Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

breghall wrote: »
    ok am getting nervous now... today is day 12 and still no response back !!

panic over got my CAL yesterday, on day 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Hey All,

Is anybody going through this application process using Visafirst or Usit?
    GerPower wrote: »
    I went through those shower of COWBOY's for the first round and they only con you plus you lose €50 and its illegal for a third party to enter your application on your behalf as stated when you submit all documents, but Visa First neglect to tell you this. I find it a little funny when dealing with them the people you deal with have Irish names with very eastern European accents another red flag that you need to register. Word to the wise avoid them for everything including flights and that includes taxback.com too their commissions are a joke.
    Yes I think the whole thing is very suspicious. They are rude and secretive and no bill headed emails from them. I get an email from then a differ from the next.
    I do not have much confidence in Visafirst and their professional attitude in what is a very serious step in somebody's career considering the financial crises Ireland is currently in.

The only ones I have personal experience with are USIT and Go4Less.

Usit are beyond terrible; I enquired about a US graduate visa back in January 2011 didnt get a reply until June 2011, by which time I was already in the USA for a month after doing the whole visa process with Go4Less (which I made sure to tell them lol).

I used Go4Less for my application for my Canadian visa application in round one of this year also. Have had no problems and can honestly say they are the nicest bunch of people.

Have used them twice and they have blown the ball out of the park on both occasions. Great customer care, incredible amount of detail on the application process and provide everything you need to know/book including flights (which are cheaper than expedia) and insurance options. The €75 sign up charge for piece of mind is worth it in itself. On top of this they check all your documents before submission and they resized my passport photo to spec. Worth every penny. Also would like to mention that they in no way imply that they apply for you, they do things legitimately! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Foley48 wrote: »
    The only ones I have personal experience with are USIT and Go4Less.

Usit are beyond terrible; I enquired about a US graduate visa back in January 2011 didnt get a reply until June 2011, by which time I was already in the USA for a month after doing the whole visa process with Go4Less (which I made sure to tell them lol).

I used Go4Less for my application for my Canadian visa application in round one of this year also. Have had no problems and can honestly say they are the nicest bunch of people.

Have used them twice and they have blown the ball out of the park on both occasions. Great customer care, incredible amount of detail on the application process and provide everything you need to know/book including flights (which are cheaper than expedia) and insurance options. The €75 sign up charge for piece of mind is worth it in itself. On top of this they check all your documents before submission and they resized my passport photo to spec. Worth every penny. Also would like to mention that they in no way imply that they apply for you, they do things legitimately! :)

so they are charging for stuff you can do in 2 minutes in to minutes online all free . at that then me an a few boardies here should start up a visa agency advice service next year. ill only charge 50 quid a pop tho

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Got My CAL today so i guess others who are waiting should hear soon, but they really need to sort out that Kompass website. It wouldnt allow me to login in for ages kept saying that my email and password didnt match and Tech support is beyond useless if you really did lose your password or someone managed to change your security questions, as all you get is a generic reply with a list of obvious things to so with no actual solution.

I think the Go4Less post is an advert for them look at the language used it seems a little strange and the wording as well.

"Also would like to mention that they in no way imply that they apply for you, they do things legitimately!"

How can it be legit if they submit your application on your behalf when it clearly states in the terms & conditions that it should be you who does all this and not a third party, i also remember having to check a box stating that too.

As i have found out to my cost if you want something done do it yourself and take advice from here and its free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭stevief01

Most people on this more than likely have degree's in there line of work.... just wondering is there any of ye on this that are not trained in anything and what ye're plan's are??? i only work in a bookie's..... just wondering out of curiosity??? looking up jobs for canada here now ... looks tough to find one... just after reading forums from people experience

Thanks

stevief01 wrote: »
    Most people on this more than likely have degree's in there line of work.... just wondering is there any of ye on this that are not trained in anything and what ye're plan's are??? i only work in a bookie's..... just wondering out of curiosity??? looking up jobs for canada here now ... looks tough to find one... just after reading forums from people experience

Thanks

I dont think having a degree gives you any more of a leg up than those without, but having a trade sure does give you an advantage. My advice to you look at what is lacking in Canada see what you can train in that can take a year to do. I have a degree but i am considering up skilling in another area just to cover all the bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shooter7

Anybody know of anyone from round 2 still waiting on their CAL??

I'm on day 21 and still says my application is in progress.

I emailed IEC today but don't expect to hear back from them anytime soon.

All my docs are in order and payment was made the day after I got my WTN.

Really starting to worry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Neverlaydown

Shooter7 wrote: »
    Anybody know of anyone from round 2 still waiting on their CAL??

I'm on day 21 and still says my application is in progress.

I emailed IEC today but don't expect to hear back from them anytime soon.

All my docs are in order and payment was made the day after I got my WTN.

Really starting to worry :(

Yeah I am too. Starting to really worry too.

