Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

When they said 14days, is that business days or regular days?

It HAS to be this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

When they said 14days, is that business days or regular days?

It HAS to be this week :(

I really hope I get it today - Otherwise this week will be torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hoppy2014

GrumPy wrote: »
    I really hope I get it today - Otherwise this week will be torture.

you and me both buddy. i paid last friday my wtn is 2807. whats yours???

hoppy2014 wrote: »
    you and me both buddy. i paid last friday my wtn is 2807. whats yours???

Paid Friday too, in the 600's.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

They still haven;t fixed the bug ....still can't submit stage one documents :?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Skalragg wrote: »
    They still haven;t fixed the bug ....still can't submit stage one documents :?

did you mail them ?
    i know ya probably metioned before but **** scrolling back to check for that lol .

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

What job sites are you all using? How do you approach your job applications? Do you say you are getting a visa?

JamHn wrote: »
    What job sites are you all using? How do you approach your job applications? Do you say you are getting a visa?

Good question, what's their version of irishjobs/ monster?
    Also, their version of Daft? I have a feeling websites popular in Toronto, may not be the most popular in Vancouver. Probably a better question for the FAQ mind you..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

There's monster.ca and indeed.ca - indeed.ca seems to search all the jobs sites for you, so it might be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

GrumPy wrote: »
    Good question, what's their version of irishjobs/ monster?
    Also, their version of Daft? I have a feeling websites popular in Toronto, may not be the most popular in Vancouver. Probably a better question for the FAQ mind you..

Craigslist is the best for apartments I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

did you mail them ?
    i know ya probably metioned before but **** scrolling back to check for that lol .

Ya got a mail back last week saying they are aware of the technical issue, still..... its very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

This is me from now until 9PM

863063.gif

guest124 wrote: »
    This is me from now until 9PM

863063.gif

i know how you feel. every time my phone gets a email my heart skips a beat!!:cool:

on another note what parts are ye heading to??? toronto is my destination of choice.

hoppy2014 wrote: »
    on another note what parts are ye heading to??? toronto is my destination of choice.

Vancouver. But hearing it's difficult to get work. Thing is I'm not going over to get a career job, its a working holiday and I plan to treat it as such. Get work that'll keep me going.Obviously the better the work the more money I can save for activities though!

So I'm keeping options open. But hoping to stay in BC or Alberta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Guys has anyone figured out how to open the kompass messages? I downloaded the appropriate adobe player and still no joy

gg2 wrote: »
    Guys has anyone figured out how to open the kompass messages? I downloaded the appropriate adobe player and still no joy

drag the downloaded file into adobe when adobe is opened.

I used internet explorer to open them *cringe* it worked though.

right click and open with adobe or system viewer if thats an option . rather then just clicking as they download cause its probably trying to open within the browser

Will try that now thanks:D
    right click and open with adobe or system viewer if thats an option . rather then just clicking as they download cause its probably trying to open within the browser

Nope thats not an option:(

• Advertisement

Will try that now thanks:D

Nope thats not an option:(

right click and open open with adobe reader should be there .

This done it!! Thanks:o

• Registered Users Posts: 36 eamohal

Anybody with any CAL's today??

eamohal wrote: »
    Anybody with any CAL's today??

Not yet. only 11am though. Fingers crossed.

Taiwan open tonight so there could be another 1000 kompass accounts for them to go through after today. If they go as fast as the irish!

International Experience Canada 2014 will open on Tuesday, March 25th 2014 at 6:00 a.m. in Taiwan, (March 24th, 18:00 in Ottawa).

I've gotten so out of the loop with his thread due to limited internet access, I'm going to have to sit down and go through everything, I don't know the half of what everyone is talking about

I've gotten so out of the loop with his thread due to limited internet access, I'm going to have to sit down and go through everything, I don't know the half of what everyone is talking about

Its pretty repetitive to be honest. We are either complaining about waiting for CAL or talking about the technical issue some people are having with uploading documents to kompass. If you have your CAL there's another thread for stage 2 then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Its pretty repetitive to be honest. We are either complaining about waiting for CAL or talking about the technical issue some people are having with uploading documents to kompass. If you have your CAL there's another thread for stage 2 then :D

That's a good synopsis of the last 20 pages :D

Nothing yet on my end-I just want this part to be over! Have my Gards cert waiting to be scanned and all!!

lol the mycic complaining thread ya mean :P

Nothing yet on my end-I just want this part to be over! Have my Gards cert waiting to be scanned and all!!

Waiting to be scanned?! Scan it now so the PDF is ready! Saving precious seconds!! :D

:pac:

• Advertisement

That's a good synopsis of the last 20 pages :D

I feel bad for the people that do fall behind because we are all just yapping about sh*te and saying nothing useful at all lol
    lol the mycic complaining thread ya mean :P

I cant wait to join the mycic complaining thread! :p

Advertisement