Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Just got my CAL WAHOOOO!!! :) On to stage two, thanks for all the info folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Has anybody ever been rejected in getting their CAL? I was never worried. Seems like a formality once you manage to get within the first 7000

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

My GF just got a place in the quote for IEC for poland and now she needs to upload documents, however her passport is slightly different to mine and on the page after her picture, it is full of government writing. Is this a blank page?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭darrenking

Has anybody who applied in round 2 received their CAL yet? I submitted and paid last Friday and am WTN 7596

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

darrenking wrote: »
    Has anybody who applied in round 2 received their CAL yet? I submitted and paid last Friday and am WTN 7596

Nope still waiting myself. Paid and uploaded last thursday. wtn 56**

• Advertisement

mossy14 wrote: »
    Nope still waiting myself. Paid and uploaded last thursday. wtn 56**

Did u open your cic account yet to fill out the other forms or are u waiting for the CAL

No i havent touched off cic yet just want to take one step at a time :)

mossy14 wrote: »
    No i havent touched off cic yet just want to take one step at a time :)

Good luck with your application mossy14

cheers darren. and the same to you

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Yeah I'm in the same boat as yourself and i paid, and submitted all the docs early last Wednesday. Others seem to have paid by Wednesday and have got word a few days later to confirm the acceptance letter, maybe we are in the slow pile as it is a civil service department we are dealing with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

GerPower wrote: »
    Yeah I'm in the same boat as yourself and i paid, and submitted all the docs early last Wednesday. Others seem to have paid by Wednesday and have got word a few days later to confirm the acceptance letter, maybe we are in the slow pile as it is a civil service department we are dealing with.

yeah theres no really method to how its done . you could be waiting the full 14 days plus seems its the luck of the draw . its really just the waiting game

Just as we are talking about it.. i just got my CAL there at 21:53. Trilled :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 icequeenx

can some one give me a link on how to sign the forms electronicly, cic stage...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ironmike84

icequeenx wrote: »
    can some one give me a link on how to sign the forms electronicly, cic stage...:(

You actually don't sign anything, you just fill out the imm1295 online through the adobe link and the signature part you do nothing just activate at the end of the page and follow the instructions ie. verify a CIC security question your name and submit, I got my Poe with 48 hours, any questions on the imm 1295 let me know, because I know how stressful the last part is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Snuggie

you dont need to send them the blank page of your passport. I didnt and received my POE early this morning. Submitted my cic doc's late sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

just received my CAL yesterday evening! taught i be waiting longer after paying last week...

anybody starting myCIC surly not that difficult, i found getting into the quota was the hardest!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 icequeenx

hi how did you get the digital photo??? and how long were you waiting for your garda clearence form. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HandMeDown

Ok so here's a question I probably should have asked a lot sooner (apologies etc):

If/when I receive my POE could I theoretically fly to Canada, activate my Work Permit, stay for a week and then return home for say 6 months. Then after 6 months, once I'm in a better position to leave, return to Canada making use of the 18months that would be left on my Work Permit?

If this sort of scenario is outlined anywhere on the IEC site could someone point me there please?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

HandMeDown wrote: »
    Ok so here's a question I probably should have asked a lot sooner (apologies etc):

If/when I receive my POE could I theoretically fly to Canada, activate my Work Permit, stay for a week and then return home for say 6 months. Then after 6 months, once I'm in a better position to leave, return to Canada making use of the 18months that would be left on my Work Permit?

If this sort of scenario is outlined anywhere on the IEC site could someone point me there please?

yes you can do this

icequeenx wrote: »
    hi how did you get the digital photo??? and how long were you waiting for your garda clearence form. thanks

Scan a decent passport size photo which is the same dimensions they're looking for 35mm by 45mm the overview scan will be A4 but will give you the option to minimize to the dimensions required. Keep all documents to a low dpi especially multiple 1s ie. passport pages with stamps and police certificates

• Advertisement

yes you can do this

That doesn't make much sense. When you get your Poe, you have a whole year to enter, and only then when you arrive does your 24 month visa start

Ironmike84 wrote: »
    Scan a decent passport size photo which is the same dimensions they're looking for 35mm by 45mm the overview scan will be A4 but will give you the option to minimize to the dimensions required. Keep all documents to a low dpi especially multiple 1s ie. passport pages with stamps and police certificates

or take a picture with your phone
    then use http://www.idphoto4you.com/
    and use canda then select visa and the single photo and it allow you to crop or adjust the picture , then save and upload .
    which is far handier .

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yaknowmyname

Go my POE this morning delegated :) good luck to all still waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 krishnalynn

Hi guys, I'm having an issue. I'm actually applying through a RO that still has room in the quota, but you guys are the most active forum so you might have a solution.

I made my first IEC account, and after I submitted all my documents I realized I forgot to put my middle name into "Given name" section as in my passport. Realized that that will get my application rejected. I withdrew that application about a week ago, but it still says its being processed and they'll give me the results back. To save time, I just made another account and began the application process again. Now the new account won't even let me submit documents yet because they're still confirming that I in the Recognized Organization, which previously took a day and now has been a week and nothing. And under status it says "Submitted--Overflow" even though my WTN is like 95.

Does anyone know what the hold-up would be? Has anyone had to submit more than one application and ran into similar issues? Thanks! I just want my letter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

Ironmike84 wrote: »
    That doesn't make much sense. When you get your Poe, you have a whole year to enter, and only then when you arrive does your 24 month visa start

Oh sorry i thought the validity of the POE went without saying :) didnt think to put that in cause i thought most people would no that ya no :)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

If you spot a mistake on the application form should you message them to correct it?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

HandMeDown wrote: »

Why waste 6 months? You can just wait and enter when you want to start your visa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 krishnalynn

Liam90 wrote: »
    If you spot a mistake on the application form should you message them to correct it?

I did message them, but after googling and looking on Facebook it doesn't really matter and they will outright reject you anyway. Plus, I haven't got a reply to any messages I've sent to them in the last week and a half. :/

Edit: oops sorry, i don't know if you were replying to me or asking an unrelated question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 united147

Hi guys,

Quick question regarding the CV part. I've followed the template they have provided but mine almost looks like a school project! Is the CV part important? Their template pretty much only wants you to list your edcuation and work history without much detail and some contact details. I'm really fussy when it comes to things like this!

Appreciate all the info posted so far.

• Advertisement

united147 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Quick question regarding the CV part. I've followed the template they have provided but mine almost looks like a school project! Is the CV part important? Their template pretty much only wants you to list your edcuation and work history without much detail and some contact details. I'm really fussy when it comes to things like this!

Appreciate all the info posted so far.

whats to be fussy about ? the cv isnt that important but just follow there template and it be fine

Advertisement