Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

jluflynn wrote: »
    Yeah I hit complete and got a message to say all required info had been received and it then said submitted and locked. Think it may just be throwing me off that it says pending on the status still. After making the payment there was like a receipt and a place to sign at the bottom did this need to be signed? I thought it was ok cos I got a confirmation number and email for the payment?

I didnt sign it, i didnt see how you were supposed to! Apparently someone else didnt either and they said they already received their CAL so i wouldn't stress!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Smellysack

Yeah I didnt sign it and got my CAL

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jluflynn

Yeah I was thinking it didn't look like a requirement to sign it cos the website gave a confirmation number for the payment. Thanks for the info guys sets my mind at ease! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Howya,

Made payment and uploaded docs more than 24 hours ago - the application is now locked/submitted suggesting it has gone through but the status is:Submitted - Payment and required documents pending

Is this the same as you guys yeah?

In the back a$£e of Africa here and have no internet for the next 10 days so just wanted to check.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24 amr_lady

amr_lady wrote: »
    Can I ask those who've been approved?

My status has now moved onto eligibility assessment, got a message confirming payment and upload.

From your experience, did that happen and you got your CAL relatively quickly, or for those waiting 2 weeks, did that happen once you uploaded documents and you were still waiting ages?

Just trying to manage my expectations!

Looks like it was being worked on, just got my CAL!!! So you get a message when they're being worked on, an then the acceptance, woo hoo!

Best of luck to everyone else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I have a question not regarding the Irish IEC but for the Polish IEC, my Girlfriend is Polish and the IEC for Poland was just announced to open on the 8th. A few months ago it let her create a kompass account even though it was not yet open, So my question is will she need to create a new account when it opens? and how do you do this, do you need a different email?

Thanks

Looks like it was being worked on, just got my CAL!!! So you get a message when they're being worked on, an then the acceptance, woo hoo!

Best of luck to everyone else!

Awh Crap... my eligibility acceptance is still in progress! when did you upload the docs and pay?

Happys day for you though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 amr_lady

Awh Crap... my eligibility acceptance is still in progress! when did you upload the docs and pay?

Happys day for you though! :)

Cheers! 10pm last night I uploaded and paid. They confirm receipt this morning at 7am and had CAL by 4pm.

It seems completely random how they process things, but keep the faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Cheers! 10pm last night I uploaded and paid. They confirm receipt this morning at 7am and had CAL by 4pm.

Exactly you could be watingi the full 14 days or even longer so don't get that impatient with it yet

When you say you got the confirm receipt, you mean the message in the Kompass inbox i take it? I got that quite soon after uploading but nothing since. I hope i'm not going to be one of those left waiting the fortnight worrying if everything is ok :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭LilyCullen

Just got my CAL, it's really sinking in now, so excited.

EXCEPT...I have just realised my passport expires 25 Jun 2016...and since it has to do the duration of the 2 years I have to leave before June 23rd of this year...so the frantic scrambling to move to Toronto alone in two months is about to begin :0

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jluflynn

Cullen82 wrote: »
    Howya,

Made payment and uploaded docs more than 24 hours ago - the application is now locked/submitted suggesting it has gone through but the status is:Submitted - Payment and required documents pending

Is this the same as you guys yeah?

In the back a$£e of Africa here and have no internet for the next 10 days so just wanted to check.

Thanks

Hi yeah that's the status mine is at the minute I submitted docs and made payment at about 10pm yesterday. My girlfriend submitted hers there now this evening and hers says the same aswell so that pending payment and documents status seems normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 eamohal

Just got my POE :D delighted. Thanks so much to everyone who posted to my query's very much appreciated.

But I have one final query for someone out there. How on earth to you update passport information on Kompass account??

I have tried but the application still seems to be locked. I would rather solve this issue now before actually applying for the new passport.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 eamohal

Never mind figured it out.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

eamohal wrote: »
    Never mind figured it out.:rolleyes:

Please share with others. Both your posts offer no help to anyone in their current state. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭stevief01

When paying with someone else's credit card... is there anything you have to do to let iec know that it belongs to someone else???

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

stevief01 wrote: »
    When paying with someone else's credit card... is there anything you have to do to let iec know that it belongs to someone else???

Thanks

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 decos77

LilyCullen wrote: »
    Just got my CAL, it's really sinking in now, so excited.

EXCEPT...I have just realised my passport expires 25 Jun 2016...and since it has to do the duration of the 2 years I have to leave before June 23rd of this year...so the frantic scrambling to move to Toronto alone in two months is about to begin :0

I don't think your passport must last the two yrs but if you dont renew your passport before you enter the country then the visa will expire when your passport expires. My passport has July 2016 but I probably won't go for 2 years so I dont mind that.

Other ppl on this thread have went through the process and renewed their passport later so check this on IEC FAQ. You might not need to rush out there but I wouldn't blame you if you did. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

decos77 wrote: »
    I don't think your passport must last the two yrs but if you dont renew your passport before you enter the country then the visa will expire when your passport expires. My passport has July 2016 but I probably won't go for 2 years so I dont mind that.

Other ppl on this thread have went through the process and renewed their passport later so check this on IEC FAQ. You might not need to rush out there but I wouldn't blame you if you did. :D

You can renew your passport while your there as long you have keep a scan of the original

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭stevief01

GrumPy wrote: »
    Nope.

Cheers thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 icequeenx

i know its been said somewhere on this before, an i have look but can't see anything. but i need a hand with finding the CIC Come to Canada questionnaire. i have been on the web site, but cant see where to fill it in or should i wait till i have all the documents before i fill it in? sorry for wrecking heads...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JAMESYOB

hi just wondering whats the likely hood of getting accepted if on the waiting list?

JAMESYOB wrote: »
    hi just wondering whats the likely hood of getting accepted if on the waiting list?

who knows depends where you are on the waiting list and how many people drop out or refused . no one can really answer it really

any one here get to the cic stage yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jil

Hi guys,
    I am not a native English speaker and would I like to seek your advise in the following matter. In our country, during the registration process we had a question : "Are you applying under the WORKING HOLIDAY for students?" How would you translate this question to simple English? Are they asking if you are a student or if you would like a special kind of visa for students. Any advice greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sunflowa

I still haven't managed to upload my passport and cv, don't know what I'm doing wrong :(

The passport pic is a bmp file which is on the list of approved formats and the cv is a pdf but it won't let me upload it.

I get this message when I hit upload on either-

"404 - File or directory not found.
    The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

sunflowa wrote: »
    I still haven't managed to upload my passport and cv, don't know what I'm doing wrong :(

The passport pic is a bmp file which is on the list of approved formats and the cv is a pdf but it won't let me upload it.

I get this message when I hit upload on either-

"404 - File or directory not found.
    The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

you should change it to pdf..

aahhh I never took down the list of my checklist code is there anyway I can view this again....

icequeenx wrote: »
    aahhh I never took down the list of my checklist code is there anyway I can view this again....

Just redo the questionaire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 snapomg

Hi everyone

I luckily got a WTN number on Tuesday and uploaded my required documents and sent my $150 off on Wednesday night when requested but haven't had an email back to say they received anything. I did get a separate receipt to say the payment when through... Everything is 'submitted' and it says 'pending' One of my friends sent hers and has had an email from IEC to say she's to wait 14 days as they assess eligibility. What to do? Is anyone else waiting?

Advertisement