Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bilbop

I didn't that's the thing :/ I should prob apply for a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Anyone get their CAL today? Hopefully there'll be a batch out again at 8ish like last night!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 leechris007

im 3583 ,lucky boi

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

This time 7 days ago we were all frantic....

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

ckgirl wrote: »

Feels like a year ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

ckgirl wrote: »

The process is so imbalanced, isn't it?

A crazy rush , a matter of minutes to get your WTN, then everything slows down into weeks and months.

I've a feeling that years to come, they'll better organize the stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

IrishTeddi wrote: »
    The process is so imbalanced, isn't it?

A crazy rush , a matter of minutes to get your WTN, then everything slows down into weeks and months.

I've a feeling that years to come, they'll better organize the stages.

Especially seeing how un-labour intensive this stage is.

Like all they have to check this round is that our details match our passport and that we haven't already been on two IEC visas before. That seems to me like a 10/20 minute job per application. Don't know what their delay is at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Neelie8414

I just got my CAL number 625!!!!

Neelie8414 wrote: »
    I just got my CAL number 625!!!!

literally just now? what time was the email sent?

john_jobin wrote: »

It was emailed at 4.02pm Canadian Time

• Advertisement

Neelie8414 wrote: »
    It was emailed at 4.02pm Canadian Time

Hopefully they'll send one my way tonight so :pac:

Brian-Fantana.jpg

KOMPASS WATCH! The mood is tense.

Hopefully they'll send one my way tonight so :pac:

Fingers crossed! It was a very long wait! I was beginning to fret!

guest124 wrote: »
    Brian-Fantana.jpg

KOMPASS WATCH! The mood is tense.

All because of that one person who got their CAL but didn't get an email to their personal email! Keep signing in and out! haha

All because of that one person who got their CAL but didn't get an email to their personal email! Keep signing in and out! haha

Exactly! Haha ah I was so sure I was gonna get it today. Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 raregroove

guest124 wrote: »
    Exactly! Haha ah I was so sure I was gonna get it today. Balls.

I don't even believe that the "one person" didn't receive an email but I can't help checking every 5 mins!

I got an email to my personal account but mind you I was logging in and out all evening :)

Mind you I can't really complain as the last time I applied for one of these, back in 2012, It took 2 weeks for the request for documents and payment, then another 2/3 weeks for the receipt of payment then literally about a month for conditional acceptance then finally my POE or LOI as they were called back then arrived the day before I was due to leave! Applied late January and didn't get the POE till mid may! Most stressful few months of my life!

This year though they really do seem to be on top of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Karlos_Macca

Are our home addresses a big deal?

The reason I ask is that I have just moved house, so the addresses on my Police certs have my old address.

Also, just had a look through the CIC application form. The question that asks where I have lived for the previous 6 month....does it matter if it wasnt in Ireland? Ive had a job overseas for the past couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Theasal1234

Excuse me if this has been asked before, but haven't seen it being discussed in the previous 50 pages! A question for people who have previously participated in IEC and have got a working holiday visa from the quota last week!

For question 2(b) on the IMM1295 form - Have you ever been refused any type of visa? What would people suggest to put down? I applied for an open work permit but was refused and had to go on visitor status.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Excuse me if this has been asked before, but haven't seen it being discussed in the previous 50 pages! A question for people who have previously participated in IEC and have got a working holiday visa from the quota last week!

For question 2(b) on the IMM1295 form - Have you ever been refused any type of visa? What would people suggest to put down? I applied for an open work permit but was refused and had to go on visitor status.

That's a good one and I couldn't even guess .say it depends on why you were refused

• Registered Users Posts: 26 duckgirlie

Are our home addresses a big deal?

The reason I ask is that I have just moved house, so the addresses on my Police certs have my old address.

Also, just had a look through the CIC application form. The question that asks where I have lived for the previous 6 month....does it matter if it wasnt in Ireland? Ive had a job overseas for the past couple of years.

My Garda cert has my address listed as my current address, and they might want those to match up with the address you provide on your other documents? But if you apply for a Garda cert in person it only takes about three or four days for it to arrive, so there's no harm in reapplying? And you need a cert for everywhere you've lived for more then six months, including outside Ireland

I have to get a Canadian police cert as well from the last time I did IEC, and it's costing about 170e to get it done, so thank god the Garda certs are so quick and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

So anyone who was having issues uploading passport/cv able to do it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I uploaded my Passport and CV to the CIC about an hour ago. Worked fine!

duckgirlie wrote: »
    My Garda cert has my address listed as my current address, and they might want those to match up with the address you provide on your other documents? But if you apply for a Garda cert in person it only takes about three or four days for it to arrive, so there's no harm in reapplying? And you need a cert for everywhere you've lived for more then six months, including outside Ireland

I have to get a Canadian police cert as well from the last time I did IEC, and it's costing about 170e to get it done, so thank god the Garda certs are so quick and cheap.
    Free is pretty cheap lol

• Registered Users Posts: 26 duckgirlie

well it's the price of a stamp, but I'll take it

EI-DOR wrote: »
    I uploaded my Passport and CV to the CIC about an hour ago. Worked fine!

What format file did you have, and what browser did you use.

thanks

Skalragg wrote: »
    What format file did you have, and what browser did you use.

thanks

Any the file formatss should be fine .pdf is about the best to use so the file can't be modified as easy so info can't be changed . Browser and files shouldn't be an issue as it what m it could be there system still being faulty

Any the file formatss should be fine .pdf is about the best to use so the file can't be modified as easy so info can't be changed . Browser and ghettos shouldn't be an issue as it what m it could be there system still being faulty

System is still faulty for me then :/

Not good as it needs to be submitted by saturday

• Advertisement

Skalragg wrote: »
    System is still faulty for me then :/

Not good as it needs to be submitted by saturday

You don't seem to be the only one though so aslong as you've messaged them explaining the problem you should be alright! Still a nightmare for you though.

Advertisement