Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

This may have been covered already but I have lived in Canada last year on the IEC 2012 visa. I since came home for a year (waste of time) and I'm heading back over on the IEC 2014 (Hopefully!). Obviously I need a Police Certificate from here which I already have but do you reckon I need to get one from the Canadian police? or does that matter seen as I'm applying for said country if you get me. Surely during my application they'll be able to tell from my old SIN number I have lived there and have no accounts of any misconduct. Anybody know anything about this?

I didn't know you could doe IEC twice? :confused:

You won't need a police cert for Canada (according to USIT)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

stevief01 wrote: »
    did i need anything else????
    I also went to my local Garda station. They said to write a letter addressed to the superintendent asking why you need the Certificate of Character, you also need a photocopy of your passport and to list all the addresses you have lived in. He didn't say anything about a stamped and self addressed envelope but I am going to bring one anyway. I hope this helps. ;-)

Wow, serious differences it seems between Garda stations! Superintendent?!
    All the officer has to do, is bang your name into their pulse search, make sure you don't pop up with any criminal record, and stamp & sign the form.

My station were pretty sound about it, and the lady was obviously familiar with the process, so it was painless enough for me!

Ah Jayzuz you're not serious!! Feck sake!!! :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneyrotten

GrumPy wrote: »
    I didn't know you could doe IEC twice? :confused:

You won't need a police cert for Canada (according to USIT)

Thanks for your reply! Yea you can do it twice no problem I have many friends on their 2nd. That's it though you can't get it a third time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Just to clarify, you USED to be able to do IEC twice. But as of 2013 you can only apply once (but now for 24 months). People with an IEC from before 2013 can apply for a second 2 year visa.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Here's the info on what you need for the police cert for those looking.

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=2742&Lang=1

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

So, as regards the Garda Cert, you don't have to bring a form or anything with you, do you? I was just going to go in with all the required documents and a stamped addressed envelope. They have the form, right? Sorry, it's probably been answered before but there seems to be so much disparity between each station depending on where you are!

ravingitup wrote: »
    So, as regards the Garda Cert, you don't have to bring a form or anything with you, do you? I was just going to go in with all the required documents and a stamped addressed envelope. They have the form, right? Sorry, it's probably been answered before but there seems to be so much disparity between each station depending on where you are!
    You just bring in your documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneyrotten

Judi565 wrote: »
    I enquired about this too with IEC (lived in Canada on IEC in 2007). They replied that you need to supply a police cert for all countries you've lived in for more than 6 months since the age of 18.

The RCMP website says you must supply digitised finger prints to get a cert. Checked with Guards and they can do finger prints at local stations. Costs around €60. There are rcmp-accredited Canadian companies that digitise the prints and seems like a quick process to get the cert back once they're submitted online. I'm waiting for stage 2 to do all this cause it's pricey.

Wow ok so gotta look into this. Thanks for your reply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Working from home today, so would be extremely nice of them to release the Visas today. Please and thank you.

Won't hold my breath though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Knex. wrote: »
    Working from home today, so would be extremely nice of them to release the Visas today. Please and thank you.

Won't hold my breath though :(

They have to give us 24h - 72h notice 1st so they definitely won't be released today. (I think)

billy2012 wrote: »
    They have to give us 24h - 72h notice 1st so they definitely won't be released today. (I think)

They certainly don't "have" to give us notice. But they did publish on their site they would. Hopefully they will keep to that, and no reason why they wouldn't, :)but I still check several times a day myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

They certainly don't "have" to give us notice. But they did publish on their site they would. Hopefully they will keep to that, and no reason why they wouldn't, :)but I still check several times a day myself....

No they don't have to but now they stated they would give notice chances are there be no change in that at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm starting to verge into tantrum territory now.

Like I was sure they were going online tomo, so we should have received our 24hrs notice by now right?

I just want to get the process started already :(

I'm starting to verge into tantrum territory now.

Like I was sure they were going online tomo, so we should have received our 24hrs notice by now right?

I just want to get the process started already :(

why where ya so sure they be going on libe tomorrow?
    wait till 3 if nothings announce by then normally it wont be tomorrow going by the usual form

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

I dropped all the stuff down and the Garda took photocopy of my passport and birthcert , I left an addressed envelope with him. He said it will take about two weeks, do they send it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

why where ya so sure they be going on libe tomorrow?

Cos they said there'd be 72-24hrs notice given. I'll still be keeping my eyes peeled big time until tomo afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

TheStig13 wrote: »
    I dropped all the stuff down and the Garda took photocopy of my passport and birthcert , I left an addressed envelope with him. He said it will take about two weeks, do they send it off?

I'm just back from the barracks myself, she said it can take up to 5 working days, but she would check it today and I could have it in the next 2 days.... I think its done within the station, or maybe all stations differ. I know my boyfriend's one was in the station waiting for him the night after he dropped it in which would leave you to assume it didn't actually leave the station.

Just curious, how long could they potentially wait before releasing the visas? Is it possible it could go on for another few weeks?

Also could they put them live over the weekend? I won't have internet access this weekend, so trying to make provisions in the event they do go like on Saturday

Cos they said there'd be 72-24hrs notice given. I'll still be keeping my eyes peeled big time until tomo afternoon.

yah but they normally announce is release at 10 ottawa time which is 3 here and well theres being no announcement. so they said they be given the notice and havent . so ya had nothing to believe that they be released tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

gg2 wrote: »
    Also could they put them live over the weekend? I won't have internet access this weekend, so trying to make provisions in the event they do go like on Saturday

They could, but I doubt it.

Loblox wrote: »
    They could, but I doubt it.

never know tho i agree with ya its doubtful . but even cathy murphy from ican said it could be possible so never know really

They have never in the past released visa on: Sat, Sun or a Monday.
    I'd put money on them going LIVE before Friday.

Friday will hopefully be the absolute latest though! I'm sick of waiting and worrying I'll miss it somehow. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

I'm going mad here myself. Have all the information in a word document so I can copy and paste it in when the time comes. Apparently some people had trouble with the date formatting so make sure you have your months and dates right before you hit submit! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Crosswalk wrote: »
    I'm going mad here myself. Have all the information in a word document so I can copy and paste it in when the time comes. Apparently some people had trouble with the date formatting so make sure you have your months and dates right before you hit submit! :)

What information, do you mind me asking? Would be great to have it ready too. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Hoping now they have it announced tomorrow, and then released by Friday. As people mentioned, can't see them releasing over a weekend, and pushing this out till next week takes the piss a bit.

eenm wrote: »
    What information, do you mind me asking? Would be great to have it ready too. Thanks

I assume Address, DOB, Name, PPS Number maybe? etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

I assume Address, DOB, Name, PPS Number maybe? etc...

Ah grand, thanks. I was just wondering if there was a concrete list/copy of the form floating around anywhere.

• Advertisement

eenm wrote: »
    Ah grand, thanks. I was just wondering if there was a concrete list/copy of the form floating around anywhere.

Here is one from a few years back...

Advertisement