Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

CAL today at 8:05pm Irish time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Any ideas when the next round for visas might be?? I thought it had to be before the end of March?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wind chime

Anyone know what a realistic salary is for a software developer with 3 years' experience in Calgary?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Any ideas when the next round for visas might be?? I thought it had to be before the end of March?

Nobody knows. It prob won't open until all of Round 1 is processed first. There's also technical issues with the Kompass Account. A lot of people still haven't been able to submit their documents and payment via the Kompass so that will delay things also!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

I've read the 2nd round are out on 29th, can anyone confirm?

And when they are open will there be prior notification or just check everyday??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Kod-box wrote: »
    I've read the 2nd round are out on 29th, can anyone confirm?

And when they are open will there be prior notification or just check everyday??

That was an unconfirmed date stated by I/can, Irish Canadian immigration centre. It was later taken down and replaced with 'tba'.
    Its looking doubtful that round 2 will open this week but they will be giving at least 24 hour notice before opening.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

edit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Got my cal, Wtn in 1900s

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

Got my cal, Wtn in 1900s

When did you get it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bieber11

I'm in the 1700s and haven't received anything, I paid and uploaded my documents on Friday the 14th at 9am so it is just pot luck when you get them by looks of it, including weekends and the day I submitted this is day 13 though so I'm getting slightly nervous now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Still nothing. Ugh, it has to be today, right?

I'm away from the computer tomorrow, so would love to know it's sorted before then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

JamHn wrote: »
    When did you get it? :)
    last night around 10

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Still nothing for myself or the missus yet and paid since early Friday 14th. Im not overly worried as most people seem to be getting through with any errors they did have so i don't see any reason why we would be rejected as everything was perfect.

We wont be uploading our MyCIC stuff for a good few weeks anyways. We are waiting to hear on the US Green Lottery in May so if by some miracle either of us get that we wont be following up with the Stage 2 so we don't waste the opportunity to go to Canada in years to come. From my understanding we have 90 days to complete Stage 2 right? And if we dont proceed with Stage 2 then that isnt our WHV used up we can apply in the years to come right?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

Just got my CAL at 12:10!! :D

Unfortunately the message won't open on a mac running all the latest adobe reader SW or my uni lab workstation (windows). Anyone know how to resolve this... just says "please wait"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Still no word :( deep down I know there shouldnt be a problem but getting to the stage where its nearly been 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

MarkJD wrote: »
    Still nothing for myself or the missus yet and paid since early Friday 14th. Im not overly worried as most people seem to be getting through with any errors they did have so i don't see any reason why we would be rejected as everything was perfect.

We wont be uploading our MyCIC stuff for a good few weeks anyways. We are waiting to hear on the US Green Lottery in May so if by some miracle either of us get that we wont be following up with the Stage 2 so we don't waste the opportunity to go to Canada in years to come. From my understanding we have 90 days to complete Stage 2 right? And if we dont proceed with Stage 2 then that isnt our WHV used up we can apply in the years to come right?

Yeah your CAL is valid for 90 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

billyduk wrote: »
    Just got my CAL at 12:10!! :D

Unfortunately the message won't open on a mac running all the latest adobe reader SW or my uni lab workstation (windows). Anyone know how to resolve this... just says "please wait"

Was happening for me yesterday too? Try saving it to computer and then opening it. Worked for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

Sloth89 wrote: »
    Was happening for me yesterday too? Try saving it to computer and then opening it. Worked for me!

Ya I did! Still nada! Even tried opening it in google docs! Now the site is throwing a 404 on my mac, but working on my windows workstation.

billyduk wrote: »
    Ya I did! Still nada! Even tried opening it in google docs! Now the site is throwing a 404 on my mac, but working on my windows workstation.

