Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

ah el dor says up to 14days but could be longer but you shoulf use the search function on here and you find all your answers to your questions will be probably be answerd several times .

Indeed. This thread is now at 340 pages because the same Questions have been asked time and time again. It really should be locked. There isn't anything new to add!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Indeed. This thread is now at 340 pages because the same Questions have been asked time and time again. It really should be locked. There isn't anything new to add!

I'm only at 170 pages! You should really add more posts per page ;) Nobody is going to go back and read through the whole thread when they can just ask again and someone helpful will usually answer

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Nobody is going to go back and read through the whole thread when they can just ask again and someone helpful will usually answer

If the Mods decide to lock this thread they will have to read back through it all which should be the case. Typing a Question into Google and putting "Boards.ie" after the Question will usually pinpoint that Question within a few pages in one of the previous threads or this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Folks, I have a scan of my passport done. I need to get myself a visa for a holiday I am going on soon and will need to send my passport to the Chinese Embassy for a week some time in April. Presumably there is no urgent need for Canada to see my physical passport (excluding my scan) this month?

Also, if your passport is due to expire in the next year, I presume you just need to get a new one before you go to Canada.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pyke96

Got my CAL this eve and I only applied this time last night. Uploaded docs and paid today! Wasn't expecting it to be that fast! Well appy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Starperson

Got my number last night 47XX and received my message for payment and documents at 2:46am, paid and all, documents uploaded grand.

Just to point out, you need to save your Resume as a PDF.

Will let you know when I get CAL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

pyke96 wrote: »
    Got my CAL this eve and I only applied this time last night. Uploaded docs and paid today! Wasn't expecting it to be that fast! Well appy!

Nice! I hope mine is sorted as quick i only uploaded and paid around 5pm today so hopefully i wont have to wait too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Has anyone else not received their Message for payment etc?
    Anyone that was in the region of 38XX last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Zola lola

Starperson wrote: »
    Got my number last night 47XX and received my message for payment and documents at 2:46am, paid and all, documents uploaded grand.

Just to point out, you need to save your Resume as a PDF.

Will let you know when I get CAL!!!

Hi there... did u scan ur passport or just take a pic with ur phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Nothing here yet either. In the 5100s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

got the notification of submission message at 20.00. just payed and now to upload the documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 amr_lady

Has anyone else not received their Message for payment etc?
    Anyone that was in the region of 38XX last night?

Yeah, I'm still waiting and I'm 38XX. Bloody annoying after getting through so quickly thought it'd get done first!! Oh well, I suppose most getting it first had a more stressful time applying last night with site going haywire so it's fair enough!

Fingers crossed thy get through all the applications today for the first step anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

amr_lady wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm still waiting and I'm 38XX. Bloody annoying after getting through so quickly thought it'd get done first!! Oh well, I suppose most getting it first had a more stressful time applying last night with site going haywire so it's fair enough!

Fingers crossed thy get through all the applications today for the first step anyway

I hope so.. I may not survive the night ha ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Zola lola wrote: »

Either or is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Zola lola

Either or is fine

Great thanks a mill...;) my scanner just broke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Should I have my bank details uploaded at this stage? Viewed pdf of my application and the payment section is basically blank. Thought I had filled everything out. :worried:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Snuggie

Myself and my OH just got our Cal's. Only applied last night, paid up 9:30 this morning. Very relieved, missed out on round 1 and was so gutted, we were afraid same would happen again. Good luck to everyone waiting on their Cal's hope ye get them soon. Who hoo Canada!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

Got my Cal a couple of hours ago. I was part of the second lot, wtn 59xx and paid at around 11 pm as soon as I got the message.

Very happy. Hope the first rounders that were waiting have heard back as well

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Just a quick question did you get your Cal in your messages on your Kompass account? For some reason i cant read my messages from the pdf file even after updating adobe reader so i'm a little confused.

GerPower wrote: »
    Just a quick question did you get your Cal in your messages on your Kompass account? For some reason i cant read my messages from the pdf file even after updating adobe reader so i'm a little confused.

Are you viewing them in your web browser or opening the file from a folder? For some reason mine auto opened in a web browser but I couldn't view so I downloaded them and viewed in folder and then opened up and I could read them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Neverlaydown

Hey

Did anybody apply through Visafirst or are apply yourself?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Yeah the browser but i should of realised they were saved in my downloads folder so problem solved thanks. Another question for yeah how did you receive your Cal was it by email or in the messages section so many process to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

Anybody still waiting for the first email after securing a place in the quota? I've heard absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭EireCelt

Submitted last night 57XX, still have got no message, have Police Certificate dated 7th January just wondering will this be ok or should I apply for a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

TheShizz wrote: »
    Anybody still waiting for the first email after securing a place in the quota? I've heard absolutely nothing.
    EireCelt wrote: »
    Submitted last night 57XX, still have got no message, have Police Certificate dated 7th January just wondering will this be ok or should I apply for a new one?

Still waiting here too, in the 51xx's can be up to 48 hours though so no need to panic.....yet... :)

think the cert is valid for 3months eirecelt so might not be a bad idea to get a new one, don't know how long it will be until u get ur CAL

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

That's a relief. I'm very impatient.

For the people who have already paid: is it just a routine electronic payment with card number, expiry and security code etc? On the actual application it says address of branch and sort/iban code and all this nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I have to stop reading this thread. I was happily waiting for my email but your all getting me in a panic

Grimebox wrote: »
    I have to stop reading this thread. I was happily waiting for my email but your all getting me in a panic

I don't think there's anything to worry about till it goes over time. There's so many applicants. They say 48hrs, some will get sooner, others later

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

TheShizz wrote: »
    That's a relief. I'm very impatient.

For the people who have already paid: is it just a routine electronic payment with card number, expiry and security code etc? On the actual application it says address of branch and sort/iban code and all this nonsense.

thats it ya, dont ask last bit... payed and documents uploaded wait around 14 days...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Starperson

Zola lola wrote: »

I scanned my passport I have a 3 in one printer thing! But I would imagine a decent phone (iPhone/Samsung) without flash, would suffice, as they allow JPG files.

Advertisement