Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MurfM3

This morning?

8pm last night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Ok, I have a friend that STILL hasn't got their CAL from round1. Their WTN is in the 2000's. What are people in a similar situation (a few of you it seems!) planning on doing if they don't receive their CAL before round 2 opens tonight?
    He doesn't have web access right now, but will later. Asking on his behalf.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MurfM3

GrumPy wrote: »
    Ok, I have a friend that STILL hasn't got their CAL from round1. Their WTN is in the 2000's. What are people in a similar situation (a few of you it seems!) planning on doing if they don't receive their CAL before round 2 opens tonight?
    He doesn't have web access right now, but will later. Asking on his behalf.
    Thanks!

Wait....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Just checked on my lunch break now and I've got my CAR in the last 2 hours! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

GrumPy wrote: »
    What are people in a similar situation (a few of you it seems!) planning on doing if they don't receive their CAL before round 2 opens tonight?

I asked on one of the FB forums what I should do and they said to message IEC directly from my Kompass account. Have done that this morning and am waiting on a response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

Hi guys,

Will constantly refreshing the page suffice tonight? I know with some websites you have to log out and in again before seeing any changes on the site so I'm just wondering if any of you did the refresh trick?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Billy86 wrote: »
    Just checked on my lunch break now and I've got my CAR in the last 2 hours! :D

Assuming car is a typo lol, and Billy got Cal 2 hours ago they must be working overtime cause that would have been 7am Ottawa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

TheShizz wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Will constantly refreshing the page suffice tonight? I know with some websites you have to log out and in again before seeing any changes on the site so I'm just wondering if any of you did the refresh trick?

We were all wondering that before round 1 opened-turned out you didn't need to log out and back in again. Just refreshing did the trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

For what it's worth I was logged in from 7.30 onwards for the first round, kept refreshing/navigating around the pages regularly, at about 7.58 it froze up then kicked me out at 7.59, and I had to log back in at 8 (had the login page opened in a second tab). Got back in and was done by 8.03, and had a WTN of 150 or so.

So just in case, have the login page open in a second tab or window, have your details (email address is the longest one) pasted into an open notepad window to copy and paste.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

FINALLY, I have been given the option to actually submit the CV/passport documents.....

Now begins the 2 weeks wait to see if I'm onto stage two...

• Advertisement

Skalragg wrote: »
    FINALLY, I have been given the option to actually submit the CV/passport documents.....

You'll probably have cal before the people here that have been waiting 18 days! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Finally got my CAL :D Happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AllIsRosey

Skalragg wrote: »

Did you contact IEC about this and if so.. what did they say. My gf only got to submit hers properly on 25th but IEC never clarified that this was ok and never got back to any Kompass messages. Got Notice of receipt yesterday and waiting on ANY indication that her application is still valid otherwise
    :mad: We were going to withdraw and reapply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I just realised I've been reading the wrong thread the whole time... I mistook "stage 2" as "round 2", I am way too prepared for tonight in that case. All I need is passport and CV? Easy

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

You's don't need any documents tonight. All your doing is signing into the Kompass Account, selecting the "WHV" and submitting. If you get in the quota then an Email will be sent out within 48 hours requesting the CV/Passport Scans and Payment!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

So round 2 in what 3 hours and 20 minutes anyone sweating yet ?
    Hopefully everyone here that wants it gets it anyway

EI-DOR wrote: »
    You's don't need any documents tonight. All your doing is signing into the Kompass Account, selecting the "WHV" and submitting. If you get in the quota then an Email will be sent out within 48 hours requesting the CV/Passport Scans and Payment!

Are you absolutely sure about that? The guide here says other wise
    Stage 1 is due to open sometime in January but currently we do not know when.

To apply for Stage 1, you need to create a Kompass account. You will only be able to create your account when IEC opens.

You must upload:
    1. A copy of your passport. Your passport must not expire for the duration of your 2 year visa. Otherwise supposedly you will be only issued a visa until the expiry date of your visa.
    2. A CV/Resume. This must contain the information specified at http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ce/resume.aspx however the exact format is not specified and is not critical if previous years are anything to go on. You can upload MS Documents format (.docx) or PDF. (other formats maybe supported).

When you have submitted this information, you will be emailed within 48hours for payment of the IEC fees. According to http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ees-frais.aspx the fees are 150CAD. However previously this was converted to a round euro figure.

Grimebox wrote: »

Yup! Stage 1 needs them documents and payment but you cant do that until you get email, hours after submitting application.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 P_MAL

Received CAL at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mccullod

So I just received my CAL but there is a mistake on it. I noticed after I paid the participation fee that my name was the wrong way around on my application. I'm convinced I didn't enter it incorrectly so e-mailed the IEC through my Kompass a/c to explain this and see if it was a system error. Sent 3 messages but never got a reply. I've been keeping an eye on the boards and facebook pages but nobody else seemed to have any issues with their names.

I was ready to withdraw my application and reapply tonight but literally just received my CAL and saw that the mistake is still their (they think my given name is my second name). Does anybody have advice on this. If I proceed to the CIC application will their obviously be a discrepancy??? There's prob no point in messaging through my Kompass a/c again as they haven't gotten back to my previous 3 messages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Yes you need those documents but I meant the documents can't be uploaded tonight at 9pm. They will Email everyone in the quota within 48 hours requesting the documents and payment!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CitySlicker99

Hi folks,

I know people are still getting their CALs today but I am slightly concerned. After making payment and uploading passport & CV (that was all I needed to do thus far right? I didn't print off and post the letter that cam onscreen after making payment as official Kompass correspondance didn't say anything about this). But my main point is, those "14 days" will be up tomorror aw 9am (i.e. I received that letter at 9am 13 days ago). Has it been this close to the 14-day mark for anyone else?

Thanks for clarification

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Got my CAL :)

Gotta do the applying for a friend who's working later though, it never ends.

Kersmash wrote: »

stress of that ! especially if somewhats it then again no offence to you kersmash it if was me dunno if i want anyone doing it for me ya know lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Kersmash wrote: »

Time received?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭LilyCullen

I honestly feel like I'm going to puke with the fear.

My brother did this last year when they took 2 days to go..

Every second is going to count

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jack157

F5 F5 F5 F5

REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Hey, is it 8 or 9 that it's opening?

• Advertisement

billy2012 wrote: »
    Hey, is it 8 or 9 that it's opening?

is that a real question at this point ?

Advertisement