Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 djc123abc

Got my CAL today.
    Hoping someone can help me out with the CIC application.
    1) The checklist wants me to fill out the Family Information Form (IMM5707), but there is no room in that form to enter sibling information. Do I instead fill out the IMM5645 form that has space for siblings? or will my application be rejected should I not fill out IMM5707?

2) In the Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) there is not enough space to enter all of my employment history from the past 10 years, do I need to enter all of it on this form? because at the top of the application it says "If you need more space for any section, print out an additional page containing the appropriate section, complete and submit it with your application". Is there a way to do this in Adobe Reader?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

djc123abc wrote: »
    Got my CAL today.
    Hoping someone can help me out with the CIC application.
    1) The checklist wants me to fill out the Family Information Form (IMM5707), but there is no room in that form to enter sibling information. Do I instead fill out the IMM5645 form that has space for siblings? or will my application be rejected should I not fill out IMM5707?

2) In the Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) there is not enough space to enter all of my employment history from the past 10 years, do I need to enter all of it on this form? because at the top of the application it says "If you need more space for any section, print out an additional page containing the appropriate section, complete and submit it with your application". Is there a way to do this in Adobe Reader?

What time did you get your CAL at?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

jaybommber wrote: »
    I just signed them to be on the safe side but with the family doc when i signed it and scaned and sent it.. it uploaded no worries.. but with the work permit it would not let me upload it?
    I got the one year visa and this is my second time through this process so i just said sign whatever I can...

Yeah you physically sign nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rambo85

Is there another payment to be made for your work permit?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

Hey I am just wondering if there is anyone out there that created a second MyCIC account?? I forgot my password and when it brought me to my security questions they kept telling me that my answers were wrong. Now I cannot create new questions because I forgot my password and I cannot create a new password because my questions are wrong. The Number on their site is not in service and when I emailed them through my Kompass account they did not get back to me. Should I just start a new account and leave the other one??? Can I do this??

• Advertisement

rambo85 wrote: »
    Is there another payment to be made for your work permit?

Nope you already paid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Anyone know how to get a New Zealand police cert. I've checked on Google but can't find a whole lot. I was there for about 6 months 10 years ago. Could I get away without getting one? Or would they know I was there and think I'm dodgy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

radiata wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get a New Zealand police cert. I've checked on Google but can't find a whole lot. I was there for about 6 months 10 years ago. Could I get away without getting one? Or would they know I was there and think I'm dodgy

Unless your pass port has a nz stamp on it I wouldn't be getting a police cert at this stage in the process. Could take months to arrive

Does everyone who has previously done an IEC visa need to have a Canadian police cert? I used my first IEC visa basically like a J1. Was only over there from May-September summer 2012. Do I need to get a canadian police cert or am I ok?

john_jobin wrote: »
    Does everyone who has previously done an IEC visa need to have a Canadian police cert? I used my first IEC visa basically like a J1. Was only over there from May-September summer 2012. Do I need to get a canadian police cert or am I ok?

Thought you didnt need one Cause they could check that there side . Could be wrong tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Unless your pass port has a nz stamp on it I wouldn't be getting a police cert at this stage in the process. Could take months to arrive

No stamp on it. Its a new passport. Think ill chance going without one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Unless you lived there longer than six months previously you don't need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 djc123abc

What time did you get your CAL at?
    11:30

• Registered Users Posts: 33 southstand

I will have to get an australian police cert, sending it off tonight, anyone have any experience of how long it will posibly take? It says 15 days on the website, surely it will come within 3 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

Just realised that I may have a problem with my application. The name on my Passport/drivers license/credit/debit cards/student records etc. is Billy, but the name on my birth cert is William. The Garda form for the police cert requires me to use by birth cert name. Anyone else ever had this issue? I've never had an issue with thi for any other visas i've had. Do ye think it would be an issue if the name Billy is on my passport and application and William on the police cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 eamohal

I got my Australian police check back less than a week after sending.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

southstand wrote: »
    I will have to get an australian police cert, sending it off tonight, anyone have any experience of how long it will posibly take? It says 15 days on the website, surely it will come within 3 months?

Mine took about 10 days from Oz to Ireland, good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

For those keeping an eye on such things.. I was 1870 and paid 8.30am last Friday. Jusr got my CAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 southstand

10 days is quick in fairness, cheers for the info silvio

• Registered Users Posts: 26 duckgirlie

Thought you didnt need one Cause they could check that there side . Could be wrong tho

Just to say - I contacted both USIT and IEC about if a Canadian one would be required. USIT said they had no confirmation one way or another but IEC was saying you needed one for everywhere you'd lived six months or more. IEC said the same, so I applied for one just to be safe.

It's about 170e all in to get one, but I'd rather have it and not need it even so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 duckgirlie

billyduk wrote: »
    Just realised that I may have a problem with my application. The name on my Passport/drivers license/credit/debit cards/student records etc. is Billy, but the name on my birth cert is William. The Garda form for the police cert requires me to use by birth cert name. Anyone else ever had this issue? I've never had an issue with thi for any other visas i've had. Do ye think it would be an issue if the name Billy is on my passport and application and William on the police cert?

There's a section for the IEC application asking if you've ever used a different name, which you should have filled out when you applied? There's also a section on the CIC application for an additional letter, so you could probably put that you've used both names in there? If it's an obvious nickname they may not mind, but just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

duckgirlie wrote: »
    There's a section for the IEC application asking if you've ever used a different name, which you should have filled out when you applied? There's also a section on the CIC application for an additional letter, so you could probably put that you've used both names in there? If it's an obvious nickname they may not mind, but just to be safe.

Thanks! I must have missed the other name thing! I'll send them a mail and ask them what the appropriate thing to do is

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Silvio67 wrote: »
    For those keeping an eye on such things.. I was 1870 and paid 8.30am last Friday. Jusr got my CAL.

I am 1064, paid between 08:30 and 09:00 Fri morning and got notice that payment and documents were received at about 20:00 Sat evening..... Sitting on "in progress" since then, no change.....

Also just for those who are keeping an eye on this.

Can't believe it's only been a week since I paid and uploaded the documents. Feel like about 2 months. Where are you CAL? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Its not going by your WTN. Or by order of payment it seems! I think some people that paid Monday have already gotten theirs. People paying today might get CAL before us, ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

I don't think it's order of payment either though. Unless it's order it left your account. People who paid after me have gotten their CAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

eenm wrote: »
    I don't think it's order of payment either though. Unless it's order it left your account. People who paid after me have gotten their CAL.

Maybe. Left mine Wednesday morning just. You?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

I've still no luck uploading my passport / CV I wish they would fix the bug already

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Left my AIB account on Tuesday .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

guest124 wrote: »
    Maybe. Left mine Wednesday morning just. You?

Tuesday morning. Remind Me, have you got yours?

Advertisement