Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

I received my CAL yesterday.

However, I'm wondering if the hard part is done with, or is stage two tougher than the parts I have already completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Just out of curiosity when did you submit your documents, i have yet to receive my CAL and i submitted everything last Wednesday 02 April.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Rgdajd

Hi just reading through some of the posts here and none seem to give an estimate on the times but
    basically on Tuesday gone I submitted my payment which completed my application I haven't done anything since , when should I hear ? How long will it take and what is the next stage? (Yes I did all the other cv craic too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 krishnalynn

I think they must be tied up/taking longer than normal because I've been waiting more than a week just to get verified by my RO which it says should 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Was yesterday the last day to send in documents and pay the fee's?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

billy2012 wrote: »
    Was yesterday the last day to send in documents and pay the fee's?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HandMeDown

Oh sorry i thought the validity of the POE went without saying :) didnt think to put that in cause i thought most people would no that ya no :)

Thanks for the responses everyone. I thought the validity of the POE was only 90days :S But now I cant find where I pulled that number from. Where does it say you have a year?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

HandMeDown wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I thought the validity of the POE was only 90days :S But now I cant find where I pulled that number from. Where does it say you have a year?

The Conditional Acceptance Letter (CAL) you get during the Kompass stage is valid for 90 days, meaning you must proceed to the CIC stage within 90 days. The Point of Entry (POE) that you get at the end of stage 2 is valid for one year, meaning you have 1 year to enter Canada and activate your visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HandMeDown

Faith wrote: »
    The Conditional Acceptance Letter (CAL) you get during the Kompass stage is valid for 90 days, meaning you must proceed to the CIC stage within 90 days. The Point of Entry (POE) that you get at the end of stage 2 is valid for one year, meaning you have 1 year to enter Canada and activate your visa.

Ah I see. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

ok am getting nervous now... today is day 12 and still no response back !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Rgdajd

breghall wrote: »
    ok am getting nervous now... today is day 12 and still no response back !!

Me too I'm only on day 7 and no word, maybe they are inundated with applications.
    Any one find a number to ring?

All I can find is that stupid contact application form or the Canadian embassy who say they don't deal with IEC (although very nice and helpful) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Rgdajd wrote: »
    Me too I'm only on day 7 and no word, maybe they are inundated with applications.
    Any one find a number to ring?

All I can find is that stupid contact application form or the Canadian embassy who say they don't deal with IEC (although very nice and helpful) :pac:
    Wouldn't get too panicked .there was people from.round 1 that took longer then the 14 days

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Why is everyone panicked about how long it's taking? They still send you a letter even if you are rejected don't they?

Liam90 wrote: »
    Why is everyone panicked about how long it's taking? They still send you a letter even if you are rejected don't they?

they do plus if you were getting rejected wouldnt ya think that be done faster if that was the case

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ironmike84

HandMeDown wrote: »
    Ah I see. Thanks!

Sorry I think it's 60 days to submit required documents and not 90 days, they must have changed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ironmike84

they do plus if you were getting rejected wouldnt ya think that be done faster if that was the case

Everybody needs to calm down, you's will all get your conditional letter of acceptance, it takes up to 16 days or something, I got my on the 13th, it's not as if your leaving immediately or anything, your main worry is over, it's all guaranteed from on here on in

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Everyone worrying about having not yet received a CAL; Mine took 16 days in round one and some took longer I believe. You'll get it eventually :)

Ironmike84 wrote: »
    Everybody needs to calm down, you's will all get your conditional letter of acceptance, it takes up to 16 days or something, I got my on the 13th, it's not as if your leaving immediately or anything, your main worry is over, it's all guaranteed from on here on in

Well actually it's not guaranteed. It's only the first part of the process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 krishnalynn

Just got my CAL this morning!!!!! It took about 10 days but I'm so happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bilbop

I am a bit worried about my Garda cert.

On it I have a few driving offences from 2006. (Not having NCT) (Not providing driving Licence) and the same fines in 20013 too.

DO you think I will be rejected for these offences?

Any feedback would be great.

Kind regards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

hey all set up myCIC account and theres section eligibility vertifcation and it ask for client ID number issued by CIC.

what do to put in to fill it as it wont let me go onto the next section.... thanks, probaly is a stupid question!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sunflowa

So I was late uploading my passport pic.... :(

I only did it last night and it was due on Friday.

I just TOTALLY got my dates wrong!

I'm applying on behalf of my brother, is there ANY chance the application might still be accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pebbles14

Hey all...

Just to let peeps know I got my POE this morning, I applied on Sunday so they are working fast on the turnaround :).. best of luck to everyone and thanks for the advise along the way :)..anything I can help with just let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 domatron

bilbop wrote: »
    I am a bit worried about my Garda cert.

On it I have a few driving offences from 2006. (Not having NCT) (Not providing driving Licence) and the same fines in 20013 too.

DO you think I will be rejected for these offences?

Any feedback would be great.

Kind regards.

I had a careless driving offence from 2012, got a €300 fine after it went to court. Got my POE this morning, so I would say not to worry too much bout driving offences.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Neverlaydown

Hey All,

Is anybody going through this application process using Visafirst or Usit?

I went through those shower of COWBOY's for the first round and they only con you plus you lose €50 and its illegal for a third party to enter your application on your behalf as stated when you submit all documents, but Visa First neglect to tell you this. I find it a little funny when dealing with them the people you deal with have Irish names with very eastern European accents another red flag that you need to register. Word to the wise avoid them for everything including flights and that includes taxback.com too their commissions are a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Neverlaydown

GerPower wrote: »
    I went through those shower of COWBOY's for the first round and they only con you plus you lose €50 and its illegal for a third party to enter your application on your behalf as stated when you submit all documents, but Visa First neglect to tell you this. I find it a little funny when dealing with them the people you deal with have Irish names with very eastern European accents another red flag that you need to register. Word to the wise avoid them for everything including flights and that includes taxback.com too their commissions are a joke.

Yes I think the whole thing is very suspicious. They are rude and secretive and no bill headed emails from them. I get an email from then a differ from the next.
    I do not have much confidence in Visafirst and their professional attitude in what is a very serious step in somebody's career considering the financial crises Ireland is currently in.

True if it wasn't for this tread i'd be a little lost as they say knowledge is power. But something needs to be done to prevent Visa First advertising Canadian Visas a nice big fine for false and misleading advertising would change that, but hey this is Ireland where the whole system is corrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 butterflydream

Has anyone got VHI International Insurance and been fine to enter Canada. Im here already and have it but have to cross the border to activate my WHV and dont want anything to go wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Double pistols

Still waiting on my CAL....

Submitted my docs on the 2nd of April after the 2nd round.

Anyone else in the same situ? Should I be worried?

Advertisement