Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

If i get the visa for Canada how long do i have to use it? 1 or 2 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

moneymad wrote: »
    If i get the visa for Canada how long do i have to use it? 1 or 2 years?

You have12 months from issue to enter Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

You have12 months from issue to enter Canada
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jj1787

How many feckers are going for the visa this year?? Every tom dick and harry I know seems to be. I know a couple of lads who are going for it just for the option and maybe they will or wont use it if they get it. :mad: Meanwhile people like me who are on the old 1 year visa from 2012 have spent the last 7 months in Canada getting set up with a good a job and nice apartment will have to compete with so many at home going for the visa. I know this is the last year that there will be people re-applying but its a nightmare! Its Also a major pain in the backside having to do the whole IEC process over again, filling in the same forms and supplying the same documents. Anyway rant over - I just hope I get a visa in time when they are released - stressed outta me head after how quick the UK visas went:(

Is there many on this in the same boat as me going for the two year IEC and in Canada now on the 1 year IEC??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Can we not have an FAQ sticky? Every time I check here all the same questions are being asked, which are all detailed on the official Canada website if you do your research in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Can we not have an FAQ sticky? Every time I check here all the same questions are being asked, which are all detailed on the official Canada website if you do your research in the first place.

I argued this exact point about 6 weeks ago, bugs me that people won't do their research and come on here expecting to have their hand held thru the process

Some questions on here are not easily answered so I've no problem with people looking for advice, but some are probably easier to find out thru google than coming on here and writing a post.

People asking if they and their partner need separate visas etc....... Grr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Anyone else playing Cludo with opening dates?

For the 2013 opening date, I don't think they knew the week before, but they were given some hint a few days before, reading last years thread, everyone seemed unaware a few days beforehand. But they did get some hint from IEC, check out this post: #214

CIC has adopted the part that IEC did this year, no? They don't give info. unless you have an active case.

I think the UK was given a specific opening date for the first two rounds for 2014, which went in 15 minutes...:eek:

If I knew that Irish applicants would be given a date on the usual page, I could calm down. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 fredchest

hi,
    Yes it's ID photo for you. So you put in Canadian Visa, 5.5 X 4.5 dimensions. and click on single photo? http://www.idphoto4you.com/

For 'Print Size' what do you actually click on?

hi,
    when you go to upload photo, you click 1) Canadian Visa 2) photo/visa. 3.5 X 4.5 3) SINGLE Photo?

and it automatically resizes the photo you upload to the given requirements?

-thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

Thanks buddy. :) It's been hell for the last while, trying to keep connecting to the net all the time, smartphone, tablet etc. in case you miss the rush! I wasn't sure. I did take a peek in one of last year's threads and found people talking about 'opening week ahead' and they were excited. I think they were informed a couple of days or a week before. This is better than no notice!

Like many here I'm sure, with crappy prospects and having saved and prepared for the last year, it would be miserable to miss out now...:eek: Two days notice is plenty for me.

I'm constantly checking too.Would be pretty gutted if I missed out.And yeah, two days would be more than enough notice for me too.I sent an email awhile back to the address on the official website asking if there would be much notice given for the opening.Received a reply yesterday but they just told me to continue to check the website regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Marko10 wrote: »
    I'm constantly checking too.Would be pretty gutted if I missed out.And yeah, two days would be more than enough notice for me too.I sent an email awhile back to the address on the official website asking if there would be much notice given for the opening.Received a reply yesterday but they just told me to continue to check the website regularly.

thanks for the update! Did you use an IEC or CIC email address?

p.s. check this out: I don't know if this author has insider info or is just guessing...but he says "early January"...

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/emigration-to-fall-as-economy-improves-says-esri-1.1637898

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

Quick question in relation to the garda cert, do I just go down to my local garda station and request a garda clearance/cert or whats the story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Ok so am I right in saying that when the IEC opens, I then set up a Kompass account and the only 2 required documents are a resume and a photocopy of your passport? Then its just a waiting game for the CIC part??

I have never applied for a visa for anywhere and am doing this for myself and my OH and I'm so worried that I'm going to balls it up.... What sort of thing is asked on the IEC part?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

Hi guys, for those of you who have completed the resume for stage one, did you follow the template exactly as its laid out on the IEC resume template? Including headings, bullet points, fonts etc.? Putting your address, phone no. and email address in bullets points looks odd to me but they've laid it out like that in the template. The IEC template looks quite different to other canadian resume templates I've been looking at online.

And did you convert it to a pdf document or leave it in word?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

I didn't follow it at all, just submitted my current resume with a bit of information removed.

Think you can submit as PDF or word,

As most people have mentioned, dont' get worked up about the resume. Its not going to make a huge difference and no one seems to have been rejected on the grounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

fergusb wrote: »
    I didn't follow it at all, just submitted my current resume with a bit of information removed.

Think you can submit as PDF or word,

As most people have mentioned, dont' get worked up about the resume. Its not going to make a huge difference and no one seems to have been rejected on the grounds of it.

Thanks for your help fergusb. So you submitted your resume for last years IEC visa and had no problems with not using the template? Did they supply a template last year too? I'm just wondering because if they went to the effort of supplying a template for this years IEC I thought they might expect us to follow it.

