Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

guest124 wrote: »
    I feel bad for the people that do fall behind because we are all just yapping about sh*te and saying nothing useful at all lol

I cant wait to join the mycic complaining thread! :p

lol i was lucky i asked a question in there and id my poe that day lol so i avioded allot iof it .

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Myself and OH Just got CAL's......

gccrowley1 wrote: »

off to the mycic bitching thread with ya now lol lol but nah congrats :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Congrats! :D WTN's and time stuff submitted etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

fingers crossed todays the day!

• Advertisement

Foley48 wrote: »
    fingers crossed todays the day!

still could take the full 14 days happend with alot the uk peeps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

:pac:
    ZIFgZyP.jpg

GrumPy wrote: »
    :pac:
    ZIFgZyP.jpg

****ty but true

• Registered Users Posts: 17 markgisme

eenm wrote: »
    Not sure if it's still the same email, but if not you might get a forwarding email address: betahousingubc@shaw.ca

They were the only frat accepting Irish guys when we went but that could have changed.

Yeah, I emailed the Alpha one there yesterday so I am waiting for a reply. My mate might have emailed them a while ago and got nothing back. Bit worrying. Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

What would you guys think about the idea of giving notice to work after you've received CAL but before POE? Riskiness on a scale of 1-10... 10 being 'don't be an idiot'....

• Advertisement

What would you guys think about the idea of giving notice to work after you've received CAL but before POE? Riskiness on a scale of 1-10... 10 being 'don't be an idiot'....

depends on when ya wanna leave id wait tho till you get sorted to leave, what happens if theres some **** up and ya dont get the poe . your ****ed then!

depends on when ya wanna leave id wait tho till you get sorted to leave, what happens if theres some **** up and ya dont get the poe . your ****ed then!

Is it stated anywhere what it's 'conditional' on? i.e. is it conditional on you supplying the necessary docs or conditional on someone reviewing your application etc etc... I can't take much more!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

guest124 wrote: »
    Vancouver. But hearing it's difficult to get work. Thing is I'm not going over to get a career job, its a working holiday and I plan to treat it as such. Get work that'll keep me going.Obviously the better the work the more money I can save for activities though!

So I'm keeping options open. But hoping to stay in BC or Alberta.

I'm the same - not looking for a career just yet, just a life experience. I do think it's worth looking outside the cities like Toronto and Vancouver, especially if you're like me, and just looking for a job to keep you ticking over.

I'm thinking Whistler or Kelowna, BC. Smaller towns that are supposed to be great fun.

Is it stated anywhere what it's 'conditional' on? i.e. is it conditional on you supplying the necessary docs or conditional on someone reviewing your application etc etc... I can't take much more!!:(

Conditional pending the mycic stuff I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jaykace

Conditional pending the mycic stuff I believe

Conditional as in u are allowed in under certain conditions like when u read the terms and conditions u understand

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pyrosever

I know it sucks to be stuck in limbo waiting for the poe, but I would strongly recommend against making any major concrete decisions until everything is certain: don't quit your job, don't sell your car, don't buy a plane ticket, don't tell your boss what you really think of them. There'll be plenty of time to burn bridges later.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jj1787

What is going on with these CAL's. I paid and uploaded my docs on the thursday night the visas opened. My girlfriend paid and uploaded hers the next day on Friday morning. I got my CAL on paddy's day and not a dicky bird about hers yet. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nellyireland

Just got my CAL!!! I was no 1166!!yahoo!! Hopefully alot of people will be receiving them today!! Ps I made a few mistakes on my application and it didnt seem to matter! So no need for anybody to be panicking!! ðŸ˜

jaykace wrote: »
    Conditional as in u are allowed in under certain conditions like when u read the terms and conditions u understand

Exactly so it's pending your cic is approved

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

Just got my CAL!!! I was no 1166!!yahoo!! Hopefully alot of people will be receiving them today!! Ps I made a few mistakes on my application and it didnt seem to matter! So no need for anybody to be panicking!! ðŸ˜

Are you able to give more info on this cos a few of us made mistakes on ours and are worried! I don't want to pry though!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

It's like being picked last in gym class. everytime someone says they got their CAL I feel so rejected lol

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Aware of that and a few people I know from last year were waiting nearly a month for theirs. Only reason I'm hoping its sooner rather than later is because my FBI police cert out of date this weekend so I'm hoping I receive the CAL in the next couple days as I don't want to have to go through the whole 2 month FBI police cert ordeal again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nellyireland

JamHn wrote: »
    Are you able to give more info on this cos a few of us made mistakes on ours and are worried! I don't want to pry though!:o

I didnt put my middle name on my application...I also put the wrong address on my cv...I was a total disaster! So I wouldn't worry too much guys!!:)

jj1787 wrote: »
    What is going on with these CAL's. I paid and uploaded my docs on the thursday night the visas opened. My girlfriend paid and uploaded hers the next day on Friday morning. I got my CAL on paddy's day and not a dicky bird about hers yet. :mad:

Boyfriend and I hit submit on stage 1 within milliseconds (13 WTNs apart), uploaded docs and paid at the same time on Friday 14th @ 6:30am, he got his CAL last Friday, I'm still waiting :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duffman44

For the people who got the CAL did any of you use aib visa debit cards to pay?just wondering if this could be the reason I havent got mine yet cause the money was pending untill Monday

duffman44 wrote: »
    For the people who got the CAL did any of you use aib visa debit cards to pay?just wondering if this could be the reason I havent got mine yet cause the money was pending untill Monday

I did, but my boyfriend did too. Both were pending until Tuesday morning but he has his CAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

I didnt put my middle name on my application...I also put the wrong address on my cv...I was a total disaster! So I wouldn't worry too much guys!!:)

Thanks! Congratulations!

off to the mycic bitching thread with ya now lol lol but nah congrats :P

Yeh! just about to start stage two now.... not looking good according to the order thread.............hahahaha

GrumPy wrote: »
    Congrats! :D WTN's and time stuff submitted etc??

WTN I'm 1064 ish , OH is about 1550 ish....., both paid and docs uploaded since very early Fri 14th morning (ABOUT 08:30-09:30)and sitting on "in progress" since then too....Two CAL's came at 15:02 today.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

WTN I'm 1064 ish , defo between OH is about 1550 ish....., both paid and docs uploaded since very early Fri 14th morning (ABOUT 08:30-09:30)and sitting on "in progress" since then too....Two CAL's came at 15:02 today.....

Handy that they came at the same time! (Innuendo haha)

Advertisement