Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

sjapok wrote: »
    Thanks! I asked IEC that question too but they never got back to me!

Someone earlier said that their might be restrictions on my wife working over there but surely that's nonsense. You can't discriminate on the grounds of being married surely!!

nope no restrictions only way is if she didnt apply and went as dependend on your visa she wouldnt be able to work i believe .but if she applys for her own and gets it theres no issue at all nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Anyone else with foreign-language certs? I've read that you do and don't need a translation...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

nope no restrictions only way is if she didnt apply and went as dependend on your visa she wouldnt be able to work i believe .but if she applys for her own and gets it theres no issue at all nope

Thanks a lot GoingItAlone. I'm all set for the Visa at this stage although I'm not going until Jan 2015 :-)

sjapok wrote: »
    Thanks a lot GoingItAlone. I'm all set for the Visa at this stage although I'm not going until Jan 2015 :-)

im in the same boat when going i mean id like to go as early as i can but i could wait till september or so of this year maybe and head over if not it be january depends when i can get decent flights prices and whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

same yeah my certs the 26th of november so i mean puts me to the end of febuary too

My Police Check is dated from the 15th of Nov. Can't win!

• Advertisement

EI-DOR wrote: »
    My Police Check is dated from the 15th of Nov. Can't win!

its easy enough for me to apply for another tho so dont take to long here anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17 miak

Anyone else with foreign-language certs? I've read that you do and don't need a translation...:o

I have the same question, I got Spanish Clearance yesterday but I presume I have to get it translated, got a quote of £30 so not too bad..

miak wrote: »
    I have the same question, I got Spanish Clearance yesterday but I presume I have to get it translated, got a quote of £30 so not too bad..

If I see anything about this I'll mention it here. I'm quite calm about it now to be honest, I might just wait for final word from CIC. Me, I'll contact lecturers from college. You did Erasmus too?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

EI-DOR wrote: »
    As Brolly said it will commence once you enter Canada so stop worrying :)

Haha sorry the smiley face was an accident. Only saw that now.

If I see anything about this I'll mention it here. I'm quite calm about it now to be honest, I might just wait for final word from CIC. Me, I'll contact lecturers from college. You did Erasmus too?

Did Erasmus and lived in Spain after Uni.. Are u gonna get Uni lecturers to translate for u? The translation crowd that I contacted can have translation done in a day so it's grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 sunnyirish

Hey is it def if your police certs end up being over 3 months by the time they release it - You have to get new ones even if its only out by a week or so? Just wondering in case, I know the Irish one is free but I've had to pay for a UK and Oz one so just wondered if id have to pay again, anyone know? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

For the Australia police cert and Irish Garda cert does it have to be less than 3 months old before the time I leave the country cause I dont plan on leaving till July

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

astonaidan wrote: »
    For the Australia police cert and Irish Garda cert does it have to be less than 3 months old before the time I leave the country cause I dont plan on leaving till July

There are 2 steps to the process. The first step confirms your place and the second one relates to an immigration process where you'll need your garda cert. Basically once stage 2 is complete you will get a letter of introduction which says that you must arrive to Canada within 1 year.

Thus the answer to your question above is no. You can get the Garda cert now, apply for your visa and still wait for up to a year before you set foot in Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

I got my garda cert back and it has a conviction on it - OK my fault but they spelt my name wrong and at the top in a box it says this is solely for the Australian authorities after I writing CANADA on it a few times,have to go back with it now.... JASUS

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ladilia

So I need an opinion cos I'm slightly worried

I received an email at the end of October to say that the quota for this year was not filled, and that I could continue my application for 2013. I've gotten through the other stages and have set up my MyCIC account. However, in the IEC letter I received to say that I could continue my application, I noticed that my address was still Canadian, and seeing as I'm back in Ireland now applying, will it affect my application even though when I started to apply I was in Canada? For my MyCIC letter they asked for my residential country and I put Ireland cos it's true, but obviously for my IEC one I had put Canada as it was from there at the time. I tried emailing them to see if it could be changed but it's been almost a month and no response. I'm sort of afraid to continue my application because of this as I'm worried it won't be accepted because I'm not in Canada

Anyone any help for this? Even a phone number I could speak to someone about it? I'm kinda worried about it!!! Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭edgy

Hey can you only apply for the IEC visa is online? Or do you download forms and fill them in and send them off?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 S.Brolly

edgy wrote: »
    Hey can you only apply for the IEC visa is online? Or do you download forms and fill them in and send them off?

Apply online only. Set up kompass account when the process opens.then follow the instructions..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

The first round of UK visas went in 20 mins! That was 2000 visas so in theory the Irish ones should go in about an hour and 40 mins.

bopper wrote: »
    The first round of UK visas went in 20 mins! That was 2000 visas so in theory the Irish ones should go in about an hour and 40 mins.

Yeah need to be at the ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Hi, can anyone help please. I need to apply for oz cert as lived there few years ago. I'm not sure I filled out the correct form - is it NPC that you complete? Also can I ask how long anyone was waiting who received it? also for identification I was going to use passport (scan), utility bill (pdf) and credit card details. I need to print out and sign the NCP - is there any way to avoid this? Also re: driving cert - I wasnt driving when there at all but just emailed victoria roads authority asking to confirm same. Sorry for all the questions, just hope I havent left it too late to get all this sorted in time for phase 2!

• Advertisement

Hi, can anyone help please. I need to apply for oz cert as lived there few years ago. I'm not sure I filled out the correct form - is it NPC that you complete? Also can I ask how long anyone was waiting who received it? also for identification I was going to use passport (scan), utility bill (pdf) and credit card details. I need to print out and sign the NCP - is there any way to avoid this? Also re: driving cert - I wasnt driving when there at all but just emailed victoria roads authority asking to confirm same. Sorry for all the questions, just hope I havent left it too late to get all this sorted in time for phase 2!

