Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Citheog

Is anybody else still waiting for CAL?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

day 16, still waiting for my CAL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Me three!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 P_MAL

still waiting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 strawberry100

Sorry i am proberly in the wrong thread baut i have received my cal i have to create a cic accountant can any one point me in the right direction for this do i need a garda clearance if so how old can it be

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Sorry i am proberly in the wrong thread baut i have received my cal i have to create a cic accountant can any one point me in the right direction for this do i need a garda clearance if so how old can it be

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp register with gc key

Cert is valid for 3months.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Hi all,

Just setting up my Kompass page at the moment and have a quick question about the Previous IEC Participation page.

I did a working holiday back in 2006, but I don't know if that was IEC or something else. It was through USIT at the time. Anyone know if the program changed name at all, or should I just declare it anyway?

Thanks.

I think it was SWAP and this implies I can apply again:

7. What changes came into effect in 2013?
    Starting 2013, two significant changes were made to the International Experience Canada initiative for Irish citizens:
    Irish citizens were able to come to Canada under International Experience Canada for a period of up to 24 months, on a maximum of one occasion.
    Irish citizens were no longer be required to demonstrate habitual residency.
    Previously, Irish citizens were permitted to participate twice, each time up to 12 months. Starting 2013, Irish citizens who had participated in the International Experience Canada initiative (including through USIT) for a period of up to 12 months are eligible for another participation of up to 24 months. Those who had participated in the International Experience Canada initiative (including through USIT) more than once (i.e., beyond 12 months) are not eligible.
    The above paragraph is still valid for 2014. Participants eligible for 2014 can participate in the category of their choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Citheog wrote: »
    Is anybody else still waiting for CAL?
    yup :(

• Advertisement

Wow! Can't believe some of yas are still waiting for cal! The ones that uploaded everything Friday 14th i mean. Hopefully yas hear tomorrow before round 2 opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

Does anyone know how many times we can stay in Canada with our IEC visa? If we want to come back to Ireland and live here for a while and then go back to Canada, can we only do that once or twice or as many times as we want?

JamHn wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many times we can stay in Canada with our IEC visa? If we want to come back to Ireland and live here for a while and then go back to Canada, can we only do that once or twice or as many times as we want?

I'd say you can go as many times as you like but insurance companies may only cover a limited amount of trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AllIsRosey

Hi Guys. BIG PROBLEM! MY girlfriend and i both simultaneously applied for Irish IEC WH Visa. I have recieved CAL but she has had a Big Tech Issue which is not getting addressed. We both made our payments and submitted neccesary docs at same time on same PC on 15-03-2014 well before our 22-03-14 due date. Travelling through Asia at mo so very limited internet access in places. We got confirmation of payments through 3rd party however when we logged back in on 25-03-14 her Documents part went back to pending even though she clearly submitted them on 15-03. We re-submitted on 25-03 which is two days past due date. IEC states on site apps automatically rejected if you miss deadlines but we clearly didnt, its not our fault. We have messaged iec 4 times and informed their tech dept however NO RESPONSE. Her IEC eligibility is at Pending and she has not recieved a message acknowledging receipt of payment and documents. Really frustrating because cannot get an answer and might need to reapply for 2nd batch on 02-04-14. Anybody have similar problem or any advice greatly greatly appreciated! Thanks

For those of us still waiting, isn't it starting to feel a bit like this....?

k5s76xd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

Do we have any idea what time round two opens guys?

I'm 100% sure this has already been asked, but there's a lot of pages in this mof*cka.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

TheShizz wrote: »
    Do we have any idea what time round two opens guys?

I'm 100% sure this has already been asked, but there's a lot of pages in this mof*cka.

Hasn't been announced yet

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Hasn't been announced yet

Which is worrying the time for the first round had definitely been announced at this stage. I have to work tomorrow if i'm going to have to ring in sick to get a visa the earlier I know the better because the less trouble ill get into at work.

I have a feeling they aren't going to give us a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

stevie1122 wrote: »
    Which is worrying the time for the first round had definitely been announced at this stage. I have to work tomorrow if i'm going to have to ring in sick to get a visa the earlier I know the better because the less trouble ill get into at work.

I have a feeling they aren't going to give us a time.

I would imagine it would be 4pm Ottawa time like the first round, which is 9pm Irish Time...

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

I would imagine it would be 4pm Ottawa time like the first round, which is 9pm Irish Time...

pretty much chances are there be a time up tonight ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 carroll123

after having that technical issue regarding my required documents and finally being able to submit them on friday, i got a message today with the notification of receipt of payment and supporting documents.
    so now i gotta wait for a cal,fingers crossed it will arrive by tonight. :)

are some of ye still waiting for cals?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jaykace

Best of luck to all applying tomorrow normally they give 24 hours notice of opening times I believe it will be 9pm as it was that time the past 2 rounds opened!!(4pm Ottawa time) once again it took 15 days for my cal 1 day over their time limit so don't be panicking (easier said than done...)
    My advice is to have as much of the form filled prior to opening as it will sell out in 5 mins so be overly over prepared

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

They just updated the IEC page - second round opens at 9pm Irish time tomorrow.

Good luck everyone :-)

Yowza.

Decided to apply for working holiday on Saturday. Now have the form filled out except for the last page (4). 9pm tmrw the race begins :)

Right, where should I contact IEC to inquire about where the f*ck my CAL is?

I'm getting very nervous and want to know if I should be trying to apply again tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Citheog

Right, where should I contact IEC to inquire about where the f*ck my CAL is?

I'm getting very nervous and want to know if I should be trying to apply again tomorrow night.

I havent got mine either. I called a third party today and they said there is a good few that havent got them yet. But they should have them all finished by tomorrow. I am on my 17th day waiting. :(

Citheog wrote: »
    I havent got mine either. I called a third party today and they said there is a good few that havent got them yet. But they should have them all finished by tomorrow. I am on my 17th day waiting. :(

Really? I'm just worried that nobody seems to have gotten theirs today at all. Can't think of any reason mine would be rejected, but am having an anxiety meltdown anyway.

Not impressed with the lack of communication from IEC anyway.

Really? I'm just worried that nobody seems to have gotten theirs today at all. Can't think of any reason mine would be rejected, but am having an anxiety meltdown anyway.

Not impressed with the lack of communication from IEC anyway.

A few getting them from Facebook groups. Still only 12.30 in Ottawa. Hopefully you hear by 11 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AllIsRosey

carroll123 wrote: »
    after having that technical issue regarding my required documents and finally being able to submit them on friday, i got a message today with the notification of receipt of payment and supporting documents.
    so now i gotta wait for a cal,fingers crossed it will arrive by tonight. :)

are some of ye still waiting for cals?

My girlfriend had similar problem and got not of receipt of docs and payment today also but it states in that letter that all applicants that do not submit on time will be automatically rejected. She submitted hers on 15-03 but had to resubmit on 25-03, two days after deadline as the status went back to pending. Did tech dept say it would be ok for you because nobody has got back to us in last week. V worried!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Hey guys... Im talking someone through this for tomorrow and i actually forget myself haha for stage one. Essentially

1) Be logged in around 8.55pm Irish Time
    2) Refresh Page Until WHV Category Becomes an Option
    3) Tick that and put in your DOB, Nationality and Email
    4) Hit Complete
    5) Outside on the overview page hit Submit

6) When / If that pages then loads through is there another page where you have to browse for your Passport Scan and CV and upload them or can they be uploaded already? Also is there more information to be ticked / typed in ?

I forget lol. It was such a fast blur when i did it first.

Advertisement