Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

nope just fill it all in and date it then save and upload no printing needed .

Can I ask ya...if we've just completed Stage 1 we don't have a GC Key do we? Must we register at the CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp to get one? Couldn't spot the answer on the thread :o

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

Just got my CAL 21:19pm Irish time. I was No. 2508. I uploaded and made payment on Friday early afternoon, however I did not get a receipt until Sunday 16th. The money didn't come out of my account until Tuesday 18th. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

JamHn wrote: »
    Can I ask ya...if we've just completed Stage 1 we don't have a GC Key do we? Must we register at the CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp to get one? Couldn't spot the answer on the thread :o

Continue with gc key. Do questionaire. They pretty much talk you through it so you'll be grand. Note the countries with a YES by them are 'designated countries' in this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp it seems to be the question most people found confusing during questionnaire (have you lived for 6 consecutive months in designated country..)

guest124 wrote: »
    Continue with gc key. Do questionaire. They pretty much talk you through it so you'll be grand. Note the countries with a YES by them are 'designated countries' in this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp it seems to be the question most people found confusing during questionnaire (have you lived for 6 consecutive months in designated country..)

Thanks! Do I get the GC key by registering or should I have it somewhere already?

JamHn wrote: »
    Thanks! Do I get the GC key by registering or should I have it somewhere already?

Nope. Ya register :)

• Advertisement

guest124 wrote: »
    Nope. Ya register :)

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bieber11

Get my CAL letter last night at at 7pm. I haven't been reading the posts on the cic form and I haven't even looked at it yet so hopefully this page will be as helpful as it was with the kompass information(although I'll read back over posts rather then ask the same question over and over again, stop being lazy people)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Ok, what happens if tomorrow comes and goes and I haven't received my CAL? Do I email them?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jaykace

Ok, what happens if tomorrow comes and goes and I haven't received my CAL? Do I email them?

Good question as we paid Friday (early) would mean it's 14 days tomorrow ...are many of us waiting still?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 raregroove

jaykace wrote: »
    Good question as we paid Friday (early) would mean it's 14 days tomorrow ...are many of us waiting still?

I paid early on the Friday and I'm still waiting. I'm not worried though as I know my documents and application were submitted correctly. Should receive the CAL today or tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Jane1988

The 14 days start from whenever you received the mail confirming payment and submission of docs.

I paid 14th, got the mail 16th so my 14 days would be up on the 30th.

Saying that, I already have my CAL but my bf paid and uploaded the exact same time and he is still waiting on his. We wont panic on his until the 30th comes!

How long does this cic stage take from start to when you receive the papers required to travel?

Bieber11 wrote: »
    How long does this cic stage take from start to when you receive the papers required to travel?

2014-online-application-process_applicants_EN.jpg

Up to 42days after submitting mycic.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

FINALLY got my cal.

That's a weight off.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

For anyone who hasn't gotten past stage one, not to worry... was speaking with staff from IEC at the cork expo yesterday

I am one of the unlucky ones who can't submit uploaded passport and cv files, they are aware of the issue and it will NOT affect your chances of being accepted or your application in general

Hopefully I will get some confirmation soon..... Calgary actually looks quite good,... lots and lots of jobs there. Was thinking Toronto as I've previously lived there, but Calgary does have a lot of positives.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kouffaley

Got my CAL yeaterday around 9: 48 pm yesterday but just saw it now wow, very happy, im 2327 uploaded my doc and paid fees around 2 pm friday the 14 th

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

Does anybody know where it actually states police certs must be 3 months in date? Can't see it anywhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Still nothing for myself or the missus. Reading through my Kompass account again and the messages i got the below:

Notification of receipt of payment and supporting documents 14/03/2014 2:16:30 PM

So in my logic we should receive something by tomorrow as by that logic the 14 days are up. Should we contact them if we dont hear anything? I know there are others who are still waiting for the CAL but is your notification of receipt of payment and documents the 14th?

Has anyone had to wait beyond the 14 days before or last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kouffaley

CAN anyone send the link for the second stage pls

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

I'm getting very worried, paid on the 14th in the morning, my boyfrind got his 2 days ago, and I have got nothing

• Advertisement

MarkJD wrote: »
    Still nothing for myself or the missus. Reading through my Kompass account again and the messages i got the below:

Notification of receipt of payment and supporting documents 14/03/2014 2:16:30 PM

So in my logic we should receive something by tomorrow as by that logic the 14 days are up. Should we contact them if we dont hear anything? I know there are others who are still waiting for the CAL but is your notification of receipt of payment and documents the 14th?

Has anyone had to wait beyond the 14 days before or last year?

I got mine on the 13th day and so did a load others by the sound of it on this so prob no need to worry(easier said then done I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hoppy2014

just got my cal yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! wtn 2807. they`re on the way people :)

I'm very jealous of all the ppl who have them, really think they have skipped mine or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 raregroove

milo101 wrote: »
    I'm very jealous of all the ppl who have them, really think they have skipped mine or something.

Yes they must have skipped yours. You should withdraw your application and request a refund.

raregroove wrote: »
    Yes they must have skipped yours. You should withdraw your application and request a refund.

:)

I'm getting very worried, paid on the 14th in the morning, my boyfrind got his 2 days ago, and I have got nothing

Don't worry! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

They will get to you eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pad92

Got my CAL at 15:58, Delighted :) as other people are saying they are on the way, wtn 2559, paid & uploaded docs on Friday 14th at about 7pm

Sloth89 wrote: »
    Does anybody know where it actually states police certs must be 3 months in date? Can't see it anywhere....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

2nd paragraph under ‘who needs police cert'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 leechris007

if you went to Oz ,will you be able to submit a Australian police cert and gardai cert at once.will they ask you were you living in another country?I have both certs dho.

Advertisement