You should get it in two weeks. Of course you have to print it out and sign it, you need to give them permission to actually perform the police check. I can't imagine you'll need the driving cert if you didn't actually drive over there.

Once you reach phase two you have six months to sort out police checks and whatever other documents you might be asked for, so don't panic too much just yet.

S.Brolly wrote: »
    Yeah need to be at the ready!

Yeah should be ready but I can't see there being as fast going as the UK iec

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Thank you so much Bopper! Mind is a bit at ease now..i just wouldn't have access to printer and scanner until next Monday..but this should be fine now by the sound of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Right lads, just been trough the process applying with my other half who is a British Citizen. It opened at 3 p.m. On some other forums, people had said they had firefox,chrome,internet explorer,safari opened all at once just in case (which is a bit silly because you are just further clogging upthe page)

So I faked a doctors appointment, got home for half two and spent an agonising half hour waiting. 3 o clock on the button, I hit 'register kompass account'. Basically you fill in your country, an email address and a password. Be aware, the password needs to contain one upper case, be between 8 - 12 charactars and contain a symbol !&@ etc. This threw me because I just used a password that I have used for a while, but it didnt contain a symbol, so I had to resubmit it. Once you confirm this, you get a notice to say you've been sent a confirmation email to activate the account.

Activated her account and logged in. More of the same, fill out details, address contact numbers etc and three security questions. The usual format we use for address didn't fit in their spaces but I'm assuming it'll be ok. Once you have that done, you get a WTN number. I got everything done in about 7 minutes, and she was number 675. By about quarter past three on some of the forums, people were posting that the quota had closed and they had missed out. So you need to be quick. Once you hit 'submit' you cant change anything. Also, if you hit 'submit' more than once, they use your last click, so in effect you could end up with a higher WTN number.

Cue the panic, I worried all evening in case I messed something up, but then saw you can view your file, and all was ok. About 7 this evening she got the request (as a message in her Kompass account) to upload payment and a copy of the ID page of the passport. The payment is very easy, it directs you to a secure site (think it was netbanx) and you can pay by debit or credit card. Then uploaded the passport. So now waiting on further instruction.

Like I say, this is for the UK one, but I assume our one will be similar. I was expecting to have to upload the CV, passport straight away. But its more straight forward, you just put basic details and once you get your WTN you are out of the rat race, and can relax and upload the other stuff. Would be more of a panic uploading that while still racing against everyone.

So now just may wait and see. The countdown to opening is horrible, I got the IEC in 2011 and posted it all on paper - much easier.

Oh one more thing, on some forums, second time applicants were asked for their previous WTN number so I would have that handy.

Posted this in the other thread
    Lawlesz wrote: »
    Right lads, just been trough the process applying with my other half who is a British Citizen. It opened at 3 p.m. On some other forums, people had said they had firefox,chrome,internet explorer,safari opened all at once just in case (which is a bit silly because you are just further clogging upthe page)

So I faked a doctors appointment, got home for half two and spent an agonising half hour waiting. 3 o clock on the button, I hit 'register kompass account'. Basically you fill in your country, an email address and a password. Be aware, the password needs to contain one upper case, be between 8 - 12 charactars and contain a symbol !&@ etc. This threw me because I just used a password that I have used for a while, but it didnt contain a symbol, so I had to resubmit it. Once you confirm this, you get a notice to say you've been sent a confirmation email to activate the account.

Activated her account and logged in. More of the same, fill out details, address contact numbers etc and three security questions. The usual format we use for address didn't fit in their spaces but I'm assuming it'll be ok. Once you have that done, you get a WTN number. I got everything done in about 7 minutes, and she was number 675. By about quarter past three on some of the forums, people were posting that the quota had closed and they had missed out. So you need to be quick. Once you hit 'submit' you cant change anything. Also, if you hit 'submit' more than once, they use your last click, so in effect you could end up with a higher WTN number.

Cue the panic, I worried all evening in case I messed something up, but then saw you can view your file, and all was ok. About 7 this evening she got the request (as a message in her Kompass account) to upload payment and a copy of the ID page of the passport. The payment is very easy, it directs you to a secure site (think it was netbanx) and you can pay by debit or credit card. Then uploaded the passport. So now waiting on further instruction.

Like I say, this is for the UK one, but I assume our one will be similar. I was expecting to have to upload the CV, passport straight away. But its more straight forward, you just put basic details and once you get your WTN you are out of the rat race, and can relax and upload the other stuff. Would be more of a panic uploading that while still racing against everyone.

So now just may wait and see. The countdown to opening is horrible, I got the IEC in 2011 and posted it all on paper - much easier.

Oh one more thing, on some forums, second time applicants were asked for their previous WTN number so I would have that handy.

Thank you so much for that. I can't believe they went so quick! Good luck to everyone!

Lawlesz wrote: »

How does it know if you're a second time applicant? Do they ask?

bopper wrote: »
    How does it know if you're a second time applicant? Do they ask?

Sorry I think it was participant as opposed to applicant. But yes they ask if you've been on an iec before. There's quite a lot of boxes you need to read and tick that you've understood etc

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how it works. :)

Did the UK one give notice of an opening date? The Irish one as you know still doesn't have a date. If there's no date yet, there's less of a need to be permenantly connected to the internet? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yeah should be ready but I can't see there being as fast going as the UK iec

My thoughts exactly but might be a little naive.. The way things are in this country id say there are loads waiting .some nail biting going on over the head if this process opening lol

Advertisement