Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

JenL wrote: »
    Are you still living in the States? I'm pretty sure the police cert is required for stage 2 and if you are still there when it turns 6 months you will need one. If it were me i would go ahead and get applying for one. Once you get through stage 1 you have 6 months to complete stage 2 so it shouldn't be an issue if there is a delay in getting it issued.

No. Been home over a year now.

Might be OK for it so. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Smurf666

Any one else see that the IEC page is down???

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

Could we be getting an update soon???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Smurf666 wrote: »
    Any one else see that the IEC page is down???

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

Could we be getting an update soon???

I've been hammering it all morning, maybe it was me. :P
    It's been loading fine for me all morning though, including now.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Website is loading fine for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BobC88

GrumPy wrote: »
    I've been hammering it all morning, maybe it was me. :P
    It's been loading fine for me all morning though, including now.

Same as. Working fine for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

im pretty sure theyre going to give us 24-72 hours notice before they open people,its not like theyre just gonna open sporadically. relax the cacks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

They're really stretching this out aren't they :/
    Hopefully it's announced Monday and live on Wednesday at 3pm. Sooner this process is over the better.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They're really stretching this out aren't they :/
    Hopefully it's announced Monday and live on Wednesday at 3pm. Sooner this process is over the better.

I keep telling people I'm emigrating, and then having to say "Assuming I get a visa, that is". I'm sure my parents think I'm only pretending I'm going at this stage!

Faith wrote: »
    I keep telling people I'm emigrating, and then having to say "Assuming I get a visa, that is". I'm sure my parents think I'm only pretending I'm going at this stage!

Haha, same. :D
    "Yeah! I'll be in Canada in 2015 for sure! Hopefully....."

So who is planning on going where, and what kinda work do you plan on doing/ are qualified in?

IT here, plan for Toronto but Vancouver looks awesome too! I've never been to either, but have done a bunch of research and have close friends that have been before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

Oh my gosh, my ones are the same! My boyfriend has been relocated to Toronto and was planning on going over with him at the beginning of the month, at this stage it'll be May by the time we're finally reunited! I can't get over how they initially said the end of November and it's now the end of January and still no word! Absolutely ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

bit of a noob question but im just wondering can i set up an iec kompass account now or do i have to wait till the visas are released? i cant seem to find where to set it up anywhere>

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

TheStig13 wrote: »
    bit of a noob question but im just wondering can i set up an iec kompass account now or do i have to wait till the visas are released? i cant seem to find where to set it up anywhere>

Thanks

You have to wait until visas are released

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Haha, same. :D
    "Yeah! I'll be in Canada in 2015 for sure! Hopefully....."

So who is planning on going where, and what kinda work do you plan on doing/ are qualified in?

IT here, plan for Toronto but Vancouver looks awesome too! I've never been to either, but have done a bunch of research and have close friends that have been before.

Heading to Vancouver. I'm in psychology and it looks like there's tonnes of work there, plus my college supervisor has a lot of contacts there and he recommended the place. My OH is in media production, so Vancouver should hopefully work well for him too.

We considered other areas, but the bottom line is we want to be by the sea. We've both lived on the coast our entire lives and would go mad without the ocean nearby!
    TMcG1990 wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, my ones are the same! My boyfriend has been relocated to Toronto and was planning on going over with him at the beginning of the month, at this stage it'll be May by the time we're finally reunited! I can't get over how they initially said the end of November and it's now the end of January and still no word! Absolutely ridiculous!

That must be so frustrating. I'm in no rush to go and I'm frustrated enough by the delay!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

Heading to Vancouver. I'm in psychology and it looks like there's tonnes of work there, plus my college supervisor has a lot of contacts there and he recommended the place. My OH is in media production, so Vancouver should hopefully work well for him too.

We considered other areas, but the bottom line is we want to be by the sea. We've both lived on the coast our entire lives and would go mad without the ocean nearby!

