Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 carroll123

I received my cal at 21:53, so ****ing happy after all the stress of not being able to submit documents. was helping my aunt help four lads with theirs tonight and they all got in. its a ****ing good night!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭MrMojoRisin'

Has anyone else who successfully got their WTN in the first round and payed and submitted everything correctly still _not_ received a CAL yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Tea rocks

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for posting helpful information on this and other IEC 2014 threads in the past few weeks/months. I missed out on the first round and was gutted.

In the second I went through 15 mins of hell when the applicant validation section malfunctioned about 40 times and logged me out twice. I thought it was curtains at 21:21 but when I logged back in for the second time I was greeted by the sight of a notification to let me know that I got a WTN (which apparently is the equivalent of getting your foot in the door during the mad rush).

I really hope it's worked out for everyone :)
    That was torture!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Tea rocks wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for posting helpful information on this and other IEC 2014 threads in the past few weeks/months. I missed out on the first round and was gutted.

In the second I went through 15 mins of hell when the applicant validation section malfunctioned about 40 times and logged me out twice. I thought it was curtains at 21:21 but when I logged back in for the second time I was greeted by the sight of a notification to let me know that I got a WTN (which apparently is the equivalent of getting your foot in the door during the mad rush).

I really hope it's worked out for everyone :)
    That was torture!

what was you wtn ? so you know if you in the wquota or on the waiting list once your under the 7700 your grand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Imo1993 wrote: »
    Is anyone heading over on there own!?

I'd imagine a good majority are! Would make for an interesting poll actually.

• Advertisement

what was you wtn ? so you know if you in the wquota or on the waiting list once your under the 7700 your grand
    WTN ends with 5675. Thanks Goingitalone. So delighted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yaknowmyname

Hi without looking back over 60 or so pages, whats the normal wait time to get the message to upload your documents / pay the fee? And did anybody have issues with this? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dogg2

Me too!

So am I , Where are you guys going

What does the 'WHP' mean? DUBLN-IE-14-WHP-005675…?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dogg2

Just got mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭MrMojoRisin'

Dogg2 wrote: »
    Just got mine

Your CAL ? If so what date did you pay the fee and upload documents? I payed and submitted mine 19th March, still not received CAL yet. Getting fairly worried reading about everyone who got theirs this evening..

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Tea rocks wrote: »
    What does the 'WHP' mean? DUBLN-IE-14-WHP-005675…?

Working Holiday Program.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

The relief I feel right now cant be put into words. 15 minutes of torture and nerves waiting to just get past that final screen and submit the application to get my WTN, 608X. Feel sorry for anyone who lost out on a visa due to that glitch with the final submit, really harsh since it was out of your hands. It was just a lottery this second round, even for the highly prepared.

Looking at the IEC homepage, its weird that they haven't updated yet to say its closed. A lot of people have been put on the waiting list so theres still hope for people who have gotten a WTN number especially if the number is not much higher than 7700

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Imo1993

Ive made a POLL just to get an idea of who's doing it solo in Canada this year and who either going with someone or knows someone over there! Would appreciate a vote just so we can all get an idea! Its on my threads page

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Dogg2 wrote: »
    So am I , Where are you guys going

Aiming for Banff to try get work in the mountain resorts for winter season! Ive been on to most of the resorts already and their hiring process doesn't begin until July/August but one crowd said if i really wanted seasonal work id want to be over for October. There's also the option of going with The Working Holiday Club who for a fee guarantee you a job in the mountain resort but its pricey and i don't know if i want to work in Whistler id say it will be hectic there.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Aiming for Banff to try get work in the mountain resorts for winter season! Ive been on to most of the resorts already and their hiring process doesn't begin until July/August but one crowd said if i really wanted seasonal work id want to be over for October. There's also the option of going with The Working Holiday Club who for a fee guarantee you a job in the mountain resort but its pricey and i don't know if i want to work in Whistler id say it will be hectic there.

Heading for the resorts myself. In a lucky enough position I have a fair bit of experience working in the industry so for once I'll be making the choice of what job to take instead of looking for an offer anywhere!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

gg2 wrote: »
    Aw thanks! Glad you got sorted too, its mad I'm here looking for posters that I remember not getting through the last time to see how they got on!!! I wonder did TMCG get sorted?

In the spirit of things, was in Canada a few years ago for a while, this was our song when we were over there

Aw lads. I think this may be the best April Fools Day EVER! I actually got my place after 6 months of prep (YAYY!) and the boyfriend will be sleeping a bit easier tonight over in Canada!

I say we have a big Boards.ie sesh in Immigration! Champers on the IEC folks fo' sho! Gonna miss all you guys and not refreshing the aul' iec page every day. 6 months of hell - what can I say, its not been as bad with you folks here! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

Imo1993 wrote: »
    Is anyone heading over on there own!?

I am, headed to Toronto on my own in Jan next year hopefully.

Got ny message and submitted passport, cv and payment. Hopefully won't be long to move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Snuggie

Hi so happy to have got a place this time, been preparing since November!. Anyone heading for Calgary?. Myself and my OH are hoping to head over in October

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Zola lola

Hi, got a letter in my message inbox at 01:55 from IEC, saying am on waiting list. my WTN is 7702

Zola lola wrote: »
    Hi, got a letter in my message inbox at 01:55 from IEC, saying am on waiting list. my WTN is 7702

You'll be fine, there will definitely be 2 people who don't complete or get rejected .

Wonder what the highest wtn issued is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Delighted for all of you who managed to get a place!! My mate who was heartbroken at missing out in round 1 managed to get one this time, so panic is over!

Come join us old hands pacing the floor waiting for our Conditional Letters of Acceptance :D

(I'm smiling because if I don't, I'll cry. Day 18 in the Big Brother House and Lolli is STILL waiting on her CAL).

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yaknowmyname

Congrats to all that got one, sorry to those that didn't. Did anyone that got there's in the second round still waiting on the message saying they can upload documents and pay the fee, my wtn is 52xx still have not been able to upload document but my girlfriend who got 56xx got her message last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

Got in at number 42**, was fairly nerve wracking at 8.59pm when everything looked like it had stopped loading! :D

No message about payment or documents yet, but it's locked so I'm hoping all will be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

guest124 wrote: »
    You'll probably have cal before the people here that have been waiting 18 days! :p

I did actually, submitted cv and passport and had CAL in under 24 hours:D

Skalragg wrote: »

Are you sh*tting me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sheng

Congrats to all that got one, sorry to those that didn't. Did anyone that got there's in the second round still waiting on the message saying they can upload documents and pay the fee, my wtn is 52xx still have not been able to upload document but my girlfriend who got 56xx got her message last night

my bf and myself still haven't received any message, still waitng. my wtn 50** and my bf is 60**... :confused:

Skalragg wrote: »
    Are you sh*tting me?!

Seriously if that's true I'm livid. On what planet is that fair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

Are you sh*tting me?!

I have a place from the first opening of places (13th March ) , there was a technical issue with some peoples account such as mine where I couldnt actually submit the documents. When they fixed the fault they obviously rushed the people affected through

Advertisement