Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

eenm wrote: »
    Tuesday morning. Remind Me, have you got yours?

Nope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

My boyfriend is number 1691 and got his CAL earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 eamohal

I reckon they maybe pick in order of surname alphabetically of course after payment and documents have been uploaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

eamohal wrote: »
    I reckon they maybe pick in order of surname alphabetically of course after payment and documents have been uploaded.

Although a surname of L I know got cal on Monday afternoon, I'm M and nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

Although a surname of L I know got cal on Monday afternoon, I'm M and nothing for me.

Defo not done by surname i got my CAL on monday and my surname begins with W!!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 pyrosever

Skalragg wrote: »
    I've still no luck uploading my passport / CV I wish they would fix the bug already

I had problems uploading documents to CIC too, it wouldn't work at all for me yesterday. I finally got everything uploaded this morning, although it still failed uploads and kicked me out a few times, so it took a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

and I'm T and i had WTN 15 so maybe it would make sense that they're going alphebetically. Although I'm sure someone with a surname beginning with Z will debunk this shortly like all the other patterns :P:pac:

Defo not done by surname i got my CAL on monday and my surname begins with W!!.

Ah and there we have it :P:P

There goes that theory I'm H. So it must certainly be the gigantic hat in the middle of office with peoples WTN.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

I think it may be order of time documents were uploaded but also alphabetically in order of payment but also in order of what colour jumper you were wearing when you made payment and also your first pets name......

• Advertisement

Ha Ha and what colour of hair you have. Wish I had patience starting to get a bit obsessive checking my Kompass account.

pyrosever wrote: »
    I had problems uploading documents to CIC too, it wouldn't work at all for me yesterday. I finally got everything uploaded this morning, although it still failed uploads and kicked me out a few times, so it took a while.

Skalragg is having problem uploading on kompass though.

Ye me too..... Don't even know why I check so often, it's not like if it came today I would be leaving tomorrow , I think it would just put your mind at ease knowing it's one less thing to worry about and ye can start planning your next step , it really does all hang on this being accepted weather we can go or not.....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hoppy2014

paid on the 16th, wtn 2807 and still feck all. are the times they give them out random too. i guess??

hoppy2014 wrote: »
    paid on the 16th, wtn 2807 and still feck all

A lot of us here have been waiting a week! Paid 14th. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hoppy2014

it was odd i got the receipt of payment on a sunday though. although i guess that`s down to being automated.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

Is there any way to alter your application? I dismissed the 'alias/nickname' section of the original because I have always been called Billy (its the name on my passport/drivers license/all registered bills etc.), yet my birth name is William. I never even thought of my name as a nickname, but legally it probably is. I have to apply for the police cert under my birth name which, I would imagine, would cause my application to be void. Any help on this would be appreciated.

billyduk wrote: »
    Is there any way to alter your application? I dismissed the 'alias/nickname' section of the original because I have always been called Billy (its the name on my passport/drivers license/all registered bills etc.), yet my birth name is William. I never even thought of my name as a nickname, but legally it probably is. I have to apply for the police cert under my birth name which, I would imagine, would cause my application to be void. Any help on this would be appreciated.

It might be okay.... I don't think theyre strict with certs.like they don't mind middle names being included or excluded from certs. But I haven't heard from anyone about first names.I think the name matters for application and passport for the airport security,ya know? I would just message kompass and see what they think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aid00

Me and my partner received our CAL's today. For people keeping track we have WTN's in 1500's and 1700's. Paid the fees and uploaded the documents on Friday morning around 8am and 9am and received the notification of submission on sunday at 1.30pm. We received our CAL's today around 1.30pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

There is no way to alter your IEC application.

Apply for it as Billy? I didnt need my birthcert for the police cert. I jsut used my passport as proof of ID and given your name is Billy on the passport you shouldnt have any issues? If they are insistant on having your birth cert then explain ur situation that you need it as Billy and they will probably be fine with putting "Billy" on the cert anyway?

Hope this helps

Phoenix wrote: »
    Just recieved my conditional acceptance letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Phoenix! Relief at last! Hopefully they'll release another batch around 8pm like the last few days. Really don't want to wait the entire weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

Foley48 wrote: »
    There is no way to alter your IEC application.

Apply for it as Billy? I didnt need my birthcert for the police cert. I jsut used my passport as proof of ID and given your name is Billy on the passport you shouldnt have any issues? If they are insistant on having your birth cert then explain ur situation that you need it as Billy and they will probably be fine with putting "Billy" on the cert anyway?

Hope this helps

Ya its just the Garda form says "name as it appears on your birth cert" and then at the end it asks me to sign stating "I confirm that the name provided is as it appears on my birth cert"... Just want to get it sorted before round two opens as I can withdraw my original and re-apply, although this is a risk I don't want to take unless absolutely necessary.

Ya its just the Garda form says "name as it appears on your birth cert" and then at the end it asks me to sign stating "I confirm that the name provided is as it appears on my birth cert"... Just want to get it sorted before round two opens as I can withdraw my original and re-apply, although this is a risk I don't want to take unless absolutely necessary.

Maybe ask Cathy at ICAN? http://www.irishcanadianimmigrationcentre.org

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pad92

Is it mandatory to have health insurance if you are entering Canada as a visitor does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Before considering withdrawing or anything I would still suggest talking to the guards and explaining the situation, I'm sure they'd would be understanding. Worth a shot anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dribbles22

Skalragg,

I still can't upload my documents to Kompass either. The deadline is tomorrow too! I think its out of our hands at this point and we just have to hope the replies we got saying they are working on it it will not affect our application are sincere. So so frustrating

Feel a bit s.hitty for those guys who can't upload their docs , but once you have your WTN and they have a record of your mail about the problem I'm sure there won't be any issue but a bit of a delay... The way things are going you's may even get your CAL's before the rest of us.....

Hope you's get sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dribbles22

Thanks gccrowley1, no choice but to hope you're right!

• Advertisement

JUST GOT MY CAL!!!! So relieved

Advertisement