Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 S.Brolly

gg2 wrote: »
    Someone has told my OH that he needs to provide all his documentation re his qualifications for stage one of the IEC I am 100% certain he doesn't and have checked several websites to find out, just wondering if someone here can confirm please :)

Stage 1, as far as I'm aware, is only registration of the kompass account. CV and a photocopy of your passport is all that's required.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

Just two questions for people, apologies if they have been asked already, finding this process a little confusing and based on general opinions here i have decided not to go the route of a third party.

I was looking on-line to set up my Kompass account so i can upload my CV and passport but i was having no luck finding the link. After reading through here, am i right in saying that the Kompass account set up is not on-line yet and wont be on-line until the Visa's are released? I thought everyone here had uploaded their CV and password on-line already and were then waiting for the visa's to be released, so am i right in saying that no one has sent anything off yet?

My girlfriend kinda went ahead and created a CIC account in error thinkinh it was the Kompass account, and she noted on the CIC site it says that you cannot set up an account twice, can this account be cancelled or deleted?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Durag wrote: »
    Just two questions for people, apologies if they have been asked already, finding this process a little confusing and based on general opinions here i have decided not to go the route of a third party.

I was looking on-line to set up my Kompass account so i can upload my CV and passport but i was having no luck finding the link. After reading through here, am i right in saying that the Kompass account set up is not on-line yet and wont be on-line until the Visa's are released? I thought everyone here had uploaded their CV and password on-line already and were then waiting for the visa's to be released, so am i right in saying that no one has sent anything off yet?

My girlfriend kinda went ahead and created a CIC account in error thinkinh it was the Kompass account, and she noted on the CIC site it says that you cannot set up an account twice, can this account be cancelled or deleted?

nope its not open so you cant upload cv or passport scan and ive no clue about the cic bit at all

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

My girlfriend is on a UK passport and is in the middle of filling out the CIC.

We are both struggling with the digital signature part of the form and how to actually do it?

Anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question, I've just reopened my Kompass Account from last year and it's giving me the option to 'Start A New Application' does anyone know of this would be for the 2014 program?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Lisa1992 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Just a quick question, I've just reopened my Kompass Account from last year and it's giving me the option to 'Start A New Application' does anyone know of this would be for the 2014 program?

as far as i read you need a new account because its the new year but i couldnt tell ya really . applying for your second year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

as far as i read you need a new account because its the new year but i couldnt tell ya really . applying for your second year ?

No I'm applying again for the 3rd time, I applied through a 3rd Party in 2012 and it was a scam, applied again last year, got my conditional acceptance letter then ended up in hospital for 4 months and it expired so hopefully 3rd time lucky this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

No I'm applying again for the 3rd time, I applied through a 3rd Party in 2012 and it was a scam, applied again last year, got my conditional acceptance letter then ended up in hospital for 4 months and it expired so hopefully 3rd time lucky this year.
    Sorry to hear you ended up in Hospital for 4 months. Not nice. Hope everything's good now :)

You won't be able to do anything in your Kompass Account until they open the visa window. Few other people on here have previous accounts and can't do anything for the time being!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

My girlfriend is on a UK passport and is in the middle of filling out the CIC.

We are both struggling with the digital signature part of the form and how to actually do it?

Anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers

I can't find the page but I'm sure either on a CIC website or on one of the forms, it says leave that and you will be prompted for a digital signature when you attempt to upload or submit the application. I haven't done that yet so don't know what to expect.

If anyone has seen this or has done it before, do help out! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

Hey guys,

can anyone answer me is there any notice given prior to the process opening at all. I saw where the UK one opened at 3pm but were they given 24hrs notice or anything similar or is it a case of wait by the computer all day everyday and keep checking??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

I can't find the page but I'm sure either on a CIC website or on one of the forms, it says leave that and you will be prompted for a digital signature when you attempt to upload or submit the application. I haven't done that yet so don't know what to expect.

If anyone has seen this or has done it before, do help out! ;)

When I done it last year it's just when u are uploading everything in stage 2, ya just kinda tick a box confirming everything you uploaded is true!

So yeah just leave it blank

nope its not open so you cant upload cv or passport scan and ive no clue about the cic bit at all

Thanks for that, i was looking at her CIC application and it looks like there is a delete option so i assume that will do the job

Hey guys,

can anyone answer me is there any notice given prior to the process opening at all. I saw where the UK one opened at 3pm but were they given 24hrs notice or anything similar or is it a case of wait by the computer all day everyday and keep checking??

I think it looks like a waiting by the computer job unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Stormxv1

Don't need fingerprints for the Irish one

Thanks dude :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I'm sure I read somewhere that it would be anywhere between December and March when the IEC opens... Still looking for the link... I'm sure it won't be as late as March, but realistically could we be waiting another couple of weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

Hey guys,

I know someone who is in the process of applying for the UK visa, there was about 2 days notice given before they released so hopefully the same will apply for Irish allocation.
    Visas went in 20 minutes though so probably best to keep checking the computer. An awful waiting game! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 elnino08

gg2 wrote: »
    I'm sure I read somewhere that it would be anywhere between December and March when the IEC opens... Still looking for the link... I'm sure it won't be as late as March, but realistically could we be waiting another couple of weeks?

