Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

MarkJD wrote: »
    Hey guys... Im talking someone through this for tomorrow and i actually forget myself haha for stage one. Essentially

1) Be logged in around 8.55pm Irish Time
    2) Refresh Page Until WHV Category Becomes an Option
    3) Tick that and put in your DOB, Nationality and Email
    4) Hit Complete
    5) Outside on the overview page hit Submit

6) When / If that pages then loads through is there another page where you have to browse for your Passport Scan and CV and upload them or can they be uploaded already? Also is there more information to be ticked / typed in ?

I forget lol. It was such a fast blur when i did it first.

After you hit submit you put in password again then you're done!
    You get message hours later asking for passport scan etc.

Also I would recommend restarting computer before logging in.
    For round 1 at 7.40 I went to log in but was told password was invalid. Restarted computer and password worked. This happened to a few I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Just got my CAL there now. Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

MarkJD wrote: »
    Hey guys... Im talking someone through this for tomorrow and i actually forget myself haha for stage one. Essentially

1) Be logged in around 8.55pm Irish Time
    2) Refresh Page Until WHV Category Becomes an Option
    3) Tick that and put in your DOB, Nationality and Email
    4) Hit Complete
    5) Outside on the overview page hit Submit

6) When / If that pages then loads through is there another page where you have to browse for your Passport Scan and CV and upload them or can they be uploaded already? Also is there more information to be ticked / typed in ?

I forget lol. It was such a fast blur when i did it first.

Am I imagining it or did we have to enter my password number on the same page as DOB??

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Sooo how fast we think this lot will go tomorrow any guesses ? Id say as fast if not quicker then round one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Sooo how fast we think this lot will go tomorrow any guesses ? Id say as fast if not quicker then round one

Don't make it any more stressful then it already is! :rolleyes::o

Devastated i missed out last time, will be squeeky bum time tomorrow night before the WHV becomes available!

• Advertisement

I'd say they will 100% be gone within the same amount of time as round one. I'm dreading it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

Surely tomorrow they'll accept more than the quota so people can go on the waiting list. There is no way all the people who got in during round one will be granted visas and the same goes for round two.

Best of luck to everyone applying. Hope you all get sorted.

Agro Head wrote: »
    Surely tomorrow they'll accept more than the quota so people can go on the waiting list. There is no way all the people who got in during round one will be granted visas and the same goes for round two.

Best of luck to everyone applying. Hope you all get sorted.

havent heard of anyone being refused yet tho i mean i know not everyone will go or whatever , there be **** ups people not eligible etc but anyone hear of anyone being refused so far?

havent heard of anyone being refused yet tho i mean i know not everyone will go or whatever , there be **** ups people not eligible etc but anyone hear of anyone being refused so far?

Not really. Even people who forgot middle names got through somehow! (Going from people on Facebook groups)

Last week I would have said the second round would go in half hour but going from amount of people on Facebook enquiring recently, it's going to be 3 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Not really. Even people who forgot middle names got through somehow! (Going from people on Facebook groups)

One or two got refused over the DOB entry I believe going by the Facebook Group. Haven't heard of anymore!

• Advertisement

EI-DOR wrote: »
    One or two got refused over the DOB entry I believe going by the Facebook Group. Haven't heard of anymore!

yeah but werent they from the uk iec . i didnt hear of anyone irish well yet anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

just got my POE letter. Delighted :)

Good luck to everyone applying tomorrow night.

:)

Yes a friend of the OH's didn't receive their CAL as a digit on their passport was wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Under 5mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 clopow

Hey guys so I'm doing the Kompass application requirements section and I'm on the one marked "IEC category", but the working Holiday option isn't listed, so does that appear when it opens tomorrow at 9?

clopow wrote: »
    Hey guys so I'm doing the Kompass application requirements section and I'm on the one marked "IEC category", but the working Holiday option isn't listed, so does that appear when it opens tomorrow at 9?

Yup.

guest124 wrote: »
    Yup.

Cool, thanks. I had a mild heart attack that I suddenly had the wrong date. So it opens at 9pm tomorrow, right? I'm just incredibly paranoid about getting the time wrong as well.

Cool, thanks. I had a mild heart attack that I suddenly had the wrong date. So it opens at 9pm tomorrow, right? I'm just incredibly paranoid about getting the time wrong as well.

Yup, 9PM sharp. If you look through last few comments you will find tips when applying.

Yup, 9PM sharp. If you look through last few comments you will find tips when applying.

I was trying to read them, but I think the blind panic came over me. Thanks for the reassurance. Appreciated!

I was trying to read them, but I think the blind panic came over me. Thanks for the reassurance. Appreciated!

Good luck tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Good luck tomorrow!

Thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rip It Up

Good luck everyone! My granny texted me from home to say she lit a candle after mass for me , I'd say there's many an IEC-related candle being lit today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Rip It Up wrote: »
    Good luck everyone! My granny texted me from home to say she lit a candle after mass for me , I'd say there's many an IEC-related candle being lit today.

That's the sweetest thing I've heard in ages! Your nana sounds like a dote!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

That's the sweetest thing I've heard in ages! Your nana sounds like a dote!

Any word yet lollipops? I've seen your comments all the way along. Really hope your cal comes through

Gossipgal wrote: »
    Any word yet lollipops? I've seen your comments all the way along. Really hope your cal comes through

Afraid not, am going to email them today to ask what's going on. I feel like I'm the last person of Round 1 still waiting. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MurfM3

Afraid not, am going to email them today to ask what's going on. I feel like I'm the last person of Round 1 still waiting. :(

Nope, myself and my girlfriend are still waiting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Citheog

MurfM3 wrote: »
    Nope, myself and my girlfriend are still waiting :(

Me too:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MurfM3

Citheog wrote: »
    Me too:(

She's just got her CAL....

MurfM3 wrote: »
    She's just got her CAL....

This morning?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

really annoying that i havent got confirmation yet, giving me no chance to retry tonight if I fail :mad:

Advertisement