Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

To anyone who has gotten their POE letter already, how long did it take to process after you completed Stage 2??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 NumptyB

This is a long thread and I'm sure i've read the answer before, but I can't find it again now.
    If you withdraw your application before completion of Stage 2...is it possible to apply again next year or will it be held against you? Presumably it would be ok as your place will just be offered up to those on the waiting list?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Lisa1992 wrote: »
    To anyone who has gotten their POE letter already, how long did it take to process after you completed Stage 2??

4 or 5 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

Sub-100 here and still no CAL. It's the waiting that would drive you up the walls! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

ravingitup wrote: »
    Sub-100 here and still no CAL. It's the waiting that would drive you up the walls! :pac:

same 15 here and still nothing! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 finn001

hey, but is it not 14 days to get CAL or is people getting it faster ?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

hey, but is it not 14 days to get CAL or is people getting it faster ?

Maximum of 14 days I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

4 or 5 hours

Quote: Lisa1992

4 or 5 hours

--

Dunno how to multi quote on my phone :(

So in theory you could head over 4 or 5 hours after everything is in with your CAL in your CIC?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

still heard nothing back on either of ours. in the 1600s and 2300s

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

eenm wrote: »
    Quote: Lisa1992

4 or 5 hours

--

Dunno how to multi quote on my phone :(

So in theory you could head over 4 or 5 hours after everything is in with your CAL in your CIC?

well yup if your processed that fast .pretty much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 SJ02

Hi everyone,

Just wondering I did not pay my iec application fee so I went on to pay it this morning and it says submitted and it is now locked.Has this happened anyone I'm really nervous??I email IEC but I haven't gotten a response and everything is due this Saturday!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 twinkletoes02

Zola lola wrote: »
    Sorry don't 've d info u need. But 've a question for you... are u already in Canada and do u ve a job offer already?

Yeah.. have a job and just took a holiday back home to wait for another visa

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hoppy2014

you have 10 days to pay for it so you`ll be fine. you`ll get a response back fairly quickly enough. just check your account and if the money is taken out of your account. then you`ll be grand

My account hasn't been touched as I didn't even issue my card details.:s

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shaken not stirred 007

Thanks guest124 and goingitalone

I checked fetac web site, but IT is not a trade and I don’t need a fetac certificate
    but I just read this on the canadian immigration web site…

- have received a signed letter of offer or contract of employment in Canada (see Required Documents) that is related to your field of professional expertise (degree and/or work experience) and that supports your career development;

Degree or work experience. This means I am eligible? What do you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Zola lola

Anyone apply through the Young Professionals section? I got my confirmation of payment( which has been taken from my credit card already) and uploaded cv passport page etc. last thursday but nothing since...haven't even started the CIC forms if they require us to do that, anyone else out there in same boat?
    Yeah.. have a job and just took a holiday back home to wait for another visa

Alright...thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Clazicolleen

Wtn 740 paid at 7.30am fri morn, submitted docs straight after. CAL recieved last night at 7.39. Yeeeooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Wtn 740 paid at 7.30am fri morn, submitted docs straight after. CAL recieved last night at 7.39. Yeeeooooo!

Congrats! Although now I see there is no obvious system, earlier WTN and I paid and submitted docs before you did. I wonder how they're doing it? Anyways fingers crossed for today!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

fackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk this waiting game is starting to get annoying , these people are adding years to me !!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

It can take up to 14 days to get the CAL so you's will just have to stick with it like me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

NumptyB wrote: »
    This is a long thread and I'm sure i've read the answer before, but I can't find it again now.
    If you withdraw your application before completion of Stage 2...is it possible to apply again next year or will it be held against you? Presumably it would be ok as your place will just be offered up to those on the waiting list?

Yes you can withdraw now and reapply next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 carroll123

my payment has gone through but i still can't submit my documents. Starting to freak a little now. Anyone else in the same boat?

Guys, whoever has their POE letter, can you please tell me when the latest date on which you will be allowed enter Canada?

I read somewhere that it may have been extended to 2 years from the date you received the POE letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DeclanSharkey

Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread, but is anyone going over to that Working Abroad expo in the RDS this weekend? Does anyone know if there are any IT related jobs there? Any time I read about it, it all seems to be for Engineering, Nurses etc. A mate of mine, who's going to Canada with me, said that he'll stop in and get any info for me.

carroll123 wrote: »
    my payment has gone through but i still can't submit my documents. Starting to freak a little now. Anyone else in the same boat?
    Im the same but my documents have and my payment part is locked!Does your say its submitted????:/

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jj1787

For anyone already in Canada and going for their second IEC what address are you using for your current residential address on the CIC form. The cic faq says to put down Canada if you are in Canada but what date should I put in for the end date - I was thinking the date that my current work permit expires and for start date the date i entered Canada. For previous address I am putting Ireland from my DOB to the date i came to Canada as Ireland is the only other country I lived in. Also when it asks for current status in Canada i entered worker - is this correct? Just want to be sure my answers are ok for immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Anyone with WTN over 1000 got a CAL yet? I know we've been able to establish not pattern to how they're sorting through them yet, but just curious!

Anyone with WTN over 1000 got a CAL yet? I know we've been able to establish not pattern to how they're sorting through them yet, but just curious!

Someone a few pages back got their CAL when their number was in the 3 thousands.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

I don't think we'll ever establish a pattern because there isn't one!

What I'd say they're after doing is splitting the 3850 applications up between however many workers they have, and some of the workers are faster than others so they'll process them all faster!

WTN number and the time you paid have nothing to do with it as I'm number 15

• Advertisement

My wife is a psychiatric nurse. On her "questionnaire" that you fill out just before you open the CIC account it asks if you would like to work in healthcare etc.

If you click yes to this then it says that you need a medical.

My question is if she clicks no then is she forbidden from working in the health industry in Canada?

Advertisement