Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Shooter7 wrote: »
    I've sent them 3 mails through my kompass account,3/4 through the feedback form, emailed the cic 3/4 times aswell. Rang the cic (you can actually ring from outside of canada), emailed the embassy in Dublin. Haven't gotten any help only one response from the cic saying to contact the iec through your kompass account. The guy I spoke to from the cic was useless.

Kompass is down for maintenance today so maybe their trying to sort some glitches. Fingers and toes are crossed!

That must be so stressful for you. I really hope you get it soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shooter7

Faith wrote: »
    That must be so stressful for you. I really hope you get it soon!

Thanks, me too. My friends are going next week so hopefully won't be too long before I make it out to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Naibaf

Hi everyone,

Given that I have only recently decided to apply for the work & travel visa, I am assuming that I have missed all the important deadlines for 2014 already. Nonetheless, I have set up a Kompass account, where I have also submitted all the required information up to that state. Now, I am being informed that my application is ready for submission but once I have ticked all the boxes and press submit, I get the following error message: "Information is not successfully saved please try again later."

By now, I have tried to submit it numerous times, but the same message comes up over and over again. I have read through this forum and a few others seemed to have/had the same problem, but no concrete solution was suggested, apart from just trying again.

Also, I have sent two messages to IEC using the internal message system, but no response. Maybe someone here has a suggestion on how to best move forward at this point? Might the reason for the error message be that at this time of the application process, no more applications are accepted at all?

In any case, I would be thankful for any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

You cannot submit your kompass application until you get your WTN. You can only attempt to get the WTN once the available spaces are open. If you are successful in getting a WTN then you can submit that along with the other required information in order to get your CAL. You will have to wait until next year to get any further unless you go the young professionals route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Naibaf

First of all, thanks for the quick reply. One brief follow-up question. I do have an account number which looks something like 70FECA96GT76, but I guess this number is not the same as the WTN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

Nope that's just your kompass number. The WTN will begin with WTN followed by numbers. The numbers indicate your place out of the number of released spaces up for grabs. There was 7500 or there abouts spaces available for this years working holiday visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Neverlaydown

Does anybody know if there is a number to ring to find out about the delay on the CAL?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Does anybody know if there is a number to ring to find out about the delay on the CAL?
    nope there isnt a number and theres no point ringing thee embassy becuase they dont deal with it , you can email emm through the account but chances of getting a reply anytime soon are slim .but still mail emm
    just gotta wait really

nope there isnt a number and theres no point ringing thee embassy becuase they dont deal with it , you can email emm through the account but chances of getting a reply anytime soon are slim .but still mail emm
    just gotta wait really

I'm waiting near 9 wks now for CAL. Thanks anyway Goingitalone.

I'm waiting near 9 wks now for CAL. Thanks anyway Goingitalone.

ahh ****ty ! the sites all over the shop too at the minute it seems , there system really leaves a bit to be desired for but saying that i was lucky i was sorted in 3 days from start to finish .and that was the first round opend on the thursday if i remember right and id my poe on that sat . but that seems to be the longest ive heard anyone one waiting on a cal yet

• Advertisement

Are you on any of the Facebook groups? Do you know if there's many others who haven't gotten their CAL? It seems really bizarre to me, especially now that folk on the waiting list are getting through. It seems a few of you have just slipped through the cracks somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Unbelievably I managed to apply and complete this entire application from crappy internet connections in Africa.

Can anyone tell me the date on which the visa expires? ie. by what date must you enter Canada before it becomes invalid

Nobody seems to know this. I doubt I can be there until after April 2015 at the earliest

Thanks
    Derek

Bizarre that some of the CAL havent gone through, I suspect they are trying to catch up due to servers/site not being able to handle the load.

Join one of the Facebook groups

Cullen82 wrote: »
    Unbelievably I managed to apply and complete this entire application from crappy internet connections in Africa.

Can anyone tell me the date on which the visa expires? ie. by what date must you enter Canada before it becomes invalid

Nobody seems to know this. I doubt I can be there until after April 2015 at the earliest

Thanks
    Derek

A year from the date you received it. So if you got it today, you'd have until 9th June 2015 to activate it.

Faith wrote: »
    A year from the date you received it. So if you got it today, you'd have until 9th June 2015 to activate it.

That's awesome news Faith, thanks for that ;)

No word from anyone on the CAL situation I take it?

No word from anyone on the CAL situation I take it?

No not me anyway.

No not me anyway.

Getting ridiculous at this stage now isn't it? Thinking about heading over on a holiday and waiting for it over there!

Getting ridiculous at this stage now isn't it? Thinking about heading over on a holiday and waiting for it over there!

