Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dogg2

Good luck to all that got it, Sorry for the guys that didnt. Thanks to all posting here that helped with questions, Helped a lot. Hope the next few steps go well. Where are most people planning to go over there? Im between Toronto and Calgary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

gg2 wrote: »
    Log into your kompass account again and see what status it gives underneath "progress" if it says "locked" that means it has been submitted.
    Dogg2 wrote: »
    Good luck to all that got it, Sorry for the guys that didnt. Thanks to all posting here that helped with questions, Helped a lot. Hope the next few steps go well. Where are most people planning to go over there? Im between Toronto and Calgary

Heading for Banff to go work in the mountain resorts for winter season hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Kod-box wrote: »
    I've just lost out because my email didnt verify at the very end, its the same email address I've been using throughout and logged in with, what a crock of ****.

That is very strange.... Could you try for young professionals?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

Just got my acceptance letter. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Imo1993

moneymad wrote: »
    Just got my acceptance letter. :)

Thats quick what number were you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

Imo1993 wrote: »
    Thats quick what number were you

I applied in the first round. was no 67

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

I've just lost out because my email didnt verify at the very end, its the same email address I've been using throughout and logged in with, what a crock of ****.

Oh no Have you logged out & back in again. You can get on Waiting list still if you havent so far . Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Oh no Have you logged out & back in again. You can get on Waiting list still if you havent so far . Good luck

I'm sure the waiting list is up there now

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

There were definitely a few more bugs this time round. Very frustrating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

I got in Finally at number 8906, so slim to zero chance of getting in now :(

Had tried logging in and out and using different browsers but finally tried it off a completely different laptop and worked, ffs, head-wrecking :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

My girlfriend is 8356 and her progress says 'locked' so this might be a good thing!

Had tried logging in and out and using different browsers but finally tried it off a completely different laptop and worked, ffs, head-wrecking :(

That's very strange. Definitely some weird bugs this time round. I hope you get it.

Mine says locked too, just means we're on a waiting list I'd assume?

What does it say under your progress?

I am presuming that the need to put the number 5 in was to prevent Visa First and such places from applying for people?
    Did anyone actually get one with them last time round?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

I am presuming that the need to put the number 5 in was to prevent Visa First and such places from applying for people?
    Number 5 ?
    Nope haven't heard that anyone did at all with visa first

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Imo1993

Is anyone heading over on there own!?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bilbop

Ye I am

kevin306 wrote: »
    What does it say under your progress?

says locked

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

I sacked them after they failed to get me one in the first round. I was disgusted, and didn't like the fact that my fate was in their hands for round two.

Good decision, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

I finally got onto Stage TWO :D after weeks of waiting

says locked
    I presume it still means you and my girlfriend are on the waiting list so disappointing i was 6000 and something so looks like i will be pulling out because she prob wont get it

Number 5 ?
    Nope haven't heard that anyone did at all with visa first

You had to type in "5" in the final part to ensure you weren't an automated device:)

Haven't heard a thing about visa first one way or another, be interested to hear if they had any success

I presume it still means you and my girlfriend are on the waiting list so disappointing i was 6000 and something so looks like i will be pulling out because she prob wont get it

I got mine during round 1, myself and OH had discussed us not getting his tonight, one of our options was to keep mine, hold off as long as possible in filling in all relevent forms before getting the POE and for him to apply for one next year and go out together or, if they are late out again next year, me to go out and get set up and for him to meet me when he got his. Could this be an option for you? Or the young professional catagory?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

I applied for a mate tonight after me being successful myself in round 1.

Way more stressful doing it for someone else, especially with tonights **** up. I had sorted myself in round 1 within 3 minutes so at 9.10 tonight I let him know that it wasn't looking good and hes missed out.. Finally got through at 9.15.. hes absolutely chuffed.

Ye really can appreciate just how **** it would be for those not getting through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

WTN is 584X

Am THRILLED!! Was waiting since 8:00, had about 10 tabs open
    so that if one tossed me off I had more to go, hairy moment when it kept telling me my Password was wrong. Then all of a sudden it just went through for me. Now to get the rest done so I can get organised and leave!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Imo1993 wrote: »
    Is anyone heading over on there own!?
    bilbop wrote: »
    Ye I am

Me too!

That sucks man, Do you not have 2 years to use these visas or is it a year from acceptance?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Starperson

Visa First washed there hands with all applicants after the first round, as they said they're would be no way they could secure a place for people.

• Advertisement

TheShizz wrote: »
    I sacked them after they failed to get me one in the first round. I was disgusted, and didn't like the fact that my fate was in their hands for round two.

Good decision, though.

Fair play - did you get sorted tonight? Also had you paid them? Did you receive a refund?

Advertisement