Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Starperson

GerPower wrote: »
    Just a quick question did you get your Cal in your messages on your Kompass account? For some reason i cant read my messages from the pdf file even after updating adobe reader so i'm a little confused.

If you are using MAC/iPhone the messages wont open in Safari, you will need to download or use FIREFOX/CHROME and they will open then (thats what I had to do!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Fiiiiinally got my CAL at 4.17pm!!!!:D

Thank you to everyone who's been so nice (even sending my PMs of support!) along the way-see y'all in Stage 2!!

Delighted for you! Long time coming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yaknowmyname

Jesus, girlfriend got her visa in round 2 last night, paid last night, and got her CAL today! that was fast

• Registered Users Posts: 24 amr_lady

Finally got notification to submit documents at 07:15am this morning and was number 38XX from Round 2 !!

Just paid and uploaded documents so here's hoping they're working through the night over there...help reduce the stress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Finally received my message. They obviously worked backwards. Phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 barrydarcy

How close did people stay to the IEC CV template? I had a full 2 pages which contained all the information requests in the IEC format and a little bit more. Have people literally just copy and pasted the template and made specific to their details or have people just used this as a guideline?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

I got the all-clear to upload documents and payment.

However, I have two passport pics ready to send; one which shows that opposite page to the ID is completely clear, while the other picture is pretty much just my ID page.

Which one to send?

But it just says "A clear, legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport" so I'm assuming it's just the ID page they're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I got it. Uploaded and all. See you in stage 2 which seems infinitely more complicated. Anyone using usit?

I've done all documents and payment.

Is it just a waiting game from here on in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 dos1698

Hello All,

Im wondering if any of you have not yet heard the good news but have instead been placed on the waiting list? My application was completed and Submitted at 21:19 in the second round but I have now been placed on the waiting list. Needless to say Im gutted and feel very hard done by. So my number is WHP-00795* and im wondering if any of you have been on the waiting list in the past and what are my chances looking like? Im being realistic and I dont think 250 people will pull out of the programme at this stage. What a disaster of a system!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yaknowmyname

I read online that the average of dropouts / rejections etc are around 500 so you might be in with a chance as your number is not that much above 7700, like some that got 8800+

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Snuggie

For the passport I just scanned the ID page of mine. You can see the last page also but that doesn't matter as mine is not a spare page it's a page that states my maiden name. Also I just used the CV template as a guide line, I had a two page CV. I got my Cal yesterday as did my husband, so it's all good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Is it just a scan of the main part of the passport??? Like the one page or do we do the whole thing spread out??

At what stage do we upload garda certificates?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 barrydarcy

dos1698 wrote: »
    Hello All,

Im wondering if any of you have not yet heard the good news but have instead been placed on the waiting list? My application was completed and Submitted at 21:19 in the second round but I have now been placed on the waiting list. Needless to say Im gutted and feel very hard done by. So my number is WHP-00795* and im wondering if any of you have been on the waiting list in the past and what are my chances looking like? Im being realistic and I dont think 250 people will pull out of the programme at this stage. What a disaster of a system!

I wouldn't worry too much! For you not to get a place 97% of people would have to go all the way with application. I would say a good lot of people applied for the sake of it and won't take the application forward. Best of luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Daithi89

Anybody reckon they might transfer some of the Young Prof/Internship places to the waitlist for the WHV category?

241 on the waitlist so don't know how I am fixed. Annoying given that I have been planning this for a year and people who decided last week have got CALs! Damn internet café computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Daithi89 wrote: »
    Anybody reckon they might transfer some of the Young Prof/Internship places to the waitlist for the WHV category?

241 on the waitlist so don't know how I am fixed. Annoying given that I have been planning this for a year and people who decided last week have got CALs! Damn internet café computer.

nope there no plans currently for them to do it . they need too give people time to find jobs someone here mailed them and they say theres no plans to at the minute or for the foreseable .annoying yeah im sure but regardless of whenever anyone decided there inst a more fair system really .

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

TheShizz wrote: »
    At what stage do we upload garda certificates?

stage 2 once you get CAL

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Snuggie

Just scan the ID page of passport that's all they want.

• Advertisement

Snuggie wrote: »
    Just scan the ID page of passport that's all they want.

Yes, as long it's clear and legible

GerPower wrote: »
    Yeah the browser but i should of realised they were saved in my downloads folder so problem solved thanks. Another question for yeah how did you receive your Cal was it by email or in the messages section so many process to this.

All correspondence is through the ''Messages'' section in your kompass account. You will get notified by email of a new message.

Can I ask those who've been approved?

My status has now moved onto eligibility assessment, got a message confirming payment and upload.

From your experience, did that happen and you got your CAL relatively quickly, or for those waiting 2 weeks, did that happen once you uploaded documents and you were still waiting ages?

Just trying to manage my expectations!

amr_lady wrote: »
    Can I ask those who've been approved?

My status has now moved onto eligibility assessment, got a message confirming payment and upload.

From your experience, did that happen and you got your CAL relatively quickly, or for those waiting 2 weeks, did that happen once you uploaded documents and you were still waiting ages?

Just trying to manage my expectations!

Everyone seems to have had different experiences in relation to getting CAL back. Mine took 3 weeks, others took a day or too. Just relax and wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Skalragg wrote: »
    Everyone seems to have had different experiences in relation to getting CAL back. Mine took 3 weeks, others took a day or too. Just relax and wait

what does cal stand for. Major blonde moment here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

shalalala wrote: »
    what does cal stand for. Major blonde moment here

Confirmation Acceptance Letter i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jluflynn

Hi quick question I've submitted my docs and made my payment, it says submitted for both on my kompass account but on the status of the overall application it still says documents and payment pending? Just want to check if this is the case for others or if the status should change to something else at this stage? Thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

jluflynn wrote: »
    Hi quick question I've submitted my docs and made my payment, it says submitted for both on my kompass account but on the status of the overall application it still says documents and payment pending? Just want to check if this is the case for others or if the status should change to something else at this stage? Thanks :-)

after you uploaded both did you click save or complete. Click complete and when you are back at the landing page the sections to upload and pay fees should be locked. if thats the case i think you're ok!

jluflynn wrote: »

No, that's normal. You et another message that says Documents and payment receive and the the status changes to Eligibilyy Assesment in progress. I upload last night about 10pm and got a new message this morning at 7am that changed the status.

I've no idea how long the next step will take presumably the same length as a piece of string

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 jluflynn

after you uploaded both did you click save or complete. Click complete and when you are back at the landing page the sections to upload and pay fees should be locked. if thats the case i think you're ok!

Yeah I hit complete and got a message to say all required info had been received and it then said submitted and locked. Think it may just be throwing me off that it says pending on the status still. After making the payment there was like a receipt and a place to sign at the bottom did this need to be signed? I thought it was ok cos I got a confirmation number and email for the payment?

Advertisement