Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭EireCelt

After 3 heart attacks I finally got through 5723, but i'v got no emails or confirmation, is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

The person with wtn 7700 submitted application at 21.19. Wonder if it was slower than round 1 because of the technical issues people seemed to have had. Getting kicked out etc.

Edit:21.17 !

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pyrosever

guest124 wrote: »
    The person with wtn 7700 submitted application at 21.19. Wonder if it was slower than round 1 because of the technical issues people seemed to have had. Getting kicked out etc.

I think that's it. Just from following the thread here, it seemed like people were getting through very slowly for about 15 minutes, then suddenly 2000 applications got through almost at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

I'd have thought so servers where being hammeredm . Anyways not the time to celebrate peeps . Sort out getting your docs upload and pay your fee as soon as your get the email too .then wait on your cal then your half way . Once your get your cic account sorted and you get your Poe then it's time to have a drink

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Imo1993

Number 7470 praying I made it!! Anyone elses page just freeze! I was doing it on my iphone and it wouldn't refresh for like 15 minutes most stressful 15 minutes of my life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

Really, really, really pleased.

Shout out to goingitalone, who has been answering my stupid questions willingly for the past two months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

hi all, if your number was 7700 or under does that mean that you got the visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

how u know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yaknowmyname

5253 my god that was terrifying... on the laptop refreshing since 8pm

ckgirl wrote: »
    how u know that?

She posted she was 7700 on Facebook so I asked her when she submitted it!

• Advertisement

kevin306 wrote: »
    hi all, if your number was 7700 or under does that mean that you got the visa?

Nope just means your in the quota to apply for it . Doesn't mean you will get it . If your eligible and docs in order should be no issue tho

Any body else have it happen to them where when you got the receipt it said for example:

DUBLN-IE-14-WHP-005189

and then when you log back in now it says:

DUBLN-IE-14-WHP-005632

??

and now its giving me a lower number???

ya my girlfriend was 8356 and i was 6000 and something so does this mean my girlfriend could still be in for a chance ;/

if she got 8000, that means she is on the waiting list, if it said in the receipt waiting list I think.

kevin306 wrote: »
    ya my girlfriend was 8356 and i was 6000 and something so does this mean my girlfriend could still be in for a chance ;/

I assume she's on a waiting list then?

if she got 8000, that means she is on the waiting list, if it said in the receipt waiting list I think.

She went into my IEC application and it doest say waiting list when it submitted for her they said they will send a message in 48hours

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

That, or if the young professionals/internships aren't taken, maybe they will reallocate them to WHV's....

They aren't going to do this they said at the jobs expo they might but I emailed the IEC the other day and they said they will not be doing this because they need to give people time for the young professionals to find work. Loads of people will end up dropping out anyway only thing is anyone on the waiting list will have to wait a minimum of 3 months to find out.

Luckily I got my job offer confirmed today so can now apply through the Young professionals. I suggest to anyone who didn't get through try your best to get a job offer because it could be your only hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I'd have thought so servers where being hammeredm . Anyways not the time to celebrate peeps . Sort out getting your docs upload and pay your fee as soon as your get the email too .then wait on your cal then your half way . Once your get your cic account sorted and you get your Poe then it's time to have a drink

I think I'll have a little beer anyway

What's a CAL and POE.

Secondly, what are the chances of now getting an actual visa having secured a place in the quota?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

TheShizz wrote: »
    What's a CAL and POE.

Secondly, what are the chances of now getting an actual visa having secured a place in the quota?

Provided you don't mess up your application and you have no criminal record you're pretty much guaranteed a visa.

What's a CAL and POE.

Should be no issue once you have all your documents in order . Conditional letter of acceptance your get that if your passed at the kompass stage the point of entry letter that's your letter you get after stage 2 if successful

What's a CAL and POE.

Cal = conditional acceptance letter. Basically ‘passed stage1 go to stage2‘
    Poe = port of entry. Basically ‘passed stage2 go to canada', it's your letter of invitation/visa.

I may be over-thinking things now, but I look rough in my passport photo; unshaven, shaggy hair. I don't have a criminal record, but I look like I do so will this possibly cost me a visa? I can imagine someone over there looking at my picture and saying to himself "this lad isn't coming here" before stamping a bit red 'REJECT' on my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

I've just lost out because my email didnt verify at the very end, its the same email address I've been using throughout and logged in with, what a crock of ****.

I may be over-thinking things now, but I look rough in my passport photo; unshaven, shaggy hair. I don't have a criminal record, but I look like I do so will this possibly cost me a visa? I can imagine someone over there looking at my picture and saying to himself "this lad isn't coming here" before stamping a bit red 'REJECT' on my case.
    Nah sure if that's the case Wouldnt have gotten mine either man and I was one the first. It will have no issue

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Nah sure if that's the case Wouldnt have gotten mine either man and I was one the first. It will have no issue

Looks like there are a few thousand on the waiting list...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

I got in at 45xx :) happy days!!! so long suck country!! :D

Looks like there are a few thousand on the waiting list...

Well I'd say couple of hundred rather the thousand haven't seen a number more the 8000 mentioned on here

• Advertisement

When will you be notified if you are the waiting list? would it be straight away or after the 48 hours

Advertisement