Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

I have heard of a few people who have applied on 1 passport, then lost it, and successfully entered Canada on a replacement passport. So if you have a copy of your passport I would apply with that. Getting a new passport would potentially take too long and you could miss IEC.

Your IEC application will be connected to your old passport, so when you enter canada you will need to bring your old passport, or I guess a scan of it since its lost and maybe a police letter saying you lost it (which you need for a replacement anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 28 greenpower

Has anyone got any ballpark idea when the IEC initiative will be open so we can all start applying for the visas!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Has anyone got any ballpark idea when the IEC initiative will be open so we can all start applying for the visas!!??

No. All we know is that the UK IEC 3rd window opens next week, so we're praying after that the Irish one opens!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Hi, got an email from USIT today to give me a heads up to make sure I have my passport and resume ready for when the program opens...
    One question, and might seem a bit excessive, but; is there a sample of the accoutn creation and setup process?
    So I can familiarize myself with it, and fly through the submission on the real thing?

Maybe I'm over thinking it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

For anyone in the 2013 threads that told people to "calm down" and "come back in a few days, they're not all going this month", taking that advice would mean they easily could talked others out of a visa because of poor judgement. Would you be happy with that on your hands?

In fairness it was nearly 6 months before the 2012 visa's went so it's understandable no one expected the 2013 ones to go in less than a week. Even the IEC were shocked by that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

whats the story with the photo for stage one,i took a pic of my passport with an iphone and it looks good,but for the upload is it just a pic of myself or a pic of the whole passport,name,dob etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Keeperlit3025

What documents do I need to send away for stage 1? Passport, passport pictures, Garda report, Cv ?? I have the Visa Application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kleesh

Hey guys, bit of a weird one here.

I'm trying my best to get to Canada this year and I'm about to send off for my Garda Clearance, however...

I was searched during the summer of last year and found with 2g of weed (I know, I know) and was told that I'd be summoned to court and will need to pay a fine to the poorbox, but that it wouldn't be a criminal conviction and affect any visa applications. The thing is, as I'm still awaiting the summons & court date the case is still pending, which I believe would show up on my Garda Vetting. I'm very worried that this would be a red flag for the IEC and result in my visa being declined.

Thoughts, opinions? And like I said; I know, I know.

Innocent until proven guilty?

I would assume that your cert will not have anything on it since you have not been charged with anything. (I could be wrong!). So I'd send off for the cert and keep your fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Anyone know if we'll have to have copies of our qualifications from college so we're not making up our cv. I've obviously lost mine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

EI-DOR wrote: »

I just had a very quick read of that and 2 questions.

It looks like you can register for the 2nd part now? I didn't click very far other than the register link.

But what I really wanted to know is how will the application process effect me when I have an Irish passport, Irish nationality but place of birth is Holland. I assume it's probably of no concern really?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

Kleesh wrote: »
    Hey guys, bit of a weird one here.

I'm trying my best to get to Canada this year and I'm about to send off for my Garda Clearance, however...

I was searched during the summer of last year and found with 2g of weed (I know, I know) and was told that I'd be summoned to court and will need to pay a fine to the poorbox, but that it wouldn't be a criminal conviction and affect any visa applications. The thing is, as I'm still awaiting the summons & court date the case is still pending, which I believe would show up on my Garda Vetting. I'm very worried that this would be a red flag for the IEC and result in my visa being declined.

Thoughts, opinions? And like I said; I know, I know.
    fergusb wrote: »
    Innocent until proven guilty?

I would assume that your cert will not have anything on it since you have not been charged with anything. (I could be wrong!). So I'd send off for the cert and keep your fingers crossed.

I would agree with this, you havent been to court yet so no charge has been applied. I am in a similar boat with convictions, i cant even recally how many i have (i know, stupid, stupid) but it was over 5 years ago and most are minorish - i cant recall if i have some for theft and fraut or violent disorder, i have reqested a copy of my police report so hopefully it is just the minor charges that show up. Why did i act so stupid when i was younger??!!!! Seemd fun at the time i guess....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

radiata wrote: »
    Anyone know if we'll have to have copies of our qualifications from college so we're not making up our cv. I've obviously lost mine

I thought you needed to flash people the original document? You can get a (paid) copy of your original from college I believe. I think it's worth it, they don't take you on your word from what I hear, you have no record in the country whatsoever so you have to dazzle them with docs.

I think it's worth it, they don't take you on your word from what I hear, you have no record in the country whatsoever so you have to dazzle them with docs.
    So they do need copy's of certificates at Stage 1? Time to fire the scanner up!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Hey hoping for a bit of info ,Just a quick one for anybody who may know, I am filling the form for AIT to recognise my qualification as an electrician. Just wondering is it just me or is there a ridiculous amount of info to fill in on this. It asks for you to fill in what work you carried out while with each employer in detail, did anybody actually fill all this in or has anybody got a copy they filled in i could have a look at.....Is it not enough to have a trade cert and and the required amount of months done without going through every single thing i did with the employers. seems a bit much to me.????As far as I was aware they now just go off your trade cert and dont look at anything else....Has anybody went through this recently. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

No all you need for stage 1 is the fee, a copy of your passport and your CV in their format.

Read this link

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2057118904

No all you need for stage 1 is the fee, a copy of your passport and your CV in their format.

Yea I know that. It was mentioned above that we "might" need to have proof of our Qualifications to show we aren't telling lies on the Cv. So I was just asking should I include them in Stage 1 along with the Cv? Or will it be fine without the Qualification documents?

Cheers!

Never heard of anyone being asked for proof of Qualifications. Remember the IEC visa doesn't require people to have qualifications so providing proof would be kind of pointless.

Some jobs in Canada may ask for it but guess that would depend on the job.

Yea that's what I thought. Cheers Fergus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

I was just asking about the AIT as there will be a lot of guys on wanting the IEC will have already been through the AIT process so I'm hoping one of them lads can help me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

thanks for the update! Did you use an IEC or CIC email address?

p.s. check this out: I don't know if this author has insider info or is just guessing...but he says "early January"...

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/emigration-to-fall-as-economy-improves-says-esri-1.1637898

I just sent it to the email address on the Contact Us page of the IEC website. Called the office in Toronto the other day as well but they weren't able to give me any answer as to when it might open.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

No. All we know is that the UK IEC 3rd window opens next week, so we're praying after that the Irish one opens!

Don't think there's been a date set for the last round of the UK one yet. On their IEC page it just says 3rd round:2014

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MurfM3

Just a heads up for anyone RE; Garda Clearence forms.

I applied for mine Monday and received it yesterday, very quick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

MurfM3 wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone RE; Garda Clearence forms.

I applied for mine Monday and received it yesterday, very quick :)

What's the process exactly?

Walk into station, as for Garda vetting form you need for a visa, then??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

No sorry man I didn't mean to give a false alert! I mean employers seem to be asking for info. on credentials, not IEC! Phew! :rolleyes:

No sorry man I didn't mean to give a false alert! I mean employers seem to be asking for info. on credentials, not IEC! Phew! rolleyes.png

Ah you're grand mate, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MurfM3

GrumPy wrote: »
    What's the process exactly?

Walk into station, as for Garda vetting form you need for a visa, then??

Yep, fill the form out bring required documents, passport licence birth cert (they photocopy them) leave them a self addressed envelope and wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Sloth89

This waiting game is driving me a bit insane...I hope they put us out of our misery soon! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

quick question how specfic is every one going with dates on the cv or resume as they call it ? ive my cv sorted ages but theres just some dates i cant remember and well i dont really wanna just make them up.

Advertisement