Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

without aiming this at anyone . im still amazed at the shear lack of preparation some people have done for this . i mean looking to move away for a couple of years is a huge deal . so you would think if people really wanted it they make them self aware of the process in doing so . or maybe thats just me ?

I'm kinda wondering are some of these questions a pisstake

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Raymo1993 wrote: »
    Was it only a cv and passport that was the only documents that had to be uploaded

It depends when you're talking about. Stage one yes, stage 2 no. You should check out the FAQs, step by step guides, and conversations here.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

without aiming this at anyone . im still amazed at the shear lack of preparation some people have done for this . i mean looking to move away for a couple of years is a huge deal . so you would think if people really wanted it they make them self aware of the process in doing so . or maybe thats just me ?

100% agree. Some of the questions on FB pages especially are incredible. People should at least attempt 1/2 hour of research on their own, instead of asking 'whats kompass?' ‘where do I find the cic thing?' I personally find it frustrating to see people with cals that have done no research, whereas I have been researching and preparing since August and I'm still waiting.
    I don't mind people asking for confirmation about something. We are all paranoid and want to be careful with what we submit but some of the questions are silly.

guest124 wrote: »
    100% agree. Some of the questions on FB pages especially are incredible. People should at least attempt 1/2 hour of research on their own, instead of asking 'whats kompass?' ‘where do I find the cic thing?' I personally find it frustrating to see people with cals that have done no research, whereas I have been researching and preparing since August and I'm still waiting.
    I don't mind people asking for confirmation about something. We are all paranoid and want to be careful with what we submit but some of the questions are silly.

Agreed. I am READY for cal. Cummmmonnnnn!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I personally find it frustrating to see people with cals that have done no research, whereas I have been researching and preparing since August and I'm still waiting.

It's got me pretty mad that some underprepared people managed to swing a WTN, when one of my mates was ubber prepped and missed out by seconds.

• Advertisement

It's got me pretty mad that some underprepared people managed to swing a WTN, when one of my mates was ubber prepped and missed out by seconds.

Yuck! That's sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 eamohal

Ive got notification since of payment since the 16th so correct me if Im wrong the eligibility period is 14 days (inc bank holidays etc), therefore I should receive my CAL by Sunday all being well??

eamohal wrote: »
    Ive got notification since of payment since the 16th so correct me if Im wrong the eligibility period is 14 days (inc bank holidays etc), therefore I should receive my CAL by Sunday all being well??

I'm taking it to include weekends yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

well infairness its not a case of people getting in or not really i mean you can be as prepared more then anyone and not get a place . the system itsself if as fair as you can get it my point was if your gonna do it dont be like whats a cal ? or whatever ya know stupid trivial stuff that if you really wanted to go you know what it is .

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭keryl

Sorry if this has been posted but I'm just trying to find information on New Zealand Clearance if you lived there for 6 months+ in the past 5 years. Can anyone tell me is this applied for directly to the NZ Police or is the application sent to the Canadian embassy for sending to NZ on your behalf?

• Advertisement

Agreed. I am READY for cal. Cummmmonnnnn!

keryl wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been posted but I'm just trying to find information on New Zealand Clearance if you lived there for 6 months+ in the past 5 years. Can anyone tell me is this applied for directly to the NZ Police or is the application sent to the Canadian embassy for sending to NZ on your behalf?

why would you think that they would send it on your behalf?

you get onto the police and apply and then then send you back the cert . then you , which you upload with you garda or other police certs etc

Yeah like the Australian or Garda one but I did find this on the boards.ie search

http://www.justice.govt.nz/services/criminal-records/forms/request-by-individual.pdf

Presume this is the form.

Yeah like the Australian or Garda one but I did find this on the boards.ie search

http://www.justice.govt.nz/services/criminal-records/forms/request-by-individual.pdf

Presume this is the form.

looks like it . email them if you want confirmation i guess you be your best bet .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tipperary ontario

Just got my cal uploaded at around 1 last friday week (wtn in the 1400's) for the cic stage did ye upload a cv or use the same resume from stage 1? thanks..

looks like it . email them if you want confirmation i guess you be your best bet .

Thanks for that

Does anyone have any experience of obtaining a NEw Zealand Police Clearance for the Canadian Visa. i've tried the various websites and I can't find anything clear. I will email them but response times are more than likely slow so if anyone has information it would be great

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 katzenjammer 4000

Hi all,

I have a Stage 2 (CiC) question.

So I am progressing through my CiC application.

I had a first question regarding the additional employment section, after watching the video it seems to mention adding a second 1295E form, I assume with just the additional employments entered, leaving the rest blank.

I assume this is submitted as an 'Optional Document' in the stated section?

Also, does anybody else have Schedule 1 (i.e: 5257B) listed as an optional document? I haven't heard anyone else mention it, just wanted to make sure I don't require to submit this.

Thanks for anyone helping me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Hi all,
    I have a Stage 2 (CiC) question.

Stage 2 thread is where you need to be at. But yeah, what you said sounds fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 katzenjammer 4000

Hey GrumPy,

Thanks for the heads up. I posted this in the Stage 2 thread first but it seems to be quieter and thought I would post in both in case someone else has came across this.

Do I need this Schedule 1 form?

I don't think I do but just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

Are there any rejections yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

I'm sure this has been asked here somewhere already but does it make any odds if my name printed on the police cert is different towards my passport/birth cert name. The only difference is that my middle name is on the passport but not on the police cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

you get onto the police and apply and then then send you back the cert . then you , which you upload with you garda or other police certs etc

Really bad advice there
    The CIC Office processing your application will send the completed forms to the Immigration section in Sydney, Australia and officers there will work with the appropriate authorities to obtain the required Criminal History Report on your behalf. Sydney will send the Criminal History Report to the Immigration office processing your application.

IMPORTANT: Applicants should not send their Disclosure of Information (NZ) form directly to the New Zealand Police Authorities.

Edit: I'm wrong, looks like you can apply directly if going via IEC.

Really bad advice there

yup thats for pr . jumping the gun there ehh? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Theasal1234

Question about CIC process : Has anyone, who has been living in Canada previous to applying for IEC 2014, been asked for a Canadian Police Check in the CIC section?

Question about CIC process : Has anyone, who has been living in Canada previous to applying for IEC 2014, been asked for a Canadian Police Check in the CIC section?

im pretty sure they dont get asked for a candian one i havent lived there before or whatever. but from what ive read your not asked. they can check there side or something

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jj1787

im pretty sure they dont get asked for a candian one i havent lived there before or whatever. but from what ive read your not asked. they can check there side or something

I am in Canada on a 1 year IEC and I got the Canadian Police check just in case they ask for it - cost $80. Out of two of my mates who did the 1 year IEC and got the 2013 2 year last year -one was asked for the Canadian police check and the other wasn't. Seems to depend what officer reviews your application.

Really bad advice there

So for the new Zealand police cert, contact the nz police.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Got my CAL! :D woop woop!

Advertisement