There has to be somebody we can phone up about this cause they simple don't reply to emails.

Feel for everyone caught up in the mess that is CIC - the site is shocking, crashes every few minutes and cant even access a submitted application anymore due to "maintenance".

The process is simple enough for people who have not travelled or worked abroad before it seems but for everyone else.......GAWD, I'm bordering giving up now despite trying so hard.

I can understand why there is no phone number available (too time consuming) but holy god please have the decency to take peoples money and provide support afterwards- a help forum?! online chat help?! this process is the most complicated I have ever come across.

I spent one and a half years travelling around Africa, never stayed in any one country beyond a few weeks (visa limit) and currently in Kenya as part of a charity solo cycle through Africa. They have now requested a medical from kenya (fine I will do this) but also a police report specifically from Kenya because I have "stayed for six months or more in Kenya".

In a letter and info I submitted it is clear that I never stayed in Kenya or any country for longer than a few weeks never mind 6 Months.

Despite it being complete BS I still went to the Kenya police officials to ask for a report but they will not provide one because I have not been here long enough.

I would like to explain this to the CIC and ask how to proceed but FFS.... how?!

I now have to wait another TWO weeks n Nairobi to do this medical as reqeusted and I'm worried when I submit it with a letter explaining the police will not provide a report - my application will be refused hence a COMPLETE waste of time, stress ,finances and time enjoying travels in Kenya.

Whether CIC approve my application or not,I have tried so hard to adhere to what they want and with nothing to hide but their process continues (in my case) to be inconsiderate and inaccurate. It has got to the stage I would love to make a complaint now....but who the hell would one contact to do so.

If my extensive travel cv was really a threat or something to concern them, then why the hell did they allow me to drive across Canada for 7 weeks a couple of years ago.

Ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Have you tried messaging through Kompass?

It really is a joke, I'm sorry for all the crap you lot are gong through. I remember the stress of applying in the first place - for all this to happen afterwards it can seem like none of it is even worth it :rolleyes:

Have you tried messaging through Kompass?

It really is a joke, I'm sorry for all the crap you lot are gong through. I remember the stress of applying in the first place - for all this to happen afterwards it can seem like none of it is even worth it :rolleyes:

Yea I've contacted them a good few times but no reply. Their system seems farcical. I'm sure it'l get sorted sooner or later so may as well head over on a holiday and try get it sorted from there. It's been a very stressful 6/7 months though alright.

It's crazy that some on the waiting list are getting their POE's already, while those before them in the queue are still waiting.

Yea I've contacted them a good few times but no reply. Their system seems farcical. I'm sure it'l get sorted sooner or later so may as well head over on a holiday and try get it sorted from there. It's been a very stressful 6/7 months though alright.

You're going to Canada on a holiday visa first? That's a pretty good idea, I guess you just hope over to the US for a few days and come back on the WHV when it has been sorted.

You're going to Canada on a holiday visa first? That's a pretty good idea, I guess you just hope over to the US for a few days and come back on the WHV when it has been sorted.

That would be the plan. Feels like it's never going to go through though! Can't understand how it's gone on this long.

Finally got a reply from the IEC saying that they were reviewing my profile, that I would get news upon completion, and thanking me for my patience in the matter. That was Tuesday so you'd wonder what they are at! Was hoping I'd have news yesterday but wasn't to surprised when I heard nothing.

I'm most likely going to have to enter the country as a visitor at this stage and I know I need to show evidence that I'm going to leave the country. Would I have to show a return ticket back to Ireland, or would a ticket to the states with evidence of a family tie there be enough to convince an immigration officer that I intend on leaving the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

Good news for anyone on the waiting list!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've decided to postpone moving to Canada for at least a year, I've withdrawn my application so +1 places will be available.

Will re-apply next year

Skalragg wrote: »
    Good news for anyone on the waiting list!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've decided to postpone moving to Canada for at least a year, I've withdrawn my application so +1 places will be available.

Will re-apply next year

jaysis i wonder will the scramble be as bad next year as this year . at leasts it 2 years straight up rather then applying like in the uk a year at a time ,

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Luciferrr

Just to update everybody that I'm still waiting!
    It's absolutely crazy that it can take this long when others have got theirs.
    Never got a reply from any of my messages.
    I guess they are super busy or something.
    Just the stress of reaching out to them to make contact and then no reply is worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Clazicolleen

Luciferrr wrote: »
    Just to update everybody that I'm still waiting!
    It's absolutely crazy that it can take this long when others have got theirs.
    Never got a reply from any of my messages.
    I guess they are super busy or something.
    Just the stress of reaching out to them to make contact and then no reply is worrying.

apparently if you contact the london office for ireland they may be slightly faster than snail pace

Advertisement