Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

radiata wrote: »
    How much is the fee? I think i missed that part

10 grand
    thats a lie but just google it !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Hasn't been announced yet, but I think in previous years it was €130-150.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

It was €120 last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

I was thinking about this, on one of the countries' IEC pages I seen it said $150 CAD. The airlines have reduced their prices a lot in the last few months as the rate has changed by about 10c to the Euro. Maybe IEC will do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

AntDen wrote: »
    FYI. Latest news from http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

IEC will announce the opening date for the 2014 quota on this page 24 to 72 hours in advance of the opening.

:):)

Thank you sir! I have web monitors watching that page, they emailed me all the time saying 1 word was changed, 2 words were changed. Did they email me now with this? No! ffs. Thanks again! :)

Edit: 6 countries are processed centrally in Ottawa. 2 countries IEC are closed, at least 3 are on-going, leaving only the Irish one to open. Still to finish: UK 3rd round, Australia, Japan, New Zealand. I think they might leave Ireland until mid next week onwards, possibly even the final week of the month, to stem the flow. They don't seem to be opening them at the same time, I think they're managing the flow like gates in a barge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shanofin

IEC will announce the opening date for the 2014 quota on this page 24 to 72 hours in advance of the opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭keryl

Has anyone applied for the NPC ( Australian Police Check ) online?

The payment page never loads.

Also,

can anyone tell me how I should go about obtaining a Victorian Road Report?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

keryl wrote: »
    Has anyone applied for the NPC ( Australian Police Check ) online?

The payment page never loads.

Also,

can anyone tell me how I should go about obtaining a Victorian Road Report?

I did it, took less than a week to come back aswell, thought it would take weeks
    https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 stupidman

I've read that your passport must be valid beyond one day after your departure from canada and my passport expires in september 2014. Would it be correct to say that i cannot apply with this passport ??? Even thought I will apply for a new passport and have it within ten working days..surely its possible to do this??

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

stupidman wrote: »
    I've read that your passport must be valid beyond one day after your departure from canada and my passport expires in september 2014. Would it be correct to say that i cannot apply with this passport ??? Even thought I will apply for a new passport and have it within ten working days..surely its possible to do this??

Chances are if you apply now you will have it in time

I read this on another forum so don't know if its 100% or not,seems to make sense though.

''Your passport needs to be valid for your entire stay when you arrive at the port of entry in Canada.

However, to apply for the IEC your passport simply needs to be valid at the time you submit your application. If your passport is soon to run out, you can first submit your IEC application and then renew your passport but only after you have received your LOI. You'll then need to contact them to let them know your passport details have changed. When you apply for the IEC don't mention that you're renewing your passport as this is not allowed. Wait until you've received the LOI, then apply for the new passport.''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 rich303

I have a few questions, any help is full appreciated. So I am applying for the new visa Irish quota. Currently I am in Canada on the final of 2 IEC visas on the UK initiative. Now I also have an irish passport, being from NI and I understand that people from NI can apply to both (as confirmed by IEC officials). So in question to this would I update my resume I submit in stage 1 as from living back at home in Ireland (as if I returned home before applying for the new quota or include my current Canadian address and job positions etc on the resume and personal information. Any from here in a similar situation or can give tips on how to proceed?

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Does anyone know if you are in canada currently and looking to apply for the 2 year visa what your wtn number is? I have a client ID number and an office file number. Any idea which one of them is the wtn number? The office file number starts with a 'w'

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Does anyone else find it funny/annoying that the Australian IEC opened over a week ago but less than 1000 visas have gone in that time, out of a possible 11,350? You'd wonder why they bothered to open theirs so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Jaysus.. Didn't know Australia got allocated that many Visas. Can't see that many Ozzies going tbh. The majority of the Irish in Oz will be shipping out this year to Canada due to work going a bit quiet out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

Hi guys.Has it been confirmed that Ireland will get 10000 visas?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Marko10 wrote: »
    Hi guys.Has it been confirmed that Ireland will get 10000 visas?