It's an absolute nightmare this. I was told by an IEC rep in Dublin it would be late Nov/Early Dec. Clearly she hadn't a breeze. I think the last round for the Uk closes on Jan 12. Not sure if the Irish one can/will open until that one closes?
    Praying for news this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I was told by an IEC rep in Dublin it would be late Nov/Early Dec.

I was told the exact same in Dublin!

elnino08 wrote: »
    It's an absolute nightmare this. I was told by an IEC rep in Dublin it would be late Nov/Early Dec. Clearly she hadn't a breeze. I think the last round for the Uk closes on Jan 12. Not sure if the Irish one can/will open until that one closes?
    Praying for news this week...

I'm really worried, I have to work for the next 3 days, if I had notice I would be able to get time off.... And I have to work or there'll be no moolah for Canada!

Also is there a chance they could open at the weekend??

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

People need to relax! You should get a few days notice before it opens, last year it took 3-4(?) days before the quota was filled and this year there are 50% more visa's allocated and you won't be competing against as many people in Canada since a lot of people have their 2 year visa already. So people shouldn't cancel their lives hoping that it might open, you could be sitting around waiting for weeks before it opens!

• Advertisement

Sloth89 wrote: »
    I know someone who is in the process of applying for the UK visa, there was about 2 days notice given before they released so hopefully the same will apply for Irish allocation.
    Visas went in 20 minutes though so probably best to keep checking the computer. An awful waiting game! :(
    fergusb wrote: »
    People need to relax! You should get a few days notice before it opens, last year it took 3-4(?) days before the quota was filled and this year there are 50% more visa's allocated and you won't be competing against as many people in Canada since a lot of people have their 2 year visa already. So people shouldn't cancel their lives hoping that it might open, you could be sitting around waiting for weeks before it opens!

I'm hoping you have the correct info fergusb!:D

I wouldn't relax too much, to be honest.

Anyone that has run through the 2013 threads found 5,000 comments saying "all the visas aren't going in a month! calm down people!"

True, the entire year's supply didn't go in a month. They went in 2-3 days. Those 'calm down' comments don't look like such good advice now.

People are even circumventing the normal procedure by quietly uploading documents to MyCIC before it opens.

I say make up your own mind! :rolleyes:

I don't disagree that you shouldn't apply as soon as it opens. I'm just saying that there is no news on when it will open. So until then there is no point in panicking. Assuming you have your passport and CV ready, you cannot do anything else with regards to stage 1, which is where you get assigned your place in the quota.

In terms of the MyCIC stuff, thats only for stage 2. After you have been offered a place in IEC. Having documents uploaded early might speed up the time it takes to apply for Stage 2, but will make NO difference to whether you get IEC or not.

Personally, in 2013, I completed and uploaded all the documents required after I had made my IEC payment. I had over a week before I got my letter of acceptance which was plenty to fill in the forms (assuming you have your Garda Cert!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PB55555

Hi, assuming you get through the Stage 1 process, how long do you have to complete the CIC part?

PB55555 wrote: »
    Hi, assuming you get through the Stage 1 process, how long do you have to complete the CIC part?

The "Conditional Letter of Acceptance" is valid for 6 Months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Garda cert? Is that a Garda Clearance? Does that not take about 8 weeks to get?

Garda cert, Garda Clearance.... same thing. I've applied twice to 2 different stations and both times got it within 2 weeks. I think they say it will take 8 weeks to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shanofin

In Australia here and hoping to get on the program. Have my passport scan and resume ready to go.

What is this about police clearance and fingerprints? I'm assuming I can get a Garda clearance arranged at home by a family member and have forwarded to me. What way do I have to present fingerprints?

Thanks in advance...

In terms of approaching the visa process, I think that vigilence and preparation are helpful for this process.

For anyone in the 2013 threads that told people to "calm down" and "come back in a few days, they're not all going this month", taking that advice would mean they easily could talked others out of a visa because of poor judgement. Would you be happy with that on your hands?

As for people preparing for stage 2, I don't think clicking the upload button 6 times is a loss of time and if people want to do that, I wouldn't stop anyone. I think it's better to let everyone approach the process however they like. Some folk just want to move on quickly, why begrduge them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 AK12

I'm also waiting to apply for a Canada visa but I've a bit of a dilemma.

I can't find my passport anywhere. It should be in my house but I just can't find it - I feel like I've searched everywhere.
    I have a photocopy of my passport so when the IEC opens should I just apply assuming I'll find my passport in the next few weeks?

I rang both the passport office and the Canadian embassy to ask what happens if someone gets a visa and then loses their passport and they both told me they didn't know!

I'm really worried I'll have to apply for a new passport after I (hopefully) get my visa and that I'll then lose my visa..

Anyone have any advice for me please? :confused:

Thanks

Advertisement