Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MurfM3

Friend of a friend was having difficulty getting a visa when he moved to Canada with his girlfriends family. Long story short, a solicitor working with the Canadian embassy that's helping him said he heard the Visas are opening the 15th (tomorrow) !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Sloth89 wrote: »
    This waiting game is driving me a bit insane...I hope they put us out of our misery soon! :rolleyes:

There was a post on the IEC facebook page yesterday from some guy who said he knows someone who knows someone who works in the emigration offices and they said they are out next week... could be pure horse sh1t but its something:)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

MurfM3 wrote: »
    Friend of a friend was having difficulty getting a visa when he moved to Canada with his girlfriends family. Long story short, a solicitor working with the Canadian embassy that's helping him said he heard the Visas are opening the 15th (tomorrow) !!!!

yeah maybe announced tomorrow cause i mean chances of no announcement ?slim id say !but who knows .

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BobC88

MurfM3 wrote: »

Bejaysus

BobC88 wrote: »
    Bejaysus

Hahahaha scaremongering galore !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 tommytans

Feck it anyways.....i turn 36 tomoorrow....that rules me out so....unless they are released in the next half an hour !!! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Bejaysus

Haha quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Won't be doing the 2014 IEC, already done two and now going down different routes to hopefully stay here! Might hang around this thread tho and try to help out.

For starters, the paperwork for the 2012 & 2013 IEC was pretty similar... I'm assuming its not going to change too much for 2014. I'm gonna give ye a list of what was needed with links to the CIC forms. I wouldn't submit these forms on your application tho, there could be a very small or huge difference... this is more for prep.

IMM1295
    IMM5707E

You'll also need copies of the following, taking a picture is ok.

Birthcert
    Garda Clearence
    Passport
    Passport Picture, use your camera and these specs;

The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1¾").
    The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
    The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
    Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Again, the forms are just so you can an idea of what you'll be dealing with. I would say get everything you need a copy of done now.

Best of luck folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Snuggie

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Won't be doing the 2014 IEC, already done two and now going down different routes to hopefully stay here! Might hang around this thread tho and try to help out.

For starters, the paperwork for the 2012 & 2013 IEC was pretty similar... I'm assuming its not going to change too much for 2014. I'm gonna give ye a list of what was needed with links to the CIC forms. I wouldn't submit these forms on your application tho, there could be a very small or huge difference... this is more for prep.

IMM1295
    IMM5707E

Birthcert
    Garda Clearence
    Passport

The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1¾").
    The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
    The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
    Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Again, the forms are just so you can an idea of what you'll be dealing with. I would say get everything you need a copy of done now.

Best of luck folks!

Hey, did they give you a heads up of when the visa application would be open??

Snuggie wrote: »
    Hey, did they give you a heads up of when the visa application would be open??

Nope, it just opened. I was checking over and over again.

I think someone posted a way to be notified of a website change. changedetection.com or something similar, I'm sure Google will bring it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Hey can anyone tell how quick do they normally fill their quota? gonna be working for the next while and not going to get chance to check that website daily

bd2012 wrote: »
    Hey can anyone tell how quick do they normally fill their quota? gonna be working for the next while and not going to get chance to check that website daily

Last year, 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Last year, 48 hours.

Holy cow!! Better keep my eyes peeled then so. Thanks for the reply :)

What all do you need to get the application in in the first place?

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng
    page has changed they say 24 hours to 72 hours advance notice of announcment ofopening

Yea just seen that myself. Happy days!

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Yea just seen that myself. Happy days!

it is indeed man so should be soon now bring on all the stupid questions about when the visas are open to apply lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AntDen

FYI. Latest news from http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

IEC will announce the opening date for the 2014 quota on this page 24 to 72 hours in advance of the opening.

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

IMM1295
    IMM5707E

Birthcert
    Garda Clearence
    Passport

Best of luck folks!

Great, thanks for tips!

Will we need Garda clearance cert filled in for when it opens initially?

I thought for stage 1, all you need is passport scan, and CV ready!

Birth Certificate? Was that a requirement last year?

• Advertisement

I assume when it opens, and you can register; once you are registered you can fill in the form within several hours or so?
    Or is it literally a race to fill in the form as quickly as possible to try submit before it closes? :eek:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

I hope it's not until next week and my new passport gets here in time :eek: I really can't afford missing out on a visa.

GrumPy wrote: »
    I assume when it opens, and you can register; once you are registered you can fill in the form within several hours or so?
    Or is it literally a race to fill in the form as quickly as possible to try submit before it closes? :eek:

nah just log in set it up fill in whatever they ask you then pay the fee and then upload your cv and passport scan once your prompted too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

nah just log in set it up fill in whatever they ask you then pay the fee and then upload your cv and passport scan once your prompted too

So are ye going to send a Word Docx or a Jpeg (scanned copy) of your resumes?

So are ye going to send a Word Docx or a Jpeg (scanned copy) of your resumes?

PDF is required afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

GrumPy wrote: »
    PDF is required afaik.

I had mine scanned & I have it saved & ready to go.. when i go to Properties it says its Jpeg.. Hmm should I change it or something?

I had mine scanned & I have it saved & ready to go.. when i go to Properties it says its Jpeg.. Hmm should I change it or something?

Just open the normal Word version you have, and "Save As" > PDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 miak

IMM1295
    IMM5707E

Birthcert
    Garda Clearence
    Passport

Best of luck folks!

Thats so nice of you to share, thanks so much. Just had a quick glance at those forms, Im a bit confused by the signing part, is it just that you tick a box to sign or how do you sign electronically?? Cheers again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

miak wrote: »
    Thats so nice of you to share, thanks so much. Just had a quick glance at those forms, Im a bit confused by the signing part, is it just that you tick a box to sign or how do you sign electronically?? Cheers again:D

when ya upload everything in stage 2 at final completion, there's a confirmation page... that counts as the electronic signature!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

How much is the fee? I think i missed that part

Advertisement