I'm sure I'm overthinking this even though its probably the easiest part if the whole visa process!! Ha! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

I successfully got a 2012 and 2013 IEC, and to be honest I've no idea if they provided a template. That said, my resume does contain all the information they have on the list. I don't think that is a 'template' as such, its just a list of what your resume MUST contain, so as long as you submit one which contains that information you should be fine. To be honest, if they wanted an exact format, they would have it as a form on the Kompass Account. In stage 2 when you do your CIC application you have to fill in all those details on a proper form.

And yes it is the easiest part of the process :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

gg2 wrote: »
    Ok so am I right in saying that when the IEC opens, I then set up a Kompass account and the only 2 required documents are a resume and a photocopy of your passport? Then its just a waiting game for the CIC part??

I have never applied for a visa for anywhere and am doing this for myself and my OH and I'm so worried that I'm going to balls it up.... What sort of thing is asked on the IEC part?

If you do your research and look back through the thread all these questions are answered.

Official IEC website for each participating country http://ow.ly/rBXkE
    Moving2Canada general IEC overview article http://ow.ly/rBXvF
    Moving2Canada FAQ article http://ow.ly/rBXts

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

Just a question in regards the 2014 visa, myself and my partner are hoping to get the 2 year working visa and we are in the process of applying, however we just have a question regarding getting the visas.

Do we both apply for two seperate ones, or does one apply and just bring the other? The Canadain website is a bit confusing regarding this, it does ask if you will be traveling with a spuse or common law parthner but does not specfiy wheather two applications are required or one.

Also, over 6 years ago I had a drunk and disordaly conviction, will this effect my application or is this something I should mention on the application or just say no and hope for the best? will they look into this? I know its dishonest and i dont want to go down this route, however i hate the thought of getting rejected a visa coz of a few stupid nights out when i was younger.

I would like to seek advice on this, is there anywhere i could ask for advice?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

Durag wrote: »
    Just a question in regards the 2014 visa, myself and my partner are hoping to get the 2 year working visa and we are in the process of applying, however we just have a question regarding getting the visas.

Do we both apply for two seperate ones, or does one apply and just bring the other? The Canadain website is a bit confusing regarding this, it does ask if you will be traveling with a spuse or common law parthner but does not specfiy wheather two applications are required or one.

Seperate visas.
    Also, over 6 years ago I had a drunk and disordaly conviction, will this effect my application or is this something I should mention on the application or just say no and hope for the best? will they look into this? I know its dishonest and i dont want to go down this route, however i hate the thought of getting rejected a visa coz of a few stupid nights out when i was younger.

I would like to seek advice on this, is there anywhere i could ask for advice?

Thanks

Typically, if there's anything older than five years they ignore it (unless it's something like chopping up your neighbours and using the bits to do Hamlet). Same goes for health, there are a lot of cancer survivors applying to get into Canada, if they're clean for five years it's ignored. Six years ago, you SHOULD be fine, but you might get caught for it. It's unlikely, but possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

So when i get my garda cert,do they only require a scanned copy of it or do they require the original at all?Thanks

Loblox wrote: »
    Seperate visas.

Typically, if there's anything older than five years they ignore it (unless it's something like chopping up your neighbours and using the bits to do Hamlet). Same goes for health, there are a lot of cancer survivors applying to get into Canada, if they're clean for five years it's ignored. Six years ago, you SHOULD be fine, but you might get caught for it. It's unlikely, but possible.

Thanks for your help, in your opinion should i put down 'yes' after the "Have you ever been conficted of a criminal offence"? Or should i put down 'no' and hope they dont look into it? Does the police cert say if you have confictons and what they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

Durag wrote: »
    Thanks for your help, in your opinion should i put down 'yes' after the "Have you ever been conficted of a criminal offence"? Or should i put down 'no' and hope they dont look into it? Does the police cert say if you have confictons and what they are?

Put it down, it'll show up on the police cert. Lying on the application form, especially regarding your record when it can so easily be checked, WILL get you rejected.

Loblox wrote: »
    Put it down, it'll show up on the police cert. Lying on the application form, especially regarding your record when it can so easily be checked, WILL get you rejected.

Great, thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Stormxv1

Hey.
    I've got my passport printed and a resume/cv typed up so is that all I can do until the visas actually are released?

Am I correct in saying that a kompass account can only be created once the visas are released?

I have to get two police checks because I'm currently living in Australia. Just rang the local police station and he wanted to know if I must get fingerprinted? If so he said it costs 52$
    For the Irish Garda check how do I get around the fingerprint thing because obviously I'm not available to give prints there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Ok guys, I havent got my Australia Police Cert yet, so the question I have is, after I do my Resume/Passport in section 1, do I have to fill the rest in by a certain time or do I have a while to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Stormxv1 wrote: »
    Hey.
    I've got my passport printed and a resume/cv typed up so is that all I can do until the visas actually are released?

Am I correct in saying that a kompass account can only be created once the visas are released?

I have to get two police checks because I'm currently living in Australia. Just rang the local police station and he wanted to know if I must get fingerprinted? If so he said it costs 52$
    For the Irish Garda check how do I get around the fingerprint thing because obviously I'm not available to give prints there.

Don't need fingerprints for the Irish one

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Galpal

Hi all,

Do you think it will be this week that they will be released?
    I'm so nervous that I'll miss it.

Also a tad confused re the cv?

Please help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Someone has told my OH that he needs to provide all his documentation re his qualifications for stage one of the IEC I am 100% certain he doesn't and have checked several websites to find out, just wondering if someone here can confirm please :)

Advertisement