Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shooter7

I take it that not one of us waiting has heard anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Luciferrr

I am and the guy I know also. Trying not to stress about it but would be a relief as soon as they come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Neverlaydown

Luciferrr wrote: »
    I am and the guy I know also. Trying not to stress about it but would be a relief as soon as they come through.

I still haven't heard anything either. I lodged my application on Friday 11 April. (Over a month now) I know Easter was in the middle of that.

I'm finding it impossible not to stress. Was hoping to fly out early June but can't make any concrete plans waiting on this! It's gone on far too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CazCat

Hey guys has anyone completed their my cic application. How long did it take to process? I'v heard off a few people around 4 days does that seem right?

• Advertisement

Anyone try contacting the IEC to see if there was any problems?

Shooter7 wrote: »
    Anyone try contacting the IEC to see if there was any problems?

No I didn't, thought about it. Is there really any point?

Probably not. Wouldn't do any harm either though I suppose.

Was reading another forum and saw that there is a guy in the UK that has been waiting on his CAL for the last 5 months!! Hopefully the same doesn't happen to any of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dogg2

Hi Guys

I need help with this. I am currently waiting for my police certificate from the USA to apply for my Canadian visa. The first attempt failed because the garda took my prints wrong and it was sent back to be redone. That took 6 weeks. If it comes back the 2nd time as insufficient I wont have enough time to do it again before my acceptance letter expires. Did every one here have to give certs for other countries they have lived in for more than 6 months? Would they understand after explaining that the FBI wouldn't accept my prints after they were done by "professionals" here.

They've moved on to the UK waiting list now anyway. Not sure whether or not to take that as a good sign!

• Advertisement

They've moved on to the UK waiting list now anyway. Not sure whether or not to take that as a good sign!

How do you know this, do you think the rest of us has no hope?

How do you know this, do you think the rest of us has no hope?

Saw it on one of the UK forums. Can't see why we wouldn't get it unless they have messed up our applications somehow. I believe we will get them eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kierc2014

Hi just wondering if anyone is still waiting for their CAL?? I submitted the docs and payment for round 2 on 8th April and still nothing. Two friends of mine on the same day and they have heard nothing yet. I am beginning to worry that we will never get processed.

kierc2014 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone is still waiting for their CAL?? I submitted the docs and payment for round 2 on 8th April and still nothing. Two friends of mine on the same day and they have heard nothing yet. I am beginning to worry that we will never get processed.

I submitted mine on the 11 of April with payment. Did you lodge your own application yourself?

Ya I did it myself, same with the other two, I wish I knew what was goin to happen. Did you email the iec?

Ya I did it myself, same with the other two, I wish I knew what was goin to happen. Did you email the iec?

No didn't think there was any point. You?

No I didn't either, just have to wait I suppose.

They've started on the waiting list. Good Luck to all on it.

Where did you see that? Surely they can't start the waiting list until the CAL are issued to those of us who are inside the quota of 7700, as they won't know how many have been refused / rejected

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Zola lola

Hi got 7702. was placed on the waiting list. I received a message to make my payment and upload document on 2014-05-30. now I received confirmation 2014-06-02. it says am being assessed at the moment. just an update...

• Advertisement

Where did you see that? Surely they can't start the waiting list until the CAL are issued to those of us who are inside the quota of 7700, as they won't know how many have been refused / rejected

A friends daughter in the 7730's was notified in the last few days.

I'm 71XX and haven't got my CAL,

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Luciferrr

Still havn't got my CAL either 68xx

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sheng

hi all just a quick question for everyone, my bf and myself has gotten our POE already and we are thinking of heading to Toronto this February. Just wondering if we need to get a return-ticket? (silly question, I know) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

I am looking into open return tickets just in case of emergencies. Found a few cheap one way tickets however open returns are quite pricey. I don't think you need a return but you need enough money to be able to buy a return (on top of the $2500). So I've heard. Can any one out there advise us on the best option??? Also has anyone bought an open return ticket that's good value???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

No, you don't need a return ticket, provided you have sufficient funds in your account to cover a return flight when you arrive to Canada (i.e. the minimum CA$2,500 you need anyway).

She got her CAL today.

She got her CAL today.

It's bizarre how some of us have been waiting two months with no word from the IEC and she's on the waiting list and got it within a few days.

Something has definitely gone wrong somewhere with those of us with applications in progress since early April. I just hope the IEC are aware of it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's bizarre how some of us have been waiting two months with no word from the IEC and she's on the waiting list and got it within a few days.

Something has definitely gone wrong somewhere with those of us with applications in progress since early April. I just hope the IEC are aware of it.

Have you been in touch with them? I'd be all over them like a rash. I couldn't sit back and take a 'wait and see' attitude!

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    Have you been in touch with them? I'd be all over them like a rash. I couldn't sit back and take a 'wait and see' attitude!

I've sent them 3 mails through my kompass account,3/4 through the feedback form, emailed the cic 3/4 times aswell. Rang the cic (you can actually ring from outside of canada), emailed the embassy in Dublin. Haven't gotten any help only one response from the cic saying to contact the iec through your kompass account. The guy I spoke to from the cic was useless.

Kompass is down for maintenance today so maybe their trying to sort some glitches. Fingers and toes are crossed!

Advertisement