Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

fackkkkkkkkkkk this waiting !! getting sick of signing into kompass and just the hole general iec process haha , I despise the mycic part and I havnt even started.. T O M O R R O W !! , better be the day .

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    Hope you get your CAL asap..... did you complete all the rest of the mycic?

Nah i've only done the questionaire! Would feel like I am tempting fate if i went ahead and filled out mycic forms before getting through stage1. Hopefully I will be wrecking everyone's head with mycic questions tomorrow night lol

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

No CAL today either but my buddy who paid last Sunday got his :/

Foley48 wrote: »
    No CAL today either but my buddy who paid last Sunday got his :/

Scabby.
    But I'm pretty confident about tomorrow. Paid Friday. Cleared from bank Wednesday. Cal on Tuesday? happy days.
    Enjoy trying to sleep with the happy days theme song in your head :p

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

Still no word on whether it is opening on Saturday or not. Really want to just get the agony over and done with. So disappointed in round one when I missed by seconds and the only saving grace was that the next shot was only weeks away. Now I'm worried it will drag on . Nearly at the point of getting a third round of police checks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Gossipgal wrote: »
    Still no word on whether it is opening on Saturday or not. Really want to just get the agony over and done with. So disappointed in round one when I missed by seconds and the only saving grace was that the next shot was only weeks away. Now I'm worried it will drag on . Nearly at the point of getting a third round of police checks!

i dunno if it even been the the 29th well the rumor of that . with there been all the issues with people still not even been able to upload documents .i can see it going on a while . if its not sorted .

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Karlos_Macca

No CAL yet for me.

I got my notification of payment/documents received on the 16th.

Should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

No CAL yet for me.

I got my notification of payment/documents received on the 16th.

Should I be worried?

Haven't got mine either, I paid on the Friday as well. No point worrying, they'll get to us eventually. I no it's frustrating but we have paid , uploaded documents, do they will get to us. I'd only start worrying if it was over the 14 days and we hadn't heard a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2 megalo

Hi all, first time poster. Thanks to all for the advice so far, it's been very helpful.

I got my CAL on Saturday, but it looks like the second stage is going to be a bit of nightmare. This is because, although I have the Garda certificate for Ireland already, I have lived in 3 other EU countries, none of which speak/provide certificates in English/French. However I discovered that Spain (one of the countries) provide a certificate that allows you to specify any other EU country to include in the background check. They also provide the cerfticate in English, so this would be a much faster route, but do you think CIC will accept it rather than an individual (and painstakingly translated) certificate from each country?

Also, in the event I have to take the longer route, so long as I apply to CIC before the expiration of the CAL, my place is still technically 'reserved', is that right?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 miak

megalo wrote: »
    Hi all, first time poster. Thanks to all for the advice so far, it's been very helpful.

I got my CAL on Saturday, but it looks like the second stage is going to be a bit of nightmare. This is because, although I have the Garda certificate for Ireland already, I have lived in 3 other EU countries, none of which speak/provide certificates in English/French. However I discovered that Spain (one of the countries) provide a certificate that allows you to specify any other EU country to include in the background check. They also provide the cerfticate in English, so this would be a much faster route, but do you think CIC will accept it rather than an individual (and painstakingly translated) certificate from each country?

Also, in the event I have to take the longer route, so long as I apply to CIC before the expiration of the CAL, my place is still technically 'reserved', is that right?

Thanks!

I got a police clearance from Spain and it's not in English, maybe I missed something when I was applying but that's how I got mine back.. twice!! Applied for one in November and it went out of date :( I got it translated, cost £30 for translation..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 hoppy2014

Durag wrote: »
    Haven't got mine either, I paid on the Friday as well. No point worrying, they'll get to us eventually. I no it's frustrating but we have paid , uploaded documents, do they will get to us. I'd only start worrying if it was over the 14 days and we hadn't heard a thing

i`m in the same boat as ye lads. just give it a bit more time. if there was a problem we would of been denied already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 megalo

miak wrote: »
    I got a police clearance from Spain and it's not in English, maybe I missed something when I was applying but that's how I got mine back.. twice!! Applied for one in November and it went out of date :( I got it translated, cost £30 for translation..
    Fair enough, you're probably right. I thought I read somewhere that they send it in English if you specify its for IEC, but could be mistaken.

In any case, I don't mind translating so long as they accept it for the other countries also (otherwise I'm looking at translating and notarising a Czech police certificate while living in Italy :eek:). I guess you didn't need them to check any other countries for you?

Any update with people that had technical issue for kompass? Hope they got ya sorted!

megalo wrote: »
    Fair enough, you're probably right. I thought I read somewhere that they send it in English if you specify its for IEC, but could be mistaken.

In any case, I don't mind translating so long as they accept it for the other countries also (otherwise I'm looking at translating and notarising a Czech police certificate while living in Italy :eek:). I guess you didn't need them to check any other countries for you?

I also needed one for the UK. The Spanish Cert came back really quick, took it about a week. Personally I wouldn't depend on the Spanish check covering for all countries. I wouldn't risk it, but iv been so over the top careful with anything IEC related!!

Finally got the CAL I was waiting on! Feel like Ryan Tubridy just rang and told me I've won the prize on the late late lol

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

miak wrote: »
    Finally got the CAL I was waiting on! Feel like Ryan Tubridy just rang and told me I've won the prize on the late late lol

Just now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

eenm wrote: »
    Just now?

Very early in the Canadian day to get one... Perhaps he got it last night, or the immigration offices in Ottawa have some early risers!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Still nothing here :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

ravingitup wrote: »
    I'm the same - not looking for a career just yet, just a life experience. I do think it's worth looking outside the cities like Toronto and Vancouver, especially if you're like me, and just looking for a job to keep you ticking over.

I'm thinking Whistler or Kelowna, BC. Smaller towns that are supposed to be great fun.

Whistler sounds like a great idea. I actually forgot about that place till you mentioned it, it's supposed to be brilliant with a great ski resort and night life. I was thinking of Calgary or Banff area but having second thoughts now....thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 carroll123

i'm still not able to submit my documents. Nothing has changed on kompass account it still says required documents pending and the due date are beside them. fingers crossed they will sort this issue soon as they have taken the payment and i got that email from them saying they received my message and are working on the technical issue. so bloody annoying now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

How long do you have after payment confirmation to do the CIC section? I've not had internet since I made payment and my phone wont open the pdf docs they sent me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

jozi wrote: »
    How long do you have after payment confirmation to do the CIC section? I've not had internet since I made payment and my phone wont open the pdf docs they sent me.

Once you get CAL 24 hours is all you have.

Ah no you've loads of time, it's 90 days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

radiata wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek: Glad I read the rest of the msg :p

What is CAL?

I should be able to do it this week once I get internet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

radiata wrote: »

My heart. You rascal! :P

jozi wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: Glad I read the rest of the msg :p

What is CAL?

I should be able to do it this week once I get internet again.

Conditional acceptance letter. Its the ‘stage 1 complete go to stage2' letter. Stage 2 =mycic.

eenm wrote: »
    Just now?

Yeah I got CAL at 8.34 Ottawa time. My WTN in 1600s, submitted everything the Day after visas were released.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

I have high hopes for today.. c'mon CAL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

If I hadn't been asked for previous cal details I'd be in there... Hope that doesn't delay things too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Raymo1993

Was it only a cv and passport that was the only documents that had to be uploaded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

without aiming this at anyone . im still amazed at the shear lack of preparation some people have done for this . i mean looking to move away for a couple of years is a huge deal . so you would think if people really wanted it they make them self aware of the process in doing so . or maybe thats just me ?

Advertisement