Have you tried downloading a different pdf reader? I seen some folk talking about that the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MurfM3

Guys an girls, I aint got my CAL yet, but is there a separate thread for Q&As for when we get there such as a "Regional Thread"
    Eg; What sim plan/phone company is the best ? What motor insurance company to go with ? Wheres best area to rent in your City? Simple things that'll make the move a lot easier :)

• Advertisement

This is probably a question for the stage two thread but I can't seem to find it so here goes. Received my CAL and have completed myCIC part except for uploading the police checks. I have UK one (NI citizen) which is dated the 10th December (so technically about 2 and half weeks out of date). Does anyone know how strict they are with the three month expiry date? I have sent off for a new one a few weeks ago but apparently they have no record of it and this arsing about is driving me mad lol
    PS. Have to have all submitted by 7th April as that's when USA check goes out of date and it's an awful handling to get

• Registered Users Posts: 6 katzenjammer 4000

This is probably a question for the stage two thread but I can't seem to find it so here goes. Received my CAL and have completed myCIC part except for uploading the police checks. I have UK one (NI citizen) which is dated the 10th December (so technically about 2 and half weeks out of date). Does anyone know how strict they are with the three month expiry date? I have sent off for a new one a few weeks ago but apparently they have no record of it and this arsing about is driving me mad lol
    PS. Have to have all submitted by 7th April as that's when USA check goes out of date and it's an awful handling to get

Hey bud, I am in exactly the same situation (well without the US part).
    I have a UK police certificate dated 15th December 2013 (in NI as well).

I emailed CiC with an internal message within the application last week but have not heard anything back. I am ready to apply for a new one as I have a feeling they are going to say no. The reason I haven't is because the police certificate does not explicitly mention an expiry date. But I know these ACRO people (police dudes) say it only lasts 3 months.

Perhaps a reason the ACRO dudes are saying they have no record of your application is because they clear it after 3 months, any replacements must be made within that 3 month period, and even then it would still be dated from your original date. You are going to need to apply for a new one if CiC don't accept it.

Hey bud, I am in exactly the same situation (well without the US part).
    I have a UK police certificate dated 15th December 2013 (in NI as well).

I emailed CiC with an internal message within the application last week but have not heard anything back. I am ready to apply for a new one as I have a feeling they are going to say no. The reason I haven't is because the police certificate does not explicitly mention an expiry date. But I know these ACRO people (police dudes) say it only lasts 3 months.

Perhaps a reason the ACRO dudes are saying they have no record of your application is because they clear it after 3 months, any replacements must be made within that 3 month period, and even then it would still be dated from your original date. You are going to need to apply for a new one if CiC don't accept it.

It's a new application they say they haven't received yet. I read somewhere along the line (maybe one of the many fb pages floating about) that they weren't overly strict on dates of police certs. I'm wondering if I submitted it with the one I have and they were having none of it, would they simply request an up to date one or reject me completely. It's a tricky one boys!

Can you let me know if the CIC 'dudes' get back to you? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

wife just got her's still waiting on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 6 katzenjammer 4000

It's a new application they say they haven't received yet. I read somewhere along the line (maybe one of the many fb pages floating about) that they weren't overly strict on dates of police certs. I'm wondering if I submitted it with the one I have and they were having none of it, would they simply request an up to date one or reject me completely. It's a tricky one boys!

Can you let me know if the CIC 'dudes' get back to you? :P

Yea bud I will let you know. That is interesting I wouldn't trust FB completely though, I would be concerned they would reject it all together and I will never get out of this forsaken land.

I really hope they get back soon, it said up to 10 days so can't be long now. Once I know I will pass on the information. Will save me another 45quid

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

in the 2700s myself and still waiting on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

From I/CAN facebook page. the irish canadian immigration centre:

IEC update for those applying from NI:
    you should not be asked for a garda cert unless you have lived in the Republic. If asked by CIC, upload a letter of explanation. Tell them citizens of NI often hold Irish passports despite not living in the Republic. Ask them to check with the IEC before refusing you as this was an issue in 2013 that the IEC got corrected. Tell them the IEC is aware of this 'complication' again this year

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

YAAAYYYYY! Got my CAL! :) ***happy dance***

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hippoparty

eenm wrote: »
    CAL today at 8:05pm Irish time!

Very glad to hear!!! I haven't got mine yet but if you got yours i should get mine too. I take it there was no problems with the previous WTN number so, that's a relief!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

YAAAYYYYY! Got my CAL! :) ***happy dance***

great!! :D

Advertisement