Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

To be honest I'd just submit it with the Certs you have. And at the same time apply for new Certs. Best case scenario , cic don't look for new one and you get POE much quicker. Worst case is they send you a message looking for new cert, which you've already applied for anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Raymo1993

Got my cal there. But I can't open it on my iPhone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I'm still waiting on the eligibility assessment, but am having a major issue... I can't read any of the messages they send me!

They download as. pdfs when I click on them. I have tried on every app I can find on my Note 3 (eg. up to date software), on my own laptop, 2 friends laptops and also my computer in work. Every single time it tells me to update above reader, which I have done on all but the work computer... Only to be told I have already got the newest version installed.

I sent then a message aboyt this, and they sent one back titled 'try different browser'. I have tried 7 browsers and they all download the messages, none view it in the browser itself, so I wind up with the same problem.

I even tried opening the message in photoshop (the pdf) and it asked for a password... None of the passwords, usernames, email addresses, etc I could think of worked.

Has anyone had similar problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Finally got my CAL there at 16:15!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

EI-DOR wrote: »

Congratulations!!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

missus got her CAL last night. Got it about 11pm Irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Is the second wave of the 3500 working holiday visas not released tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Is the second wave of the 3500 working holiday visas not released tonight?

As far as I know they are being released on April 1st...

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

EI-DOR wrote: »

Ahh about time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Still nothing :( Really getting worried- today is day 14...

• Advertisement

Lolli.. Yours will come :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jaykace

Still nothing :( Really getting worried- today is day 14...

Hey its a pain!!! Today is day 15 I've been freakin out! But I got my CAL at 20.17 tonight.....wtn 3838 paid Friday 14th at noon... I know u will get it too

• Registered Users Posts: 39 leechris007

how do you submit two police clearances?I have read the police clearance help thing but theres nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 leechris007

Billy86 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on the eligibility assessment, but am having a major issue... I can't read any of the messages they send me!

They download as. pdfs when I click on them. I have tried on every app I can find on my Note 3 (eg. up to date software), on my own laptop, 2 friends laptops and also my computer in work. Every single time it tells me to update above reader, which I have done on all but the work computer... Only to be told I have already got the newest version installed.

I sent then a message aboyt this, and they sent one back titled 'try different browser'. I have tried 7 browsers and they all download the messages, none view it in the browser itself, so I wind up with the same problem.

I even tried opening the message in photoshop (the pdf) and it asked for a password... None of the passwords, usernames, email addresses, etc I could think of worked.

Has anyone had similar problems?

did you save the file to your computer and right click and open with pdf reader,it will evantually come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭gavdolfini

Do you have to apply for australian police cert if you have not been in over 5 years?. Effort of having to get brisbane traffic clearance to even though i didnt drive there?. If you dont declare does it show up at emmigration?

gavdolfini wrote: »
    Do you have to apply for australian police cert if you have not been in over 5 years?. Effort of having to get brisbane traffic clearance to even though i didnt drive there?. If you dont declare does it show up at emmigration?
    The NSW check is REALLY easy, unsure about QLD. Literally a quick form wit for $42 (if I recall?) and you can use your smartphone to upload proof of ID/address docs (passport, a bill and a bank statement should do). They sent it out to me within 24 hours and I had it in 4 days.

Doubt you will need traffic clearance if you werent driving, I didnt.

did you save the file to your computer and right click and open with pdf reader,it will evantually come up.

It kept saying "please wait for it to load. If it does not load (etc)..."

I left it open for about 30 hours and it finally loaded! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

got cal around 11pm tonight. received msg to confirm payment on the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ollybally

Hi all best of luck with applications hoping to get a place in round 2 !!!

Sorry one question have to ask
    When filling in the information for the cic account the scan of your passport
    is the information page or pages with stamps on them that has to be scanned and sent off ??? as I have a few pages with scans on them that got crumpled and wet a bit hard to see but information page with my pic is fine !
    Many thanks and best of luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Guys I got a message this morning but I don't have access to a laptop, can't view the message on my phone!!! Someone please put me out of my misery, the message is marked as "IEC Conditional acceptence letter" does this mean I have actually got the cal OR is there a chance of a rejection within that bloody unreachable message!!! I won't be near a laptop for another few hours

• Advertisement

Sounds like you got it gg2. I had a similar message to my Gmail also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Has round 2 open date been announced?

It has!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 f4m1c0m

Does anyone know what happens to the places of the people who get rejected or do not complete the application process within 10 days? I'm asking as the irish passport office has told me that there is a backlog on passport applications and I am unlikely to get mine back for the 2nd stage application process (I'll get it back on the 2nd) do they make these places available again after the application stages are finished? If so how do you apply for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Afrocelt84

Hi quick question, cant seem to find the answer in the last couple of pages.
    At the top of the main form it asks for a UCI number.
    Where do i find this, am I just being dense?

Hi quick question, cant seem to find the answer in the last couple of pages.
    At the top of the main form it asks for a UCI number.
    Where do i find this, am I just being dense?

You only need the UCI number if you participated in the IEC previously. If not then leave it blank!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kouffaley

Have you recently graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution for which your study program was full-time and a minimum of eight months? Can any one help to answer this question pls, they meant ireland or canada?thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

regarding round 2 on tuesday will they announced what time they be open?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

kouffaley wrote: »
    Have you recently graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution for which your study program was full-time and a minimum of eight months? Can any one help to answer this question pls, they meant ireland or canada?thanks

I took it to mean have you spent time at Canadian college.
    rob55 wrote: »
    regarding round 2 on tuesday will they announced what time they be open?

Yeah, they should announce time tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 dribbles22

For those who were experiencing problems uploading documents in stage one like myself, the complete button finally appeared for me today so check if its there for you guys too! what a relief! Thanks for sorting it out IEC!

Advertisement