That must be so frustrating. I'm in no rush to go and I'm frustrated enough by the delay!

Nightmare so it is! He's been out there from September so really hating on this long distance jazz at the mo!

Oh you lucky things! Vancouver's supposed to be amazing! I'm actually in Media Production aswell so will be keeping an eye out for work in the Ontario area but if all else fails, admin/pulling pints may have to do the job!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ok so I called the local Garda station to ask about Garda vetting forms and he told me that they can take MONTHS to come back. He asked me what I needed it for, I told him Canada he said I didn't need Garda vetting form, that I could get something else (police something or other) and that takes less time?? Can someone please clarify what I need to
    Do

Ok so I called the local Garda station to ask about Garda vetting forms and he told me that they can take MONTHS to come back. He asked me what I needed it for, I told him Canada he said I didn't need Garda vetting form, that I could get something else (police something or other) and that takes less time?? Can someone please clarify what I need to
    Do

It's already been explained a page or two back.

You need a certificate of character, it's a very basic form, a single A4 page. My local station said it will take about "10 working days", but depends on your station....
    You need to sign the form, with your passport and birth cert at the station (for photocopying) and provide them with a stamped, address envelope. No cost (other than the stamp)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

sent mine in last tuesday had it back thursday cert of character

It's already been explained a page or two back.

You need a certificate of character, it's a very basic form, a single A4 page. My local station said it will take about "10 working days", but depends on your station....
    You need to sign the form, with your passport and birth cert at the station (for photocopying) and provide them with a stamped, address envelope. No cost (other than the stamp)

What does it say on the form once you've received it?
    Just confirming you've no convictions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

pretty much

What does it say on the form once you've received it?
    Just confirming you've no convictions ?

Yeah, it's basically some generic information about you (name, age, places you lived in Ireland) and the guard checks pulse; if you come up clean, then they sign off you aren't a criminal and give it the auld' rubber stamping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

Yello all, I do not have my birth cert. It's lost, gone, I haven't been able to find it for years (and I've checked everywhere) Will I need to get a replacement??? Or is my passport okay. Also, if I do replace it, how long will it take and for how much??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

123DarcySt wrote: »
    Yello all, I do not have my birth cert. It's lost, gone, I haven't been able to find it for years (and I've checked everywhere) Will I need to get a replacement??? Or is my passport okay. Also, if I do replace it, how long will it take and for how much??

Think passport is all you need.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/required-requis.aspx

I needed my birth cert for the Garda form. You do not need it for the actual visa application.

Yeah, it's basically some generic information about you (name, age, places you lived in Ireland) and the guard checks pulse; if you come up clean, then they sign off you aren't a criminal and give it the auld' rubber stamping!

So all they do is stamp the form that you send in? They don't actually type up a new form themselves?

So all they do is stamp the form that you send in? They don't actually type up a new form themselves?

I don't know, hoping mine arrives this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

Have the form here, at the bottom it says address to which certificate should be posted??

Also says copy of documentation from embassy/consular requesting police certificate? Will a passport and birthcert be enough without that

TheStig13 wrote: »
    Have the form here, at the bottom it says address to which certificate should be posted??

Also says copy of documentation from embassy/consular requesting police certificate? Will a passport and birthcert be enough without that

For Canadian visas, embassy stuff doesn't count. The Garda form is generic, therefore not country you intend to visit specific. So you can ignore it.

It would probably be needed for US visas though..

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭stevief01

allanb49 wrote: »
    sent mine in last tuesday had it back thursday cert of character

I just went to my local garda station and said i need a garda cert cause im planning on going to canada. he took a copy of my passport (that was all) and askedme where i lived and all the addresses i had lived in. had the cert back in couple of days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Is today the day they announce it I wonder??!!

*awaits disappointment*

• Advertisement

Karbolt wrote: »
    Is today the day they announce it I wonder??!!

*awaits disappointment*

You'll find out in approx 30 minutes!

Advertisement