told me they were incorrect also. As I have tried to log in so many times they now have gone and denied access to my account for 24 hours. My question is, can I open another account with another user ID??? My date of birth and email etc will be the same, will that affect my second attempt to create an account or should I just wait until tomorrow???

• Registered Users Posts: 7 carroll123

What is your wtn?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 chezwahum

Fo anybody worrying about gettin refused over not putting your name down exactly as it appears on your passport I never put my middle name down and I have been provisionally accepted so I wouldnt worry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Has anyone been rejected yet?

• Advertisement

chezwahum wrote: »
    Fo anybody worrying about gettin refused over not putting your name down exactly as it appears on your passport I never put my middle name down and I have been provisionally accepted so I wouldnt worry about it

Provisionally accepted as in you have your cal ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

stevie1122 wrote: »

Friend of mine got one but he was only going because I was and now doesn't think he will bother does anybody know if he can transfer his place over to me? Or if he gives it up will it just automatically go to someone else?

Anyone that can answer this for me please? Because if it's possible time is running out.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Has anyone been rejected yet?

Someone on moving2Canada Facebook group said she was rejected cause she had already applied twice before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

eamohal wrote: »
    It will be ages before I get CAL. My wtn is 2806. People in 500's WTN only getting theirs now. Received receipt of payment and uploaded documents on Sunday 21:00.

its not being done by wtn. it appears to be just down to luck how quick you get the CAL. Im 122 wtn, paid since 8am friday, still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

stevie1122 wrote: »
    Anyone that can answer this for me please? Because if it's possible time is running out.

I'm almost sure places can't be transferred. Have you checked with Cathy at ICAN?

Provisionally accepted as in you have your cal ?

where do i check that ha ha? I just go an email notification saying i had one from the iec there i logged into Kompass and under my IEC application in sttus it says Final Decision Accepted? Theres an email confirmation with itbut i cant open it on the laptop im on at the mo

guest124 wrote: »
    Someone on moving2Canada Facebook group said she was rejected cause she had already applied twice before.

Yeah but Infairness she just couldn't read . It stated if ya.take part twice before you can't apply again but of you only dis thr year you could . There was English people rejected due to namingn issues . That's all I heard about really tho

its not being done by wtn. it appears to be just down to luck how quick you get the CAL. Im 122 wtn, paid since 8am friday, still waiting.

Seems to be down to when you have paid and your bank. Seen people who are getting CALs today said the money cleared from their bank yesterday.

Yeah but Infairness she just couldn't read . It stated if ya.take part twice before you can't apply again but of you only dis thr year you could . There was English people rejected due to namingn issues . That's all I heard about really tho

Haha yeah I know! But she is the only one i've seen to receive a rejection from Ireland. So far. Hope I'm not here next week telling yas bout my rejection. Nightmare!

This may have been mentioned before, but how many days does payment to IEC take, I paid on friday but it's still ''pending'' according to my bank account

• Advertisement

guest124 wrote: »
    Seems to be down to when you have paid and your bank. Seen people who are getting CALs today said the money cleared from their bank yesterday.

I personally think it's down to whatever agent gets your file I've my Poe since Saturday but the money only showed up cleared yesterday . It seems it's put in a holding accounts. And I think were you are does come into it partially because I haven't seen anyone that wasn't in low numbers get a Poe

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

123DarcySt wrote: »
    So I have a bit of an issue, I was trying to log into my GCKey account today and it told me incorrect password. I went and changed my password and when I was asked for my security questions they told me they were incorrect also. As I have tried to log in so many times they now have gone and denied access to my account for 24 hours. My question is, can I open another account with another user ID??? My date of birth and email etc will be the same, will that affect my second attempt to create an account or should I just wait until tomorrow???

I had the same issue the other day. Turns out that, although the page is identical, it was for another CIC login. Might be the same issue.

Go here and it should work:
    http://kompass-iec-eic.international.gc.ca/iec/landing-accueil

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Skalragg wrote: »
    This may have been mentioned before, but how many days does payment to IEC take, I paid on friday but it's still ''pending'' according to my bank account

Mine was pending since 6:30am Friday til around 9am this morning. I'm AIB if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Did anyone get CAL today?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

Just wondering does anyone on here have to get the medical check for the CIC part?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Agree with this. Im in the 190's and paid since 2am friday. The money cleared instantly from my account (Used creditcard).

Still waiting...

eenm wrote: »

A few on other groups have! Still 2 hours of office time to go :D

eenm wrote: »

If that means conditional acceptance letter then yes i got one

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Foley48 wrote: »
    Agree with this. Im in the 190's and paid since 2am friday. The money cleared instantly from my account (Used creditcard).

Still waiting...

it may be done alphabetically??

• Advertisement

ckgirl wrote: »
    it may be done alphabetically??

I haven't seen anyone over 900wtn get CAL though...

Advertisement