Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Gossipgal wrote: »

Aw super I thought payment was immediate.

At what stage do you actually know that you are actually successful?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

gg2 wrote: »
    Aw super I thought payment was immediate.

At what stage do you actually know that you are actually successful?

You will get a conditional acceptance letter but it's at the very end of the whole process when you receive your POE/LOI that your are actually sucessful.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭AJ6000

Hello all, I've arrived very late to the party after my previous plans fell through completely with a visa to another country but I would like to apply for the Canadian visa if I can get the required documents sorted in time. As far as the copy of the passport and the copy of the "Canadian" format resumè I have both of those sorted already.

The problem I have is regarding Clearance. I am an Irish citizen who is currently living in France, working in an university.

1) Do I need police clearance from both Ireland AND France?
    2) I spent Summer 2013 on a J1 visa in the US. Do I need US clearance as well?
    3) Do I have any chance in hell of getting all the clearances sorted in time?

Thanks in advance.

*Sorry if the answers to any of the above questions have appeared earlier in the thread. I read every comment but could not get concrete info regarding my specific situation.*

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

AJ6000 wrote: »
    Hello all, I've arrived very late to the party after my previous plans fell through completely with a visa to another country but I would like to apply for the Canadian visa if I can get the required documents sorted in time. As far as the copy of the passport and the copy of the "Canadian" format resumè I have both of those sorted already.

The problem I have is regarding Clearance. I am an Irish citizen who is currently living in France, working in an university.

1) Do I need police clearance from both Ireland AND France?
    2) I spent Summer 2013 on a J1 visa in the US. Do I need US clearance as well?
    3) Do I have any chance in hell of getting all the clearances sorted in time?

Thanks in advance.

*Sorry if the answers to any of the above questions have appeared earlier in the thread. I read every comment but could not get concrete info regarding my specific situation.*

How long did you spend in the USA? If it was under 6 months you won't need the FBI clearance.

Same goes for France, if you've been there for over 6 months then you'll need to get a police cert from there as well as Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭AJ6000

Well I was only in the US for 4 months so that's ok.

The problem with France is that I've lived here on 3 separate occasions.

9 months in 11/12 on Erasmus
    2.5 months in Summer 2012
    September 2013-Present.

I'm not sure if where that leaves me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

September 2013-Present.

You still need the Police Check from France!

AJ6000 wrote: »
    Well I was only in the US for 4 months so that's ok.

September 2013-Present.

Yup you'll definitely need to get one for France. You need to get a police cert for any country you've lived in for over 6 months since your 18th birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Karbolt wrote: »
    Yup you'll definitely need to get one for France. You need to get a police cert for any country you've lived in for over 6 months since your 18th birthday.

To be honest... Why even tell them you lived in France . They're not going to know unless you mention it. Creating headaches for yourself.

To be honest... Why even tell them you lived in France . They're not going to know unless you mention it. Creating headaches for yourself.

Considering their job in France is probably on their resume it'd be pretty hard to cover up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Karbolt wrote: »
    Considering their job in France is probably on their resume it'd be pretty hard to cover up.

That's fair enough. I was just saying though, if you know yourself you've no convictions and it's going to be hard to get the cert... You could easily forget you lived in a place. What harm.

• Advertisement

That's fair enough. I was just saying though, if you know yourself you've no convictions and it's going to be hard to get the cert... You could easily forget you lived in a place. What harm.

Not sure how hard it is to get the French police cert, here's the CIC page but that's as far as I got because I don't speak French, might be of use to the OP: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/france.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

**** Two posts removed for off topic bickering. Please remember that boards.ie does not condone, suggest, advice on or otherwise assist in illegal activity, and that includes immigration fraud/ laws of other countries. This is your one and only warning, mod action will be taken if further such suggestions are made. ******

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Hi folks.. If you fail at stage 2 is the fee refunded? I'm happy enough to go ahead with the process but I've a silly disorderly behaviour caution from almost 10 years back that may or may not show on my police check and I'm worried that would be enough to fail my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

so theres gonna be more then one category for the irish iec according to Irish Canadian Immigration Centre sould be intresting to see what the deal is with that , https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=503923553053574&id=154674707978462

so theres gonna be more then one category for the irish iec according to Irish Canadian Immigration Centre sould be intresting to see what the deal is with that , https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=503923553053574&id=154674707978462

i posted this in one the other threads too !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

so theres gonna be more then one category for the irish iec according to Irish Canadian Immigration Centre sould be intresting to see what the deal is with that...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=503923553053574&id=154674707978462

Didn't know this existed. Thanks for posting the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Can't they find that info out using your passport number?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

In response to the new categories that were mentioned, do we think they're going to be similar to the new Australian Visas which are categorised by Working Holiday, Young Professionals and International Co-op??

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/australia-australie/experience_canada_experience/choose_your_experience-choisissez_votre_experience.aspx

AntDen wrote: »

Eek! I really REALLY hope we get the announcement tomorrow! The suspense is absolutely killing me here!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 paddydoherty

Hi I was wondering is the garda clearance form required for initial application or for actually entering canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Hi I was wondering is the garda clearance form required for initial application or for actually entering canada?

Only Stage 2, the bulk of the application. Stage 1 seem to just comprise of (from what I understand):
    • Creating a kompass account
    • Logging into that account
    • Filling in initial person details
    • Attach resume and passport PDFs
    And finally, you typically have 10 days to make payment.

Stage 2 opens 6-8 weeks afterwards, afaik.

Apparently the last of the UK 2000 Visas went in 5 Minutes!

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Apparently the last of the UK 2000 Visas went in 5 Minutes!

Seriously!? Ours need to hurry up big time! Honestly thought we'd of heard an announcement today! :(

Yea. Surprised how fast the remaining UK places went. Put's it into perspective what the demand will be like when the Irish window opens. Start practicing your typing at a fast pace!

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Yea. Surprised how fast the remaining UK places went. Put's it into perspective what the demand will be like when the Irish window opens. Start practicing your typing at a fast pace!

Firstly allot people had accounts from previous rounds so all the had to do was confirm there account and got through not saying the Irish. Visas Wont go fast but I doubt it be like the UK firstly the population is huge in comparison plus the Irish one won't be in rounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Pegmatite

I'm starting to seriously fret over not getting one. The sooner the buggers are realised the better....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Pegmatite wrote: »
    I'm starting to seriously fret over not getting one. The sooner the buggers are realised the better....

Yeah awareness of the Canadian visa in Ireland has soared in two years plus I think that this new category, like young professional/internship could take some of that 10,000 chunk, leaving fewer places for the IEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

Pegmatite wrote: »

Me too. Wish they'd just hurry up and release them. Nerve wracking stuff. There's only one day next week I wont have access to the internet and knowing my luck that's the day they're released!

Can anyone give me an idea of the type of questions asked in the first stage application form? Wondering in case I need to get someone else to apply for me.

• Advertisement

No point worrying folks. Just get the documents ready, mug of tea and make a tear at it as soon as it opens!

Advertisement