Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Still nothing here myself. Number 830 paid Friday around 1pm GMT and got notice of payment message at about 5.30pm on Friday evening. No emails or messages since. Guess my agent could be just slow? Missus has nothing either and she paid before me but is up there in the 3600 range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I just made my payment but remember reading some time back about having to take a screenshot to prove payment - I haven't been asked for proof and got a transaction was processed successfully page. Anyone know if proof of payment is still required?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

gg2 wrote: »
    I just made my payment but remember reading some time back about having to take a screenshot to prove payment - I haven't been asked for proof and got a transaction was processed successfully page. Anyone know if proof of payment is still required?

It's only required if you were asked. If you're not asked, you don't need it.

Don't get worried over something you've heard someone say. Ignore any and all rumours as they're often pieces of information misconstruded by someone crossing wires etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jaykace

No proof required only the proof theres 98 quid gone from ur account....u receive an email in kompass account to say your payment and documents were received

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pyrosever

Trying to upload documents to CIC:
    "Our Online Services Are Currently Down"
    Sorry guys, I think I broke it.

• Advertisement

IrishTeddi wrote: »
    It's only required if you were asked. If you're not asked, you don't need it.

Don't get worried over something you've heard someone say. Ignore any and all rumours as they're often pieces of information misconstruded by someone crossing wires etc.
    jaykace wrote: »
    No proof required only the proof theres 98 quid gone from ur account....u receive an email in kompass account to say your payment and documents were received

Super guys thanks! I have the screenshot anyway just incase, haven't been on this thread since last week so wasn't sure:)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

Hi folks quick question, I submitted my Stage 2 to CIC yesterday and I received confirmation of submission yesterday. I've just received an email saying that my application has been updated but when I go into my application there are no changes or new messages....

Is there somewhere else I should be checking for updates??

Also to anyone who has their POE did you receive many updates before receiving the letter???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Well now I am worried as I was just about to complete stage 2 :p

Two stupid questions...

1. Is a photo of your full ID passport pages acceptable, rather tan a scan? Its wit a Samsung Note 3 so the quality is really good, worked fine for my Aussie Police Clearance.

2. Does the CV need to also be in PDF/BMP/etc format or is a word file acceptable? EDIT: If no this could be useful for some... http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Lisa1992 wrote: »
    Hi folks quick question, I submitted my Stage 2 to CIC yesterday and I received confirmation of submission yesterday. I've just received an email saying that my application has been updated but when I go into my application there are no changes or new messages....

Is there somewhere else I should be checking for updates??

Also to anyone who has their POE did you receive many updates before receiving the letter???

Just 2 submission and the the acceptance Poe letter. Its probably just a delay on there system and is the message for receipt t of submission on There site

Just 2 submission and the the acceptance Poe letter. Its probably just a delay on there system and is the message for receipt t of submission on There site

I already got the receipt of submission yesterday, I only just received an email saying

"Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information." but when I go on I don't see any difference or new messages.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    Well now I am worried as I was just about to complete stage 2 :p

Two stupid questions...

1. Is a photo of your full ID passport pages acceptable, rather tan a scan? Its wit a Samsung Note 3 so the quality is really good, worked fine for my Aussie Police Clearance.

2. Does the CV need to also be in PDF/BMP/etc format or is a word file acceptable? EDIT: If no this could be useful for some... http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

Yup a photo of the I'd page is fine but for this stage if you have any stamped pages is your passport need to be with the I'd page and Pretty sure a .doc file was fine

Right this is going to sound like a stupid question but I read quite a few pages and everyone seems to know what they're talking about, bar me :)
    As I mentioned in this thread, I got my stage one application through last week, but not the OH's, we are now exploring our options in the event of him not getting through in round 2.
    So I just made payment and uploaded my documents, as far as I am aware I now just have to wait for approval and will be prompted to start stage 2 - CIC. From what I can make out, this isn't a first come first served basis - am I correct? If this is the case I plan to wait a few weeks to begin the process in the event that himself doesn't get round 2 and applies next year, so the longer I can hold off the better. From what I gather on this thread, this isn't a problem.
    Also, I hold my hands up here I had myself pretty well educated on stage one, but now I'm slightly lost having never applied for anything like this or having any friends who have either that I could ask. When do you actually know that you have been successful in obtaining a visa? Is it after after the CIC stage?

