Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jaykace

john_jobin wrote: »
    JUST GOT MY CAL!!!! So relieved

Well done still waiting I'm 3838

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

JUST GOT MY CAL!!!! So relieved

Congrats......! Did you get email...?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

I was number 15 so I was long overdue mine :pac:

Yep got an email to my personal account at 7:20 PM

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

I was number 15 so I was long overdue mine :pac:

Yep got an email to my personal account at 7:20 PM

S.hit you were really well overdue yours..... 15, I've only another 1050ish to wait...... Hopefully tonight sometime!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 danii1990

For those of you that are keeping track:
    WTN:1519
    Paid and uploaded docs last friday morning at 8.30am
    Got confirmation of payment sunday evening
    Got my CAL today at 1pm

Just wondering how people are going about signing the two forms at the CIC stage?
    From what i have read, we should not print them off, sign them and scan them back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Doesn't look like I will be getting it today.

[.......]

Is it Monday yet!? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

danii1990 wrote: »
    Got my CAL today at 1pm

Just wondering how people are going about signing the two forms at the CIC stage?
    From what i have read, we should not print them off, sign them and scan them back in.

yeah no printing or physically signing of them at all .

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hoppy2014

what time do the iec offices close in canada i wonder??? what wtn are you guest124??

guest124 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like I will be getting it today.

[.......]

Is it Monday yet!? :(

they process over the weekend so ya know might not be as long a wait as ya think .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

danii1990 wrote: »
    Got my CAL today at 1pm

No, don't print and sign any of the docs

• Advertisement

hoppy2014 wrote: »
    what time do the iec offices close in canada i wonder??? what wtn are you guest124??

5 o clock i reckon.
    they process over the weekend so ya know might not be as long a wait as ya think .

Oh do they!? Be sweet to get word tomorrow.

guest124 wrote: »
    5 o clock i reckon.

Oh do they!? Be sweet to get word tomorrow.

yeah i got my poe etc on a saturday so seems they do

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

I got my CAL. It's about time! :)

yeah i got my poe etc on a saturday so seems they do

The kompass and Cic offices are probably different though? Fingers crossed I hear something soon anyway (something good haha). Still can't believe you got your POE so quickly. You got to dodge the waiting games :p

• Registered Users Posts: 36 eamohal

So now you have your POE you could go to Canada tomorrow if you liked??

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duffman44

eamohal wrote: »
    So now you have your POE you could go to Canada tomorrow if you liked??
    Yes that's all you need

• Registered Users Posts: 17 miak

Anyone else still waiting, just thought I'd put this out there.. I submitted both my boyfriends and my own documents and made payment last Friday at around 9pm. Payment was taken Saturday morning from mastercard. He got his CAL today at around 1 o clock, number around 1060, I'm still waiting on mine, number in the 1600s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

IrishTeddi wrote: »
    I got my CAL. It's about time! :)

What time?
    Still waiting myself, number in 600's. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

I'm still waiting too, in the 190's and paid 2am last friday with payment taken shortly after. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lawra90

Yay,, finally got my CAL today!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Lawra90 wrote: »
    Yay,, finally got my CAL today!!!! :D

:pac:
    At what time?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lawra90

GrumPy wrote: »
    :pac:
    At what time?

At 2.55 (irish time)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pyrosever

Is anyone here going to the "Working abroad - Canada Expo" thing in the RDS this weekend? It doesn't look like there'll be any recruiters from my industry there, but they might have some useful information about accommodation, banking, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EddieMurphy

Anyone know the best place to go to obtain a New Zealand police cert?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

Anyone know the best place to go to obtain a New Zealand police cert?

cheers

http://www.justice.govt.nz/services/criminal-records/get-a-copy-of-your-criminal-record

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EddieMurphy

I found this link on the Canadian government website. Is that all I have to do to get a NZ police cert? Seems too simple.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/new-zealand.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

Does anyone have an email to contact the CIC?.. I cannot find one anywhere on there site :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

The only way it seems you can contact them is via your Kompass Account!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread, but is anyone going over to that Working Abroad expo in the RDS this weekend? Does anyone know if there are any IT related jobs there? Any time I read about it, it all seems to be for Engineering, Nurses etc. A mate of mine, who's going to Canada with me, said that he'll stop in and get any info for me.

Went this morning absolute waste of time I have an engineering degree usually the place is packed with engineering stands they had two today. They held it in a different part of the RDS than last year (last year the expo was three times the size) I spoke with the guys at both of the Engineering booths one had 10 positions available and the other had 4 which makes you wonder why they even bothered coming over to Ireland. Every second booth seemed to be advertising mechanics jobs (the trade not mechanical Engineering). Also it was ten euro a ticket which you could buy in advance which I did but still had to que outisde for 10 ten minutes which really annoyed me definitely the last time ill go to one of those.

Judgeing by how packed the place was and the amount of people that seemed to know the visa procedure inside out this second round will be a joke the visas will be gone in seconds.
    But on a good note I spoke to guy from the IEC and asked if they would allocate some of the 2500 places for the other two categories over to the working holiday because not many will apply for that and said it is something they are thinking about which is good but it's still going to be very difficult to get a visa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

stevie1122 wrote: »
    Went this morning absolute waste of time I have an engineering degree usually the place is packed with engineering stands they had two today. They held it in a different part of the RDS than last year (last year the expo was three times the size) I spoke with the guys at both of the Engineering booths one had 10 positions available and the other had 4 which makes you wonder why they even bothered coming over to Ireland. Every second booth seemed to be advertising mechanics jobs (the trade not mechanical Engineering). Also it was ten euro a ticket which you could buy in advance which I did but still had to que outisde for 10 ten minutes which really annoyed me definitely the last time ill go to one of those.

Judgeing by how packed the place was and the amount of people that seemed to know the visa procedure inside out this second round will be a joke the visas will be gone in seconds.
    But on a good note I spoke to guy from the IEC and asked if they would allocate some of the 2500 places for the other two categories over to the working holiday because not many will apply for that and said it is something they are thinking about which is good but it's still going to be very difficult to get a visa.

I went also and it was awful. I have a science degree and i knew there was gonna be no stands for it but i thought someone might be able to give me some insight to what the jobs prospects might be and i got nothing. Such a waste of time!!

Advertisement