Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sandybuffalo

Choose the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Choose the first one.

Thanks i went with that one it seemed the most logical one but this whole process could be simplified into a more user friendly way as you are too afraid to make a mistake and and **** up the whole thing it could be better laid out. But thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sandybuffalo

No problem man. I agree, its a bit of a pain in the hole. It'll all be worth it in the end though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Luciferrr

I too am waiting on my CAL and I submitted everything 03/04/14. It's annoying but I'm not worried yet. Just the daily checking is a pita and every time i get an email it's read immediately lol

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Neverlaydown

Luciferrr wrote: »
    I too am waiting on my CAL and I submitted everything 03/04/14. It's annoying but I'm not worried yet. Just the daily checking is a pita and every time i get an email it's read immediately lol

Did you lodge your own application?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Shooter7

Good to know that there are others waiting as well!

Hopefully they don't leave us waiting too long!

Did you lodge your own application?

Ya done the application myself.

Just to bump this I'm interested in who else is waiting?
    I personally only know of one other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BizMarkee

Hello,

I'm looking for help with this Visa. I got my WTN (on the second round) and my CAL. I've uploaded all my documents on the CIC website, but it says I need a Unique Client ID under 'Eligibility Verification.' I can't recall ever getting one and can't find it anywhere. It won't let me progress without it, or let me type 'N/A.' If anyone could shed some light on this for me it would be a great help!

Thanks

I'm still waiting for CAL. I lodge my application on the 10 of April.
    I don't know, I'm starting to worry now.

• Advertisement

I haven't heard of anyone else waiting outside of this forum. I'm heading in a group of 4. 3 of my mates paid and submitted their docs after me and got their CAL within a few days.

I'm sure we'll be fine though. If their was a problem with the application we would have been rejected by now. The only thing that could probably cost us is if they have made some sort of mistake.

Hopefully that's not the case!!

I plan on sending them a message just incase they forgot about me but I will leave it till monday if any one else waiting gets theirs soon can they post here?

Regards,

I plan on sending them a message just incase they forgot about me but I will leave it till monday if any one else waiting gets theirs soon can they post here?

Regards,

Is Monday a holiday? May Day.

No afaik they have Victoria day later in May?
    But I wouldn't be definate about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Is Monday a holiday? May Day.

Not in Canada

Regards,

I messaged them a week and a half ago and haven't got a response. I'm sure I've read somewhere on here that they are a disaster for responding to queries due to the massive volume of them that they receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Still waiting on my mates. I'm doing his application so this is the second waiting game I've played after round 1. Pain in the hole.

Would love to know how they process them. Their system seems completely random.

Did anybody have any luck on Friday with there IEC?

Still waiting, other Guy I know still waiting will post here as soon as I hear anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Anyone any tips on the best way to apply for the Australian Police Check? I have had a look at the online process and it looks easy enough to follow, but just unsure about a few things before i submit.

Purpose Type: Commonwealth purpose / Employment.
    Purpose of Check: Overseas Employment/Visa for supply for a country other than Australia.

The above options seems the most logical choices from the list provided in the menu but just to be certain i don't want any mistake as this whole Canadian Visa process is very unforgiving if a slight error is made.

If anyone went through this route already if you can get back to me it would be much appreciated just for peace of mind more than anything else.

GerPower wrote: »
    Anyone any tips on the best way to apply for the Australian Police Check? I have had a look at the online process and it looks easy enough to follow, but just unsure about a few things before i submit.

Purpose Type: Commonwealth purpose / Employment.
    Purpose of Check: Overseas Employment/Visa for supply for a country other than Australia.

The above options seems the most logical choices from the list provided in the menu but just to be certain i don't want any mistake as this whole Canadian Visa process is very unforgiving if a slight error is made.

If anyone went through this route already if you can get back to me it would be much appreciated just for peace of mind more than anything else.

Yup thats right.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 smithweiser

Has anyone on the waiting list been accepted or even offered a spot

If so what was your application number ? i am 9380, not holding my breath

Anyone waiting on their CAL have any luck so far this week??

Getting restless now at this stage!!

Shooter7 wrote: »
    Anyone waiting on their CAL have any luck so far this week??

Getting restless now at this stage!!

Still no word of mine yet either. 😖

Still no word of mine yet either. 😖

Surely they haven't ****ed them up! If it goes on past this week I'll really start to freak out!

Been a month since my mate got his receipt of payment. No point messaging them if some of you already have without a reply.

Still waiting.....
    Havn't messaged them yet as it appears loads are still waiting I recently heard of another.
    They appear to be just swamped. Whic is understandable.
    Will freak though too if it goes past this week

I'm on week 5 as of today! I understand that they must be swamped. Can't understand how so many got turned around so quickly though and we are left here with our d**ks in our hands wondering what's going on.

Would be a lot easier to deal with had they not said that it would only take two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Just a note that I've unstickied this thread.

Advertisement