Yeah I am too. Starting to really worry too.

or theres just a backlog of accounts for them to get through etc. i wouldnt worry to much on it .chances are if there was a refusal with it you have already heard so . proabably just havent gotten to it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭stevief01

GerPower wrote: »
    I dont think having a degree gives you any more of a leg up than those without, but having a trade sure does give you an advantage. My advice to you look at what is lacking in Canada see what you can train in that can take a year to do. I have a degree but i am considering up skilling in another area just to cover all the bases.

Thanks for the reply GerPower

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dribbles22

Hi guys quick question. Seen someone ask the same q without an answer.

When I log into the MyCIC landing area page (docking?) under my applications I have two boxes. One is 'Online Application' and the other is 'Eligibility Verfication'. It says I have 12 days left to complete the Eligibility Verfication one. the first question on it is for my Client ID which i have never received and it does not let me progress past the page if i leave that blank or put in none or n/a. Iv never had a visa in the past so im confused.

I already did the questionaire before i made my CIC account and then linked it with the checklist code. Should i just delete this eligibility application from my applications. Any help would be very much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

dribbles22 wrote: »

When I log into the MyCIC landing area page (docking?) under my applications I have two boxes. One is 'Online Application' and the other is 'Eligibility Verfication'. It says I have 12 days left to complete the Eligibility Verfication one. the first question on it is for my Client ID which i have never received and it does not let me progress past the page if i leave that blank or put in none or n/a. Iv never had a visa in the past so im confused.

I already did the questionaire before i made my CIC account and then linked it with the checklist code. Should i just delete this eligibility application from my applications. Any help would be very much appreciated!

I had 2 boxes as well but the eligibility one seemed to be about going to school or something , I deleted it. but id wait to you no the story before you do anything , if this is your first time applying to CIC you wont have a client ID the FAQ Said to put N/A or not applicable if asked in any forms .but like you even when I did that it wouldn't let me progress so I deleted it to **** lol

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

dribbles22 wrote: »

An eligibility verification number is needed to apply for an off-campus work permit. An EVN tells us that you meet the academic eligibility requirements for the off-campus work permit program.

If you're approved, your EVN will be sent to your MyCIC account.

An EVN is only valid for 60 days from the date it was issued. If your EVN has expired, you will need to request a new EVN.

this is what it says on CIC so I don't think you need the second box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

My OH's application was refused. Don't know where to go from here.

gg2 wrote: »
    My OH's application was refused. Don't know where to go from here.

Comes down to why it was refused I guess .young professional an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Comes down to why it was refused I guess .young professional an option?

says he missed the deadline for documents and fee payment - he thought he had 14 days to do this. Will have to look into young professional now, trying to find it on the page though and can't???

• Registered Users Posts: 7 NBelkin

Can you please help me out. I am submitting for Young Professional
    I am currently in Canada as Working holiday Visa. Not sure what to answer here
    "Have you participated under the IEC initiative previously or any other Working Holiday Visa to Canada excluding you current participation?"

And there is drop down with 0 ,1,2,3
    I put zero. would that be correct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CanadaBoundLad

miak wrote: »
    I also needed one for the UK. The Spanish Cert came back really quick, took it about a week. Personally I wouldn't depend on the Spanish check covering for all countries. I wouldn't risk it, but iv been so over the top careful with anything IEC related!!

Quick question lads!

The form for the Spanish check says to send original identity documents, in my case a passport.

What did you guys do?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

My mates 23rd day and still waiting for the CAL. Slow flappy headed tramps!

• Advertisement

Silvio67 wrote: »
    My mates 23rd day and still waiting for the CAL. Slow flappy headed tramps!

What date did they lodge it?
    How long is the waiting time supposed to be?

I'm in day 25! Hopefully hear early this week!! I thought the stressful part was over after getting my WTN...!

I'm in day 25! Hopefully hear early this week!! I thought the stressful part was over after getting my WTN...!

WTF???

What date you lodge yours?

2nd of April. My mates that submitted after me all have their POEs now. Dunno what the story is! Still says in progress so hopefully they just haven't got around to me yet!

2nd of April. My mates that submitted after me all have their POEs now. Dunno what the story is! Still says in progress so hopefully they just haven't got around to me yet!

Mine was the 10 of April.
    Is there anybody of anyway of finding out what the hold up is?

You can message them through your kompass account but its unlikely they'll get back to you any time soon. All we can do really is wait!

Any sign of your CAL?

Any sign of your CAL?

No nothing, had you any luck?

No nothing, had you any luck?

Nothing either :(

Hope it doesn't drag out another week!!

• Advertisement

I was wondering can someone help me out here im in the process of setting up MYCIC account and i dont know where to go from here and i'm confused where do you get the GCKey?

Im stuck on the What would you like to do today?
    Apply for:

Visitor visa, study and or work permit

Eligibility verification number

Interim Federal Health Program

I think its the first option but this whole process is confusing if anyone can help me out much appreciated.

Advertisement