No it hasn't. Went to a recent USIT conference and they said there was absolutely no confirmation on this. 6,350 visas last year so I assume it'll be as much if not more this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

sjapok wrote: »
    No it hasn't. Went to a recent USIT conference and they said there was absolutely no confirmation on this. 6,350 visas last year so I assume it'll be as much if not more this year.

Thanks.I thought it had been confirmed but read somewhere recently that the quota hadn't been decided yet.Really hope there's 10000 or so.will be at work when they are released.don't want to come home to find they've all gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

@rich303
    A friend of mine is in the same boat. Where did you see confirmation that you can apply to both? I was thinking that it should be possible to apply under different passports, but wasn't sure about what should be entered for "Have you participated in IEC before". I guess technically you have not as your passport is different? But then could flag something if your address and jobs are in Canada. Maybe the best bet would be to apply with address and jobs from before you got to canada.....

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

CIC last year announced it would be increased to 10,000 in 2014, cannot find it on official sites but it does mention it here:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/generationemigration/2013/02/04/canadian-visa-quota-filled-in-record-time/

Anything can change, but I reckon 10,000 will be closer to the figure anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rich303

I have a few questions, any help is full appreciated. So I am applying for the new visa Irish quota. Currently I am in Canada on the final of 2 IEC visas on the UK initiative. Now I also have an irish passport, being from NI and I understand that people from NI can apply to both (as confirmed by IEC officials). So in question to this would I update my resume I submit in stage 1 as from living back at home in Ireland (as if I returned home before applying for the new quota or include my current Canadian address and job positions etc on the resume and personal information. Any from here in a similar situation or can give tips on how to proceed?

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement

Right folks by the sounds of things and going by Moving2Canada.com, there is only going to be one round for Ireland this year and not 3 rounds like the UK, so when the Visa Window is open it's open. Looks like I will be taking the day off work!
    Next week looks a big week for those awaiting applying for IEC UK (final round on Tuesday). For IEC Ireland (one and only round).
    Shaun Renton from the UK blogs for Moving2Canada about the frenetic 7.5mins that paved his route to Canada.
    Are you ready to apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Right folks by the sounds of things and going by Moving2Canada.com, there is only going to be one round for Ireland this year and not 3 rounds like the UK, so when the Visa Window is open it's open. Looks like I will be taking the day off work!

there never was a round system for ireland before anyways!

there never was a round system for ireland before anyways!

Ah right. I assumed there was last year. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 robcarty011rc

EI-DOR wrote: »

I wouldn't have thought you'd need to be taking a day off work considering they won't be released until 3 o clock most likely. Assuming you work 9 - 5 and get home around 6 I wouldn't have thought 10000 people will get there before you

So looks like insurance for two years is going to cost around the same as my flights :(
    Does 400euros for two years sound about right?

Maybe half day then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 robcarty011rc

Having said that I may be completely wrong & they will be completely gone ha, I don't think anyone will no for sure. Does anyone know how long you have to pay ? I read somewhere before it's 9 days ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

astonaidan wrote: »
    So looks like insurance for two years is going to cost around the same as my flights :(
    Does 400euros for two years sound about right?

I haven't even looked into insurance yet... I assumed if I only stay for 12 months, my travel insurance with Multitrip (Worldwide, incl. Canada/US) would be OK.
    Do you mean specific medical insurance?

There is a seminar in Dublin with USIT on Monday night, I'm heading along to that, hopefully it will be informative.

GrumPy wrote: »
    I haven't even looked into insurance yet... I assumed if I only stay for 12 months, my travel insurance with Multitrip (Worldwide, incl. Canada/US) would be OK.
    Do you mean specific medical insurance?

There is a seminar in Dublin with USIT on Monday night, I'm heading along to that, hopefully it will be informative.
    Havent a clue, just googled backpackers insurance for 24 months and that came up, hoping Im wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

Advertisement