Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

sjapok wrote: »
    My wife is a psychiatric nurse. On her "questionnaire" that you fill out just before you open the CIC account it asks if you would like to work in healthcare etc.

If you click yes to this then it says that you need a medical.

My question is if she clicks no then is she forbidden from working in the health industry in Canada?

I'm not sure to that specific case but as far as I know if you want to work with kids you need to be vetted before you go and if you don't go through that process (as far as I know) that's tough and you cant work with kids, as it's not part of the terms of your visa. But again, not sure on the specifics of nursing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 chezwahum

Anyone with WTN over 1000 got a CAL yet? I know we've been able to establish not pattern to how they're sorting through them yet, but just curious!

im 3142 got mine yesterday my mate is 3144 and th other 3544 ad they havent heard either id say its completely random ad nothing to worry about havent heard of anyone getting rejected yet

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

sjapok wrote: »
    My wife is a psychiatric nurse. On her "questionnaire" that you fill out just before you open the CIC account it asks if you would like to work in healthcare etc.

If you click yes to this then it says that you need a medical.

My question is if she clicks no then is she forbidden from working in the health industry in Canada?

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx

Read the FAQ, it's covered in point 4 under "Ireland FAQ on Work and Study".

4. What kinds of jobs may I hold with the work permit issued under IEC? Are there restrictions on the duration of the employment contracts, the language of the workplace, the location or the number of employers I may have?

The IEC initiative has three categories: Working Holiday, Young Professionals and International Coop (Internship). The work permit issued under the Working Holiday category is valid for any type of job. There are no restrictions on the duration of the contract, the language or the location. Nor are there any restrictions on the total number of employers for whom you can work within the 24 month period. Note that if you wish to work in certain fields- clinical laboratory workers, patient attendants in nursing and geriatric homes, teachers of primary or secondary schools or other teachers of small children, domestic work, workers who give in-home care to children/elderly/disabled persons, or day nursery workers- you will be required to have a medical examination and submit a medical report to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) as part of your application. You will be contacted by CIC when they are reviewing your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 raregroove

Did anyone NOT recieve an email notification when they received their CAL? I'm sick of checking my Kompass account and would rather wait for the email

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

raregroove wrote: »
    Did anyone NOT recieve an email notification when they received their CAL? I'm sick of checking my Kompass account and would rather wait for the email

i never got an email but most people have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 EddieMurphy

I apologize If this has been asked a billion times before, but do you have 90 days to get your police certs in from when you have been allocated a place???

I have to get certs from Ireland, New Zealand and Canada.

Thank you all!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

I apologize If this has been asked a billion times before, but do you have 90 days to get your police certs in from when you have been allocated a place???

I have to get certs from Ireland, New Zealand and Canada.

Thank you all!!!!!

Yes, your conditional acceptance letter is valid for 90 days

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EddieMurphy

Sloth89 wrote: »
    Yes, your conditional acceptance letter is valid for 90 days

Thank you, and do the police certs have to have been issued within a certain time period of you being given the place? In other words, If I got the certs back in December/January, do I have to update them?

Thank you, and do the police certs have to have been issued within a certain time period of you being given the place? In other words, If I got the certs back in December/January, do I have to update them?

They have to be in date by three months. I have a US criminal check dated January so hoping to have my CAL and stage two submitted by the time it expires at the start of April but my police check from home is dated December so I applied for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

My US one is out of date on the 30th so need my CAL asap haha. So long as the certs are in date when they are uploaded and submitted to your MyCIC account they are fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Submitted docs on Friday morning around 10am and got CAL last night around 8pm.

Have submitted CIC form there, one thing that struck me as strange was there was no point that the Stage 1 linked up with the Stage 2? How do they work that?
    As in confirm that you got through bar the CAL. Or is it just the CAL they use as verification?

Given you only have the CAL when you are successfully through Stage 1, I would guess thats what they use as verification?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

ustari wrote: »
    Submitted docs on Friday morning around 10am and got CAL last night around 8pm.

Have submitted CIC form there, one thing that struck me as strange was there was no point that the Stage 1 linked up with the Stage 2? How do they work that?
    As in confirm that you got through bar the CAL. Or is it just the CAL they use as verification?

You can only get a CAL if you get through the first phase, that's all they need

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Foley48 wrote: »
    Given you only have the CAL when you are successfully through Stage 1, I would guess that is what they use as verification?

Suppose, just presumed there would be more to it than that. Also struck me as strange having to create a new log in for the CIC part. Presumed it would be integrated together with your Kompass log in.

Anyway, glad it is out of the way. It looks like a lot of people will get their CAL this evening.

ustari wrote: »
    It looks like a lot of people will get their CAL this evening.

Hopefully! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

Anybody get their CAL today? Anybody see anyone on the Facebook page getting one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shaken not stirred 007

Zola lola wrote: »
    Alright...thanks for the reply.

do you have an university degree or just work experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bilbop

Hi does anyone know yet when Round 2 will open? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

bilbop wrote: »

Rumours it will be 29th of March but no definite date has been set.

Keep an eye on the IEC homepage as it will be announced there 24-72 hours before it opens

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

rumor has it the 29th of March, but nothing confirmed yet though. IEC will give notice on the website before its open.

• Advertisement

Thanks John, hopefully. Worried about my Garda cert running out of tie as I got it late December. You think thats still valid?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Detour

Anyone have a link for where you went for US Police Certs. Did it take long?

Cheers

Detour wrote: »

Cheers

https://forms.fbi.gov/criminal-history-summary-checks-review/q384893984839334.pdf

Link for FBI check, think it took about 6 weeks for mine to come. Have to submit fingerprints with it too which is a real pain in the arse (and not too cheap!)

Does anyone know how long the Garda Certificates are valid for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Does anyone know how long the Garda Certificates are valid for?

Up to 6 months at the time of your application

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

It's 3 months I'm almost 100%. For example I originally got my police cert on December 9th but needed to reapply for one a week or 2 ago because 3 months had expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

It's 3 months, not 6 unfortunately. Mine is about 2 run out, gonna need to get another

Hmmm, thats annoying :/ mine is 8 of Jan.

Detour wrote: »

Cheers

Mine took 2 months to the day but christmas was in the middle of those 2 months.

Also all the police certs are only valid for 3 months, not 6!

• Advertisement

Hmmm, thats annoying :/ mine is 8 of Jan.

Then you have until 8th April. Should be grand if you got a place in the first round

Advertisement