Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

Roll on April 1st. Won't be making the same mistake I made last time.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Was the opening time given when the first round date was announced or did they give the time after they announced the date?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

stevie1122 wrote: »
    Was the opening time given when the first round date was announced or did they give the time after they announced the date?

It was given on the day it was announced I think, looking at my watch that page logs. Cathy in I Can said they would announce time before. Probably Monday I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm getting really stressed out now-still nothing :(

I was just viewing my application to put my mind at rest and saw that there was a section for bank account details, should you require a refund...I paid by visa debit and don't remember seeing any part to include my bank details! Surely they could simply refund onto my card...?

And I hope that's not grounds for rejection...seriously, I'm annoyed that I was on the ball and people who took their time have been accepted before me. Hardly seems fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 boarding97

When filling out the family form for the CIC stage did you print out , fill in and sign and then scan back in or can you do a digital signature like the main application form?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

I was just viewing my application to put my mind at rest and saw that there was a section for bank account details, should you require a refund...I paid by visa debit and don't remember seeing any part to include my bank details! Surely they could simply refund onto my card...?

And I hope that's not grounds for rejection...seriously, I'm annoyed that I was on the ball and people who took their time have been accepted before me. Hardly seems fair!

Don't think there was a section for refund when paying!
    They would wanna hurry up with the CAL! :confused::confused:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Gossipgal wrote: »
    It was given on the day it was announced I think, looking at my watch that page logs. Cathy in I Can said they would announce time before. Probably Monday I would say

Great thanks wouldn't have been nice at all of they didn't give a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jane1988

That was for situations when the application is done by paper not paperless as is the case for Ireland.

Relax, the quoted timeframe is 14 days from confirmation of payment and docs! IEC are not obliged to process your application in less time than that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

EI-DOR wrote: »
    What happened you the last time?

I was in my nans at the time and didnt realise how diabolically slow her internet was! Was online ready to go but when i refreshed the page at 8:01 it was 8:06 before the page was fully loaded again and the visas were gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

So what suggestions do people have if we dont get our CAL today and that is beyond the 14 day window?

• Advertisement

MarkJD wrote: »
    So what suggestions do people have if we dont get our CAL today and that is beyond the 14 day window?

Pop them an email maybe??
    I'm very worried about it now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 leechris007

Hopefully I will be in Canada before the Canadian students finish college because they will be first choice for jobs for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Got my cal at 11 last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

got my CAL today :D GOOD TIMES

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

got my CAL today :D GOOD TIMES

Congrats! :D What time approx? People should try and mention this when they post, otherwise you'll leave folks wondering. Glad I got mine already, but if I was still waiting, posts like this would help drive me insane! :p

There system is head wrecking, I feel like mine is never going to come!! Im on day 14 now anyway me thinks, would love to get it today, put my mind at ease for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I see round 2 is set for Tue the first, if one hasn't got there cal by then is there a point to applying again?

Just as i post my last msg, I received CAL!! Thank god!
    So surley eveyone else will know today too! I would imagine they would have to have them done before the next round!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

GrumPy wrote: »
    Congrats! :D What time approx? People should try and mention this when they post, otherwise you'll leave folks wondering. Glad I got mine already, but if I was still waiting, posts like this would help drive me insane! :p

yeah sorry man just pretty buzzing haha :P but I got it at 12:53 today
    signed into my kompass and seen (statues - final decision - accepted)
    nearly jumped through the roof !!

Got my CAL Mar 26, 2014 at 7:46 AM Vancouver time. WTN in the 1940's!

• Advertisement

Well got My CAL.. 2.15pm Irish Time. Missus just waiting on hers now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pad92

MarkJD wrote: »
    Well got My CAL.. 2.15pm Irish Time. Missus just waiting on hers now!

Congratulations :D hopefully your missus doesn't have to wait to long for her's.

Thanks. As odd as it sounds geniunely relieved even though we are not applying until May so was no rush either way haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Receipt of payment 5:17am Friday 14th.
    Still no CAL
    So much for 14 days.

Thought a mate of mine was winding me up when he said last year his took nearly a month. Starting to believe him now...

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Thought a mate of mine was winding me up when he said last year his took nearly a month. Starting to believe him now...

Apparently people were waiting a good 2 months for the CAL when the 2012 IEC opened. Took around 5 months altogether before the POEs got sent out. We can't really complain this year, I'm still waiting myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Apparently people were waiting a good 2 months for the CAL when the 2012 IEC opened. Took around 5 months altogether before the POEs got sent out. We can't really complain this year, I'm still waiting myself!

I don't mind it taking that long, but them telling us we'll be notified within 14 days and then not making that deadline is unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I don't mind it taking that long, but them telling us we'll be notified within 14 days and then not making that deadline is unfair.

Yea I agree with you there. Looks like they have fell behind a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 raregroove

Just received my CAL. Whoop dee whoop!

I'm glad I got it before the weekend but for those of you still waiting: don't worry - you will DEFINITELY get it. If you had been declined for any reason they would have told you by now. And the only reason you could be declined is for providing info that doesn't match your passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

Yeah I was one of those people. They still told us it would only take 2 weeks for the CAL (took about a month) and then 8 weeks for POE, ended up taking about 5 months in total. Applied in January, got it in May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

john_jobin wrote: »
    Yeah I was one of those people. They still told us it would only take 2 weeks for the CAL (took about a month) and then 8 weeks for POE, ended up taking about 5 months in total. Applied in January, got it in May.

Same as that. Applied in January. Got CAL early April , then POE end of May. Back then though the visas took 6 months to go. Took 5 minutes this year! I think a lot of people are realising canada is a better option than oz.

Advertisement