Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

GrumPy wrote: »
    You'll find out in approx 30 minutes!

huh????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

gg2 wrote: »
    huh????

They historically release the visas at 10:00 Ottowa time. Which is 15:00 in our sunny isle!

I'm assuming they will similarly use the same time, to give us "24 to 72 hour notice."
    (Complete guess on my part, but seems like a reasonable one!)

EDIT: No update today... (yet?)
    Last Page Date Modified:
    - 2014-01-15

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

IEC just announced that they are releasing Czech Republic visas tomorrow so I'd say Ireland will be another few days yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

IEC just announced that they are releasing Czech Republic visas tomorrow so I'd say Ireland will be another few days yet.

Are they taking the absolute p***!? I'm not sure I have any patience left! Ahhhhhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

TMcG1990 wrote: »
    Are they taking the absolute p***!? I'm not sure I have any patience left! Ahhhhhhhh!

I feel your pain! I don't think I can hack it anymore :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

It looks like it'll be February at this stage?! What are they playing at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

parabol wrote: »
    I feel your pain! I don't think I can hack it anymore :(

It's just madness! The amount of us with our lives on hold since we were told by officials that it would be the end of November, and we're STILL waiting!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

It's just madness! The amount of us with our lives on hold since we were told by officials that it would be the end of November, and we're STILL waiting!! :(

The most annoying part is peoples police certs etc are going out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

At this point I wish I was Czech.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

It looks like it'll be February at this stage?! What are they playing at.

They don't care that people are anxiously waiting on these because they know they will have no problem selling out of Irish visas at the end of the day it's all about money.

I just hope they don't go on sale this Thursday because I have to work and if they are announced for Thursday it will mean having to take an unpaid sick day which is annoying.

The most annoying part is peoples police certs etc are going out of date.

Exactly. Mine's Dec 4th so I'm stuck whether to wait and hope it's grand or just bring it in and get it renewed again!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

Exactly. Mine's Dec 4th so I'm stuck whether to wait and hope it's grand or just bring it in and get it renewed again!

Get it renewed, it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AntDen

With regards the Police certs, what is the timeline in which they become invalid? I have seen people saying they must be less than three months old when applying but I have seen this nowhere on any official sites, just from word of mouth. Is this true? Is there a validity period of three months on the police certs? Thanks in advance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 hippo2472

AntDen wrote: »
    With regards the Police certs, what is the timeline in which they become invalid. I have seen people saying they must be less then three months old when applying but I have seen this nowhere on any official sites, just from word of mouth. Is this true? Is there a validity period of three months on the police certs? Thanks in advance :)

Don't think there is a clear rule on it. Mine is dated 25th November and if they are released this week im sticking with that, any later I think ill get a new one. If i was a betting man i would say an announcement will go up later this evening or tomorrow, and they will go on sale Thursday or Friday. It would be unusual if they let it go till February, unless they are having internal problems with the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AntDen

hippo2472 wrote: »
    Don't think there is a clear rule on it. Mine is dated 25th November and if they are released this week im sticking with that, any later I think ill get a new one. If i was a betting man i would say an announcement will go up later this evening or tomorrow, and they will go on sale Thursday or Friday. It would be unusual if they let it go till February, unless they are having internal problems with the system.

Mine is dated the 14th of November, so I am really cutting it close if the three month rule applies. It looks like I will need to go and apply for a new cert if they are not released this week also.

AntDen wrote: »
    Mine is dated the 14th of November, so I am really cutting it close if the three month rule applies. It looks like I will need to go and apply for a new cert if they are not released this week also.

Logically you would think that they would accept a Garda cert as long as it is less than three months old from the date you actually apply for the visa.

Also to mention i did this before in 2010 through USIT on the Student visa, did four months in Vancouver. It was a different set up then though. I also work in a job thats kinda related to issuing visas and the like. If anyone has any questions about Vancouver, or the process, feel free to ask. Here's a handy tip, in Vancouver at least, the vast majority of apartments become available on the 1st of every month. If you go looking for an apartment on the second of a month you're going to have a bad time. The last two weeks of the month is when you search/view/sign contract. Deposit is usually one and a half months rent, tis expensive so be prepared for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Also to mention i did this before in 2010 through USIT on the Student visa, did four months in Vancouver. It was a different set up then though. I also work in a job thats kinda related to issuing visas and the like. If anyone has any questions about Vancouver, or the process, feel free to ask. Here's a handy tip, in Vancouver at least, the vast majority of apartments become available on the 1st of every month. If you go looking for an apartment on the second of a month you're going to have a bad time. The last two weeks of the month is when you search/view/sign contract. Deposit is usually one and a half months rent, tis expensive so be prepared for that.