I already got the receipt of submission yesterday, I only just received an email saying

"Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information." but when I go on I don't see any difference or new messages.

did you get a email when you got the recipt of submission?

did you get a email when you got the recipt of submission?

yeah straight away, on the application status chart its says mine is open (which id did last night) for the final decision part it says not started but when i click into it it says a final decision has been reached and if approved i will receive a letter but i don't even know if that was already there.

yeah straight away, on the application status chart its says mine is open (which id did last night) for the final decision part it says not started but when i click into it it says a final decision has been reached and if approved i will receive a letter but i don't even know if that was already there.

did you get a email to your actual email account not there messaging system ?

did you get a email to your actual email account not there messaging system ?

yeah just received an email to my hotmail about an hour ago.

and as soon as i submitted yesterday i got the confirmation email and the message in my CIC account.
    im after logging in and out a few times but still nada!!

yeah just received an email to my hotmail about an hour ago.

and as soon as i submitted yesterday i got the confirmation email and the message in my CIC account.
    im after logging in and out a few times but still nada!!

weird sounded like it was just a delayed message but i dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Right this is going to sound like a stupid question but I read quite a few pages and everyone seems to know what they're talking about, bar me :)
    As I mentioned in this thread, I got my stage one application through last week, but not the OH's, we are now exploring our options in the event of him not getting through in round 2.
    So I just made payment and uploaded my documents, as far as I am aware I now just have to wait for approval and will be prompted to start stage 2 - CIC. From what I can make out, this isn't a first come first served basis - am I correct? If this is the case I plan to wait a few weeks to begin the process in the event that himself doesn't get round 2 and applies next year, so the longer I can hold off the better. From what I gather on this thread, this isn't a problem.
    Also, I hold my hands up here I had myself pretty well educated on stage one, but now I'm slightly lost having never applied for anything like this or having any friends who have either that I could ask. When do you actually know that you have been successful in obtaining a visa? Is it after after the CIC stage?

Your CAL is valid for 90 days so you can hold off submitting mycic for awhile! You can also withdraw application after submitting it, but before POE given, as shown in image.
    2014-online-application-process_applicants_EN.jpg

weird sounded like it was just a delayed message but i dunno

i know yeah, its wrecking my brain.
    After you submitted your CIC application and before you got your POE did you receive any status updates?

After you submitted your CIC application and before you got your POE did you receive any status updates?

nope just the receipt and then the poe
    still says Application Status is open too . yeah i dunno . i sure it be grand tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Saw that it happened to a few UK applicants. They ignored it and later (hours/days) got Poe message. So its nothing to worry about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SJ02

Can anyone not read the contents of their receipt from IEC????

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

Actually, I just thought of something, wasn't there somewhere for us to do a digital signature when we uploaded our documents? I remember trying to sign it, wouldn't work, and as far as I could remember other people said they didn't sign it, so I just went ahead and uploaded documents and paid without signing.

But now I'm looking at the stage 2 part and people are on about digital signature again, should I have signed in the section in stage 1? Anyone else not sign it?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Have the majority now started to recieve their CAL or is there still loads that have paid and still "In Progress" and have not had anyhting back yet? Seems over the last 2 days loads more have recieved their CAL. I would have expected to get mine this week given some got theirs last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jaybommber

right so applied and got 426,
    sat. got e mail for details and bank payment
    mon. got CAL
    tues. set up cic (painful) just a side note dont print off docs and sign them,scan them,send them...it stops you in your tracks.. just the family one i print and signed.. not to confident about the pic part.. had a photo left over from passport and just scanned and sent that.. OK Yes or No???
    got conformation that the cic part was on its way and that was a huge relief.. now its a waiting game..
    I remember back in November the other half was in a panic for the police cert and 4 months later it opened and now I can relax.. Hopefully
    Hope this help with peoples timelines..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

jaybommber wrote: »
    right so applied and got 426,
    sat. got e mail for details and bank payment
    mon. got CAL
    tues. set up cic (painful) just a side note dont print off docs and sign them,scan them,send them...it stops you in your tracks.. just the family one i print and signed.. not to confident about the pic part.. had a photo left over from passport and just scanned and sent that.. OK Yes or No???
    got conformation that the cic part was on its way and that was a huge relief.. now its a waiting game..
    I remember back in November the other half was in a panic for the police cert and 4 months later it opened and now I can relax.. Hopefully
    Hope this help with peoples timelines..

Apparantly you don't sign the family form either. Don't sign any. Just use digital signature when submitting the application

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jaybommber

I just signed them to be on the safe side but with the family doc when i signed it and scaned and sent it.. it uploaded no worries.. but with the work permit it would not let me upload it?
    I got the one year visa and this is my second time through this process so i just said sign whatever I can...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

MarkJD wrote: »
    Have the majority now started to recieve their CAL or is there still loads that have paid and still "In Progress" and have not had anyhting back yet? Seems over the last 2 days loads more have recieved their CAL. I would have expected to get mine this week given some got theirs last Friday.

Mine is still "In Progress"-I'll be an addled mess if this gets dragged on until next Friday (14 days after I paid/submitted).

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

Can anyone answer these questions:

1. Can I apply for working holiday visas for other countries while this one is in process?

2. If I am successful in getting this working holiday visa for Canada, can I apply for one for another country and work there this year and still keep the Canadian one and go to stay and work in Canada next year instead?

3. How do I get a police cert? How long does it take for it to arrive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Mine is still "In Progress"-I'll be an addled mess if this gets dragged on until next Friday (14 days after I paid/submitted).

Same boat myself.

Advertisement