Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

guest124 wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone over 900wtn get CAL though...

Good point....maybe they have them bundled off in groups of 1,000 and are doing it systematically within the groups (like alphabetical or by place of birth or passport number) and when done with the 1st 1,00 they will move on to the next???:confused:

I don't know ............but I do know........ it seems like forever! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

ckgirl wrote: »
    Good point....maybe they have them bundled off in groups of 1,000 and are doing it systematically within the groups (like alphabetical or by place of birth or passport number) and when done with the 1st 1,00 they will move on to the next???:confused:

Pffft.. at this stage, I think they have a HUGE hat in the middle of the office floor, and everyone's applications are thrown into it. Each worker comes and takes one from the hat after they finished the previous one.

THAT might aswell be their system :D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Hopefully they're doing first 1000 first. If I see someone over 1000wtn getting CAL I'm gonna shed a wee frustration tear. I'm terribly impatient haha

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

You's in a hurry to go somewhere? :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 chezwahum

ckgirl wrote: »

im 3142 and got mine today

• Advertisement

chezwahum wrote: »

Frustration tear! Haha. congrats though.

chezwahum wrote: »

bang...there goes that theory! :D

Congrats on getting your letter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 twinkletoes02

Anyone apply through the Young Professionals section? I got my confirmation of payment( which has been taken from my credit card already) and uploaded cv passport page etc. last thursday but nothing since...haven't even started the CIC forms if they require us to do that, anyone else out there in same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 duckgirlie

I'm getting nervous now. They asked me to send more details of my previous participation on Monday and I haven't heard anything about if that was enough or not. And my number was in the 200s

Good few people getting CAL in past 30minutes! (People posting on Facebook groups)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

Can anyone answer these questions:

1. Can I apply for working holiday visas for other countries while this one is in process?

2. If I am successful in getting this working holiday visa for Canada, can I apply for one for another country and work there this year and still keep the Canadian one and go to stay and work in Canada next year instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Good few people getting CAL in past 30minutes! (People posting on Facebook groups)

I was in the 600's paid on the Friday with credit and no word. Hopefully get it in next few minutes, so I can celebrate it on my final night in NYC!

(Im already drinking, anyway) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Just got CAL :)

they must have just approved a load of them at the same time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

they must have just approved a load of them at the same time there.

Or it's a timed automated system they approve aload of and there then released at a certain time .

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pyrosever

I just got my CAL :D

For those taking note of such things, my wtn was 138, I uploaded documents and completed payment on Friday morning, the money was charged to my credit card on Monday. Honestly though, I think it's all semi-random when your application is processed.

Delighted for all who got their letters just now. At least we know things are moving..

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Just got CAL :)

Congrats! Could you fill us in on the WTN and payment times?

eenm wrote: »
    Congrats! Could you fill us in on the WTN and payment times?

WTN 122, docs and payment 8am Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Trying to login to kompass and it's timing out - Getting http error 504 bad gateway.
    Anyone else?

• Advertisement

GrumPy wrote: »
    Trying to login to kompass and it's timing out - Getting http error 504 bad gateway.
    Anyone else?

I think that happened to me before but when I tried again 2minutes later it was okay...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Still nothing for me :( I was 1136, paid on Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

Is anyone editing their digital photo online, if so what site and dimensions are you using??

Lisa1992 wrote: »
    Is anyone editing their digital photo online, if so what site and dimensions are you using??

Using idphoto4you.com
    Using the "single image" option as this is only one that has 600dpi.
    By the sounds of it their not that strict on the photos

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

I just took a pic of my passport pic with my phone and uploaded that, it uploaded successfully.. so hoping it's all good!

Haven't gotten to that stage yet but there's this site http://www.idphoto4you.com
    Also this thread deals with stage 2 discussions -boards.ie/thread/2057169537/4 dont know if that link will work but its called iec 2014 stage 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Raymo1993

What does it mean in process on the iec assessment

Raymo1993 wrote: »
    What does it mean in process on the iec assessment

Processing eligibility assessment = Checking that you qualify for visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

GrumPy wrote: »
    Anyone else?

504 errors are on IEC's server side... hopefully they are fixing the problem where some people, myself included, can not upload documents for stage one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Zola lola

Anyone apply through the Young Professionals section? I got my confirmation of payment( which has been taken from my credit card already) and uploaded cv passport page etc. last thursday but nothing since...haven't even started the CIC forms if they require us to do that, anyone else out there in same boat?

Sorry don't 've d info u need. But 've a question for you... are u already in Canada and do u ve a job offer already?

Advertisement