Very helpful, cheers for that.

Myself and few friends are planning on heading to Vancouver at the end of September, so hopefully in time to get hit that 1st of month turnaround you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

My Australian police cert was issued on Nov 4th, should probably apply for another but annoyingly it costs 42 dollars

• Advertisement

Gossipgal wrote: »
    My Australian police cert was issued on Nov 4th, should probably apply for another but annoyingly it costs 42 dollars

Are you living there at the moment?
    If yes, probably need to get a new one :( .

If no, and you'r currently in Ireland, it will be fine. :) It would be pretty hard to commit a crime in Australia within 3 months, if you've been in Ireland; and that's all they are interested in checking. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

Still in Oz so yeah that's my most current police check. My Irish one was issued 25th Nov. The AFP are very quick to issue so that's not a problem, just the unnecessary cost

Knex. wrote: »
    Very helpful, cheers for that.

Myself and few friends are planning on heading to Vancouver at the end of September, so hopefully in time to get hit that 1st of month turnaround you mentioned.

If you are a group of lads heading over, i would highly recommend staying in this hostel http://cambiehostelsgastown.com/ for a few days until you can get a gaf sorted. Its also a hopping bar in a great location, food is unreal too. Also use craigslist, especially the free section, it is a god send over there!

If you are a group of lads heading over, i would highly recommend staying in this hostel http://cambiehostelsgastown.com/ for a few days until you can get a gaf sorted. Its also a hopping bar in a great location, food is unreal too. Also use craigslist, especially the free section, it is a god send over there!

Great tips, cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭stevief01

stevief01 wrote: »
    I just went to my local garda station and said i need a garda cert cause im planning on going to canada. he took a copy of my passport (that was all) and askedme where i lived and all the addresses i had lived in. had the cert back in couple of days.....

did i need anything else????

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneyrotten

This may have been covered already but I have lived in Canada last year on the IEC 2012 visa. I since came home for a year (waste of time) and I'm heading back over on the IEC 2014 (Hopefully!). Obviously I need a Police Certificate from here which I already have but do you reckon I need to get one from the Canadian police? or does that matter seen as I'm applying for said country if you get me. Surely during my application they'll be able to tell from my old SIN number I have lived there and have no accounts of any misconduct. Anybody know anything about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just filled in form today in Garda station, he asked what it was for I told him a Canadian visa so he gave me a form he said I needed and that it was "in house" rather than the central vetting form. He did not ask to see my passport or my birth cert. really hope it's the right one

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneyrotten

This may have been covered already but I have lived in Canada last year on the IEC 2012 visa. I since came home for a year (waste of time) and I'm heading back over on the IEC 2014 (Hopefully!). Obviously I need a Police Certificate from here which I already have but do you reckon I need to get one from the Canadian police? or does that matter seen as I'm applying for said country if you get me. Surely during my application they'll be able to tell from my old SIN number I have lived there and have no accounts of any misconduct. Anybody know anything about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Judi565

I enquired about this too with IEC (lived in Canada on IEC in 2007). They replied that you need to supply a police cert for all countries you've lived in for more than 6 months since the age of 18.

The RCMP website says you must supply digitised finger prints to get a cert. Checked with Guards and they can do finger prints at local stations. Costs around €60. There are rcmp-accredited Canadian companies that digitise the prints and seems like a quick process to get the cert back once they're submitted online. I'm waiting for stage 2 to do all this cause it's pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

With regards to the garda cert how do I prove to them that ive only lived in the same adress my whole life? Just say that I have? I gave a photocopy of my passport,reason why I need the clearance (go4less), proof of address and a stamped letter and your one looked at me like I had ten heads. She says come back when you have all this, including a copy of a birth cert which I was told I didnt need! Sake

Advertisement